PDA

View Full Version : On Negative Energy

Starchaser107
09-09-2003, 01:17 PM
How do you deal with negative energy directed towards you, in your lives. This negative energy for instance could come from conflicting ideas from others that you do not subascribe towards, or it could be that you are placed in a situation that you would rather not be in, maybe an arguement with a friend etc.. I think it might be best if i leave it as vague as possible without being too obscure.

I find that when I resist negative energy and put up a struggle , even if I win i feel depleted of my own energy. When I don't struggle and accept things I find that it compromises myself.

Has anyone found a way to deal with such things from either a martial arts point of view or a socio-political one, and otherwise if any

thoughts.

Starchaser107

Kristoffer
09-09-2003, 01:31 PM
It depends and varies from situation from situation obviously. But I like to take a pen n a paper and actually write down what is causing the negative energy. This helps to see what really is negative and what I over-exagerate in my head. (like if I'm havin an argument about a situation that turned out negative I might think that it have created bad blood between me and my friend when infact it's the situation that is the problem).

I try to stay possitive as much as I can. The first thing I do is I let all the frustration out on a tree or in training etc.. Then when I calm down I can focus better at the problem and write down what I need to do to solve the situation.

Kristoffer
09-09-2003, 01:48 PM
..Oh and do NOT drink any booze. Negativity + Booze = trouble. Atleast for me :D

Starchaser107
09-09-2003, 01:54 PM
write it down on paper.
neat , thats quite an original way , were u trained to do that or was it something u just picked up along the way?

Kristoffer
09-09-2003, 02:03 PM
I think it was just something I picked up by myself. When I had a problem of some sort and sat n cluttered on a paper. Then I just started writing down what I needed to do and from then I've noticed it works for me.

Starchaser107
09-09-2003, 02:06 PM
that's definately something I'm going to try out if needs be in the future. Didn't think of an "academic" approach per se, more intuitive, but sometimes the line is very fine.

Kristoffer
09-09-2003, 02:13 PM
mmm definatly. Like I said, different in all situations. Sometimes it might help more just to talk it through with someone you feel comfertable (sp?) with. In some situations you might realize the problem but can't 'accept' it... you know? So you'll need someone to open your eyes a bit

Kristoffer
09-09-2003, 02:14 PM
..hope this helps

Starchaser107
09-09-2003, 02:32 PM
i find everything helpful.
I welcome any perspective on this in regards to martial arts as well. I'm gonna post this on the qigong board and see what those guys have to say as well
thanks

yenhoi
09-09-2003, 02:52 PM
Before you get positive or negative energy:

find your 'center'

figure out yourself to the point that nothing is inherently 'wrong' with you anymore. this is from your point of view. if something is 'wrong' then fix it.

if something (positive or negative) isent aimed at your center, dont bother with it.

if something (positive or negative) is aimed at your center, accept it, or move.

Easy as pie.

:eek:

Starchaser107
09-09-2003, 06:42 PM
tnx as well
also a good perspective in my opinion