PDA

View Full Version : The Master Cleanser

txwingchun
09-02-2003, 01:21 PM
I'd like too get some thoughts and opinions on the validity of this

http://www.naturalways.com/master-cleanser.htm

MasterKiller
09-02-2003, 01:30 PM
Sounds like a hippy soda pop recipe. Sure, fasting on water for 2 days a month will cleanse you out. The syrup, lemon, and pepper are probably for taste.

IronFist
09-02-2003, 03:32 PM
Drink maple syrup? Gross. I wonder what would happen if you mix that with water. It probably seperates like water and oil.

From the site:
Grade B maple syrup contains a large variety of minerals and vitamins. These include: potassium, calcium, magnesium, manganese, iron, copper, phosphorus, sulphur, chlorine and silicon. Vitamin A, B1, B2, B6, C, nicotinic acid and pantothenic acid are also present.

My GNC multivitamin also contains a large variety of minerals and vitamins, including all those up there, and doesn't taste like maple syrup. 0wN3d!

Note: Maple syrup is good on pancakes, but do you want to drink it? I might go mix some later and see what really happens when you pour some in water.

IronFist

Ford Prefect
09-03-2003, 04:16 AM
It sounds like total BS. Fasting on occasion is good for you, but I don't agree with every month.

As to the recipe, it sounds like snake oil. The pepper will make you feel like you are cleaned out, and the maple syrup will just keep you alive for the two days you are fasting. In the old days (before IV's) when they were trying to keep an unconcious person alive, they'd feed him syrup and water or honey and water. Sounds like this is where they got the idea.

TonyM.
09-03-2003, 10:21 AM
It is total bunk. All the recomendations I read on that site were questionable. They combine ingreadients in there products that don't belong together. This is the kind or irresponsible marketing that gets valuable herbs banned because of their missuse by these pseudo science herbal products companies.

jun_erh
09-03-2003, 11:22 AM
it saved Robin Quivers life! check my post from a month or so ago in this sec tion