PDA

View Full Version : At least the administration gets it.

bobojoe02
09-02-2003, 04:24 PM
All training is useless w.o. shen?

I rest my case.

What is missing in most martial systems today?

'... Jin is useless without shen or spirit. You could argue that standing has a definite spiritual development aspect, but one of the ways this is different from many others is to illustrate some exercises that play a definite role in developing fighting spirit.

The Three Treasures of life - Jing (life essence), Chi (energy) and Shen (Spirit) - are the basic components which make us "what we are". Although we cannot have an elevated strong spirit without sufficient Jing and Chi,

Shen or Spirit is the most important component of fighting success.

The Three Treasures are the necessary components for life. Kung Fu is a way of life. It is also about fighting. Real fighting has nothing to do with competition and pretty forms, etc. Real fighting must be understood as "to the end". It is vicious, merciless and usually over very quickly.

Without shen the spirit, there is no Jin, all training is useless, the Ten Foundations quickly disappear.

Shen or Spirit is the most important component for fighting success. Shen or Spirit is the most important component for fighting success.

Raatra
09-02-2003, 04:31 PM
How many times are you going to post the same thing? Isnt that called spamming? Isnt that bannable? I hope so.

CaptinPickAxe
09-02-2003, 04:33 PM
Hey, Fanboy, does "redundant" mean anything to you?

bobojoe02
09-02-2003, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by Raatra
How many times are you going to post the same thing? Isnt that called spamming? Isnt that bannable? I hope so.

Hey, RAT- TRAY,

How many times did it take you to get out of 3rd grade? That's the answer, keep trying to keep up with the basics of MA, but maybe 3rd grade is your speed, huh? Gotta grow up sometime, hey?

bobojoe02
09-02-2003, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by CaptinPickAxe
Hey, Fanboy, does "redundant" mean anything to you?

Hey, "Capin Pic Someone's Else aSs" JKD, SD girl, Who Axed you
to read this thread? Your SD girlfriend, shadow or shaolin-do-do?
Go away and read something that relates to you like "Enter the Dragon, or 'Karate Kid" or "Shaolin's High 5 Deadly Fingers" or "Shadow & shaolin-do, Does Dallas."

At least Gene Ching sees the value. He's a master, not some wannabe kid, get it?

Bye, now, and don't go away angry, just GO ASTRAY.

crazymaddrunk
09-02-2003, 05:15 PM
I'm beginning to think this is Gene Ching....naaahhhh, too stupid of a coward...

Laughing Cow
09-02-2003, 05:18 PM
More likely europeanboxer in a new guise.

I don't think it is a trained MA.

;)

CaptinPickAxe
09-02-2003, 05:23 PM
of course not...
too arogant

CaptinPickAxe
09-02-2003, 05:28 PM
BoboJoe, you swing from Gene Chings nuts...Learn a Martial Art.
Sees the value of what? You've never said what you train in.

YinYangDagger
09-02-2003, 08:07 PM
Hey Captin, that's an AWFUL visualization I have now. But I guess if one were to do it then it would be bobo...