PDA

View Full Version : Not endo, ecto or meso LOL

barryc108
09-04-2003, 08:54 PM
Hi Guys,
I was hoping for a bit of advice:

Im trying to get my BF% down.....

Im 22yo 6'2 about 86kgs, fairly solid up top (chest back biceps), and long skinny legs (LOL)
I jog 3x a week for about 30min plus kung fu training 3x a week.
I also do free weights once a week. (put muscle on pretty easily as well as fat :( )
I eat 5 smallish meals a day watch the fats and carbs etc.

Despite the above I am still a little chunky around the middle and just cant seem to shed it.

Im like a freaky mix between an endo and an ecto.....but I aint a meso. LOL

Any advice
Cheers.

Serpent
09-04-2003, 09:30 PM
If you don't want to change your diet, or if you're already really cutting out the fats and sugars then all you can do is up your cardio. Increase your run time, or increase your run intensity to improve EPOC, or do other things too like swimming, cycling, rowing, etc.

You'll only burn more fat by burning more calories if everything else stays the same. And some people will genetically hold more BF than others. Not everyone can be Bruce Lee and be healthy.

barryc108
09-04-2003, 10:20 PM
Thanks serpent.

To be more specific about my cardio i do 2x hiit sessions and one long 40min run a week.
Im a fairly decent distance runner so I go fairly hard.

I guess it comes down to being even stricter about my diet even though I am quite careful.

2 years ago I got up to close to 100kg, but have brought it down.
LOL I kept eating like a teenager, despite my metabolism slowing.

Serpent
09-04-2003, 10:45 PM
Sounds like you gain really easily too. You already eat a 5 meal split which is good - try to keep the volume of food down a bit and pick up the cardio if you can. Sounds like your cardio is already pretty full on though.

However, a few small tweaks here and there can trigger quite significant metabolic changes sometimes.

Good luck with it all.

Serpent
09-04-2003, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by barryc108
To be more specific about my cardio i do 2x hiit sessions and one long 40min run a week.
Im a fairly decent distance runner so I go fairly hard.

Just read this again. How about trying a change for a few weeks where you go to one HIIT session and 2 x long distance runs per week. Keep the pace up on the runs as high as you can. Might be the trigger you need.

JMHO - could be worth a try.

Ford Prefect
09-05-2003, 10:30 AM
I'd actually go the other way and just perform HIIT and sprint sessions. Also, be more careful about macro-nutrient intake. :)