PDA

View Full Version : Chi research

Xdr4g0nx
09-05-2003, 09:58 AM
Yo, i am doing some research on Chi. can yall help me by suggesting some good books to read on this subject? i would like books containg information on chi and not as much a "how to develop" book. but any book is fine. thanx in advance.

norther practitioner
09-05-2003, 10:14 AM
I think what you are looking for might be the first chapter of any good qigong, xing yi, taiji, or bagua (or any cma for that matter) book... Unless it tells you that you can change the weather using your qi, then don't read anymore of the crap.

:D

Shaolin-Do
09-05-2003, 10:15 AM
The Root of Chinese Qigong, by Dr. Yang Jwing-ming

norther practitioner
09-05-2003, 10:20 AM
I never got to finish that one, but that is sort of the book that I was thinking of when I was posting before :D

SD, you have like the whole YJM library don't you.

http://www.qi.org/

:D

Shaolin-Do
09-05-2003, 10:22 AM
Pretty much, that guy is my hero. :D
I could care less about who kicked who's ass in what ufc match, Dr. Yang knows his stuff, and I really like that he relates it all to science.

Repulsive Monkey
09-07-2003, 01:26 AM
A very good starting point which covers the history and theory of all uses of Qi would be "Understanding the power of Qi" by Michael Page.
It's a small book thats a big but subtle bang. It has a very nice insight and opinion of certain areas of Qi not usually covered in many books and is purely a book about Qi so it doesn't focus unevenly on any of the many qi-related areas too long.

A nice read.

chen zhen
09-07-2003, 01:43 AM
The Root of Chinese Qigong, by Dr. Yang Jwing-ming

What I would have said.
:)

The Willow Sword
09-07-2003, 12:26 PM
"The Essence of Chinese Qiqong" By. Dr Yang-Jwing Ming.
"The Muscle/tendon changing Marrow/Washing classics" By dr yang jwing ming.

These are better books in my opinion, Although Dr Yangs books are
wonderful and should be considered college textbooks for internal martial arts and CMA in general. Great sources of knowledge and understanding of the workings of the human body as described by the eastern way without all the spiritual mumbo jumbo.

Xdr4g0nx
09-07-2003, 02:18 PM
kewl just what i was looking for