PDA

View Full Version : Pavel's Martial Power video set

zen_celt
09-04-2003, 12:10 AM
Hey everybody. I was wondering if anyone out there has bought/seen Pavel Tsatsouline's Martial Power video on training the SWAT guys. It's a 10 video set (with 2 extra "bonus" videos for a total of 12) costing around $300 so I was wondering what the buyer feedback was before I committed to buying it. Any thoughts/comments?
-ZC

Ford Prefect
09-04-2003, 06:49 AM
I almost bought it myself until I learned a guy at my gym had it, so I borrowed it from him. It would have been the absolute biggest waste of money. IMO, this tape set marks where Pavel sold out and started his complete commercial approach. Get Power to the People, Beyond Stretching, and Bulletproof Abs. You now have 99% of the material covered in the Rapid Reponse tapes. The only information you'll miss is some plyometric drills which you can find plastering the web anywhere. You could even buy "Supertraining" by Mel Siff which covers plyo's in detail (along with every other strength/condition/diet subject for $50) and still have enough left over yo buy yourself a kettlebell and tape.

Don't get it.

Disclaimer: I like most of Pavel's stuff. This is a waste though.

IronFist
09-04-2003, 10:14 AM
^ That's what I've heard on his forum, too.

IronFist

zen_celt
09-04-2003, 09:12 PM
Thanks guys, that almost cost me a lot.
-ZC