PDA

View Full Version : Do you guys use your wallbag like this?

IronFist
09-08-2003, 10:42 PM
Go here (http://ukwingchun.com/Wing_Chun_Kung_Fu_Video.htm) and scroll down to the Wallbag Training video and tell me if that's how you guys use your wallbag.

IronFist

kj
09-09-2003, 03:18 AM
Definitely not.
- kj

rubthebuddha
09-09-2003, 09:35 AM
well, this is a wing chun forum, so we have to comment on elbow position -- and the fact that they were not in, period. this may make the punches look faster, à la a speed bag for a boxer, but that doesn't make them better.

that, and the dude rocks back too darn much. if hitting a stationary back upsets his stability that much, what's going to happen when he goes up against a resisting opponent?

Jim Roselando
09-09-2003, 10:24 AM
Hello,

Interesting stuff. Perhaps a bit of proper Siu Lin Tau training will help his posture, positioning, root etc... Without those you will end up with nothing. Back to the basics time!

Regards,

IronFist
09-09-2003, 10:36 AM
Ok good, I was thinking that looked a bit strange.

Anyone have any footage of good wallbag usage?

IronFist

IronFist
09-09-2003, 10:38 AM
Their "workout" video, (the one below wallbag), looks like boxing to me.

Workout video (rtsp://www.ukwingchun.com/assets/videos/Workout-(RealVideo-DSL).rm) <--- if that link doesn't work, just go load it from the page I listed above.

What do you think?

IronFist

old jong
09-09-2003, 01:13 PM
It is not Wing Chun technique at all.

Whiplash
09-09-2003, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by EmptyCup
the breaking clip...interesting how ppl think the one inch ging means you have to start close then bring your hand back a FOOT's distance before hitting. Plus so much strength left in those elbows....

Heh, I noticed that too. Kind of negates the point of an inch-punch if you're going to pull back another 6 or so inches.

old jong
09-09-2003, 02:37 PM
This is in reality the "32 centimeters punch"!...;)

rubthebuddha
09-09-2003, 02:42 PM
sheesh. everyone knows a proper one-inch punch starts with the fist one inch away, then slowly scoots to the side as the elbow comes in to make a lan sau and you hit 'em with the nastiest elbow you can muster. ;)