PDA

View Full Version : Sex and Chi Part 2

IronFist
09-06-2003, 11:24 AM
Alright. Would someone be wasting their time doing standing post qigong or taiji if they're also having sex?

Are there rules about when to practice based on sex? For example, could you go have sex and then go do some qigong an hour later? Why or why not?

What if you finished your qigong and then had sex a few minutes later?

I heard if you do one too close to the other, it can damage your kidneys. True?

Finally, who has been actively doing qigong type stuff while also being sexually active (at least a few times a week), and how did it work? I think Glenn Morris said he awakend the kundalini while being very sexually active, so I'm not sure I believe all of this no sex during qigong stuff.

IronFist

Raatra
09-06-2003, 11:52 AM
I have been obsessing about this myself. In my search it seems that overall, if you are doing lower dantien chi gung and having sex, you are not only wasting your time but weakening the body. If you are practicing middle dantien (heart) chi gung and having sex, then you are fine and can still develop reasonable internal power. I know if i abstain from sex for more than a week or two, (i have an insatiable girlfriend lol) then i feel tremendous energy and find it easier to raise my energy when doing chi gung practices as opposed to when i try such practices when not abstaining.

Buddy
09-06-2003, 12:09 PM
Well I've been doing qigong and having sex for many years, just not together. If you have a moderate sex life and don't practice too soon after orgasming, you'll be fine particularly the younger you are. If you want to practice Taogong or some other alchemical practice it's best to refrain from a lot of ejaculation. Some practices require abstinence. It all comes down to what you want and what you are willing to do to get it.
Buddy

Kristoffer
09-06-2003, 12:13 PM
Where's the medical and scientific proof of these 'facts' then?

If you want to practice Taogong or some other alchemical practice it's best to refrain from a lot of ejaculation.

Oh really? :rolleyes:

Raatra
09-06-2003, 12:34 PM
Well considering science is just beginning to look at chi gung methods i wouldnt rely too much on what science has to say about it at this point. Rather id listen to the people who have actually been practicing it for their entire lives.

Kristoffer
09-06-2003, 02:20 PM
lol
Just because 'masters' do this their entire life time dun mean they know the answer to this question now do they?

Raatra
09-06-2003, 06:30 PM
Science will never be able to tell you why you think a painting is beautiful. But the artist who paints it can show you how to release the beauty in yourself. Thats how i see the "masters" as you call them. Science thinks it can measure the mysteries of life with a ruler and a scale, but rather it is only measuring the box it is creating around itself.

Kristoffer
09-07-2003, 07:00 AM
I think science can explain why we see something as beautiful (perception of reality, how the brain works in a chemical way etc) but I understand what you mean.
I hope there will be more serious research about chi. And I think that as our understanding will grow and our tools in science improves, we will someday know alot more than today.

Raatra
09-07-2003, 10:50 AM
i hope so too.

IronFist
09-07-2003, 11:05 AM
So if you're having sex you shouldn't be doing any standing qigong?

IronFist

Raatra
09-07-2003, 04:02 PM
Well something better be standing or you will have trouble with the sex part.

taijiquan_student
09-07-2003, 08:12 PM
You probably shouldn't have sex and then immediately stand in a horse stance for 30 minutes. But other than that, you should be fine. Just be sensible about it. Don't get crazy about it and have your girlfriend leave you cause you decided to be celibate, and just because you were afraid it would affect your standing qigong. It's not like you're a monk or anything. But also, having sex multiple times everyday (or even once everyday if you're doing some kind of very rigorous training, i.e. Bagua lower basin) probably wouldn't be the best thing for your practice.

[Censored]
09-08-2003, 12:41 PM
So if you're having sex you shouldn't be doing any standing qigong?

No, that's not correct. It depends on your own state.

Worst likely case, if you ignore all the advice you're given and train in whatever fashion pleases you...5 to 10 years from now you'll be in relatively poor health, Western doctors will explain it as "part of the natural aging process", and you'll still never have conclusive proof that you did anything wrong.

You'll turn into one of those sickly-looking clowns who periodically appear in the kung-fu magazines, swinging nunchucks around and writing articles for the "mature martial artist". :eek:

IronFist
09-08-2003, 10:56 PM
[Censored]

Worst likely case, if you ignore all the advice you're given and train in whatever fashion pleases you...5 to 10 years from now you'll be in relatively poor health, Western doctors will explain it as "part of the natural aging process", and you'll still never have conclusive proof that you did anything wrong.

Hmm. 5-10 years? That would suck. I'm only 22 now. So are there any, like, "generally accepted guidelines" for practice? On Wing Lam's Iron Body video it says "don't practice 24 hours before or after sex." But I'm not talking about hardcore Iron Body stuff, just regular standing qigong.

I'm just curious what the rules are... actually I'm wondering if it's possible to be 22 and have a girlfriend and still do qigong :D

IronFist

Brad
09-09-2003, 06:13 AM
Only rule I can think of is "moderation" :p

Kristoffer
09-10-2003, 12:59 PM
Since we're already on the subject... I must ask. Is it the same if you do a external MA? No nookie there to?

blooming lotus
09-10-2003, 01:58 PM
correct me if im wrong but doesnt it go something like like sex is less harmful to qigong practioners provided there is no attachment as it messes with your cultivation capabilty which in turn comprimises energy potency?

Wong Fei Hong
09-10-2003, 02:05 PM
I believe that unless you can feel the difference ejacuating does to you , do it in moderation. :D
I used to be able to ejaculate quite a few times a day until i got heavily into chi kung , the more chikung i used to do the less i could ejaculate to the point that if i did even once every couple of weeks i would feel to tired and sickly to do anything for the next 24 hours !!!

Golden Arms
09-10-2003, 04:14 PM
Agreed..it starts to have a much greater perceived effect..that is for sure the case in my personal experiences as well.

IronFist
09-10-2003, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by Wong Fei Hong
I believe that unless you can feel the difference ejacuating does to you , do it in moderation. :D
I used to be able to ejaculate quite a few times a day until i got heavily into chi kung , the more chikung i used to do the less i could ejaculate to the point that if i did even once every couple of weeks i would feel to tired and sickly to do anything for the next 24 hours !!!

Seriously? Screw this, then. I'd rather NOT become tired as hell from sex.

IronFist

Starchaser107
09-12-2003, 01:52 PM
Does diet make a difference?
are there any suppliments one could take to increase energy levels after depleted. perhaps even some meditative techniques to restore energy levels?

blooming lotus
09-12-2003, 03:48 PM
I dont know if this what your looking for but I used to be huge on supplemnts and recovery formulas but one of our mahor health manufacturors ****ed up big time and gave half the nation toxic poisoning ( myself included..seriously bad buzz - totalled for 6wks) . I used to not be so big on food but because of necceccisty,i am enjoying good fooded nutrition. The genereal rule is protein up to first hr post wkout then carb(complexc) up to 2.. I usually go for something like tofu and no-fat milk then add green tea and weet-bix or bok/pak green leafy carb with rice crackers. I find this is perfect for my recovery juice but keep in miind that different bodies and regimes require different amount and consistency of fuel. Play with it and dont be shy to experment - your body will tell you what its liking, lacking etc. hope that helped

Kristoffer
09-14-2003, 01:55 PM
I stay away from rice crackers. You'd be better of chewing air :D

Nexus
09-17-2003, 01:20 AM
Beyond a lot of the esoteric mumbo jumbo surrounding sexual cultivation, chi kung, and the act of sex, let me break it down for you.

Sex, in its raw form, is a biological act. Man and women have sex to produce babies. The p-enis goes into the v-agina, both are stimulated, the man ejaculates.. yes, you've seen the movie back in grade school and know the rest of the story.

So we might ask ourselves, what is this whole talk of chi, lower dantien, lesser heavenly circulation, greater heavenly circulation, three energy centers aligned, etc etc all about. Is Mantak Chia just making a bang for his buck on the gullability of people? Well yes, but thats not all there is to the story.

We as people look for additional fulfillment and continued enrichment in our lives. These sexual "bonuses" if you will, such as the internal and external energy practices can add, take away, intensify, detensify, enrich, etc the act of sexual intercourse. Will it necessarily make you happier? No. Will it absolutely make your sexual experience more fun and pleasurable? Nope. In the most honest way possible, I must inform you that how much you enjoy the act of sex and the bonuses you get out of it are based on your perceptions and beliefs. If you believe you will leave a sexual encounter more energized, you will most likely feel that way. If you believe ejaculation is draining your kidney jing and drawing you further away from the holy moly tofu taoist enlightenment, then by all means, dont ejaculate for heavens sake. But simply put, sex is sex, biologically speaking, and anything else is extra. Sometimes its just good enough to put on a cape, leap from the dresser, and land on your partner screaming "Up up and away" at the top of your lungs, but we'll leave fantasy in the bedroom for another forum.

- Nexus

Former castleva
09-17-2003, 04:28 PM
"I heard if you do one too close to the other, it can damage your kidneys. True?"

As before,no evidence."Evidence" predating any knowledge of physiology or medicine does not count.
I try&tell this,maybe someday one person less than today will be spilling misleading information all around the place (and our work will bear fruit).

"I hope there will be more serious research about chi. "

You cannot research something that is,in essence,non-falsifiable (again,consider that as an ad hoc hypothesis of the old,compare to present).
A person who will be able to "research chi" will earn at least one Nobel in,say,biophysics or physiology&medicine.