PDA

View Full Version : A huge loss to chinese martial arts

Xebsball
09-07-2003, 02:12 PM
Sadly i have to inform, on behalf of his friends and students, that Xing Yi teacher Marcello Teixeira passed away on the night of september 5th, after having convulsions while on the car with his wife.

I want to express our deepest condolences to his family.

Mr. Teixeira was truly doing great work on bringing back the chinese martial arts to a higher level through great efforts and researching the art of Xing Yi directly applied for combat. He will be highly missed, but never forgotten by any of us.

Thank you Marcello, rest in peace wherever you are,
Marcos R. Santos

For further contacts, please refer to the website and its email:
http://www.xingyitchuen.com.br/
contato@xingyitchuen.com.br

Chang Style Novice
09-07-2003, 02:13 PM
I'm terribly sorry to hear that. May he rest in peace.

FatherDog
09-07-2003, 02:19 PM
The loss of a dedicated teacher detracts from us all, no matter what art we study. Good wishes to his friends and family.

Stranger
09-07-2003, 02:22 PM
I was floored when I read that on Tadzio's website yesterday morning. I admired what he was doing, and I sincerely hope that what he started isn't lost. My condolences to his family, friends, and students.

Kristoffer
09-07-2003, 02:54 PM
........:(

Starchaser107
09-07-2003, 03:36 PM
my regards.
may he find peace in his passing

Serpent
09-07-2003, 05:45 PM
Very sad. As someone else said, the loss of any teacher is a loss for us all.

However, if it's not out of place to ask, what does this mean:

Marcello Teixeira passed away on the night of september 5th, after having convulsions while on the car with his wife.

Was it a car crash? I don't understand the sentence.

old jong
09-07-2003, 06:08 PM
He was certainly a great teacher and practitioner. A big loss for the CMA community.
My sympathies to his family and students.

Stranger
09-07-2003, 07:16 PM
Serpent,

Look over on the Tai Chi forum where I started a thread on this subject. Tadzio gives some more details.

SevenStar
09-07-2003, 07:19 PM
:(:(

Serpent
09-07-2003, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by Stranger
Serpent,

Look over on the Tai Chi forum where I started a thread on this subject. Tadzio gives some more details.

Thanks Stranger. From that thread:

Posted by Tadzio:
Marcello and his wife, Licia, were taking their daugter to see the Dentist. marcello sudenly bagan to have convulsions and was taken to a local Hospital ASAP. By the time they got there he was already dead. Doctors at the hospital tried to bring him back but it was too late.

This was told me by Marcello's wife herself. They are not sure of what heppened yet.
Although not famous, Marcello was very, very skilled. It's a great Loss.

What a terrible thing to happen to any family.

:(

Oso
09-08-2003, 04:32 AM
my condolances.

chen zhen
09-08-2003, 06:50 AM
:(
I've already given my condolences many times in the last days, but cant say it enough.

BentMonk
09-08-2003, 06:55 AM
May his spirit live on through the knowledge, and wisdom he shared with the world. As said above, the loss of a great teacher is felt by all. Prayers & Condolences to his Family, Friends, & Students.:(

SaekSan
09-08-2003, 07:56 AM
We had the same teacher. Even though the arts we learned were different and I never had met him I am shocked and very saddened. He was part Master Wu's martial family and was doing a fine job carrying his Xing Yi tradition.

The Zhong Yi Kung Fu Association sends it's deepest condolences to Marcello's family and the entire Cla Ma Hei Kao.

Sincerely,

Nelson Ferreira

Ray Pina
09-08-2003, 08:27 AM
Sorry to hear that. By the way, how old was he?