PDA

View Full Version : Cung Le vs. Alex Gong

JWTAYLOR
04-09-2001, 08:47 PM
In the latest Edition of Black Belt the K-1 World Grand Prix 2001 Elimination lists Cung Le and Alex Gong as featuring in a Superfight. But it doesn't say it's Le vs. Gong. Anybody know if that's that's happening? Or are these two guys just in separate Superfights?

BTW, as much as I like Cung Le, my money is on Gong.
JWT

If you pr!ck us, do we not bleed? If you poison us, do we not die? And if you wrong us, shall we not revenge? If we are like you in the rest, we will resemble you in that the villany you teach me, I will execute, and it shall go hard but I will better the instruction. MOV

jjj
04-09-2001, 09:02 PM
I never seen K1, is it plain kickboxing? What are the rules?

I feel sorry for people who don't drink.
When they wake up in the morning,
that's as good as they're going to feel all day.
--Frank Sinatra

Kong Jianshen
04-10-2001, 04:00 AM
JWT I saw this too. I like them both very much but I would put my cash on Le if they fought. I don't think they are fighting but it would be a killer fight.

"Therefore I run in such a way, as not without aim; I box in such a way, as not beating the air; but I buffet my body and make it my slave, lest possibly, after I have preached to others, I myself should be disqualified."
I Corinthians 9:26-27

LEGEND
04-10-2001, 04:11 AM
CUNG will only fight if they allow throws under san shou rules...he won't fight the k-1 rules.

A

JWTAYLOR
04-10-2001, 05:15 PM
JJJ, basically kickboxing. Three minute rounds, punches and kicks. No chokes, submissions, throws.

Cung Le is fighting, and so is Gong, but they are not fighting each other. Cung Le has mentioned that he wanted to fight some higher publicized fights. So I guess he'll fight without the throws for this. Too bad, that scissor leg is suuweet.

JWT

If you pr!ck us, do we not bleed? If you poison us, do we not die? And if you wrong us, shall we not revenge? If we are like you in the rest, we will resemble you in that the villany you teach me, I will execute, and it shall go hard but I will better the instruction. MOV

qeySuS
04-10-2001, 05:28 PM
dont suppose i could see this scissor kick in action anywhere? I saw it in a GIF at KungFumagazine, but i mean as in a actual fight not a demonstration.

Free thinkers are dangerous.

ShaolinTiger00
04-10-2001, 07:26 PM
queSuS,

The kick is Cung's "bread and butter" trademark move and you can see it in practically every fight he is in.

Visit cungle.com, I'm sure you could get a video.

A strong man controls others. A man who controls himself is truly powerful. -Lao Tzu

Brett Again
04-10-2001, 07:47 PM
I saw an interview with Cung Le on TV the other night. He said he doesn't use the scissors kick unless he's way ahead on points because it is so risky. He only does it as a "crowd pleaser" if he's confident of his win.

"This is harder than it looks... and it looks impossible!"
-Chuckie Finster