PDA

View Full Version : Wanna see a fight?

Laughing Cow
09-09-2003, 02:23 PM
Hi All.

Here is a nice altercation, wonder if wonderboy had any training.

Fight! (http://teamif.brake-down.net/beat.html)

Also looks like the fun started some time beforehand and we only get to see the tail-end.

Kristoffer
09-09-2003, 02:28 PM
Seen it before
it's whitey who starts it but he's the one who looses. Pathetic

Judge Pen
09-09-2003, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by Laughing Cow
wonder if wonderboy had any training.

[

I doubt it.

Chang Style Novice
09-09-2003, 02:37 PM
Surely you don't really call that little display a fight, do you?

old jong
09-09-2003, 02:39 PM
They must have a lot of training in being punks!...:rolleyes:

Laughing Cow
09-09-2003, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by Chang Style Novice
Surely you don't really call that little display a fight, do you?

Naah, I call it a display of stupidity and suicidal tendencies. :D

This is what happens when your mouth-fu and ego are bigger than your fighting skills.

Laughing Cow
09-09-2003, 02:41 PM
One guy posted this on another board as a proof why people should learn BJJ.
:rolleyes:

Chang Style Novice
09-09-2003, 02:42 PM
Yeah, you should know grappling because your opponent might punch you in the head like 20 times and still fail to get a KO.

Eat your spinach, Mr. Headwrap!

Kristoffer
09-09-2003, 02:49 PM
yeah those where some weak ass 'punches'

norther practitioner
09-09-2003, 02:55 PM
:rolleyes:

Merryprankster
09-09-2003, 03:01 PM
Actually, a little basic groundfighting knowledge would have come in handy there.

The fellow on the bottom looked exactly like what "trained" fighters who DON'T know the ground game look like on the bottom.

That said--a little basic training of any kind would have been useful.

norther practitioner
09-09-2003, 03:14 PM
After getting punched a few times like that, it is hard to get your wits about you unless you train. That being said, If I was the dude getting g and ped I would have tried to grab the dude in closer...

turbo76
09-09-2003, 03:30 PM
:)

truewrestler
09-09-2003, 03:50 PM
The guy would beat the **** out of most "martial artists", but no need to bring that topic up on a kung fu forum...lets just ignore. It looked just like some of the early UFC fights and we all know that's not real fighting because of all those rules.

Here are some good "fight" highlights: http://www.badbreed.tv/absolutenm/anmviewer.asp?a=230&z=11

Fred Sanford
09-09-2003, 03:56 PM
typical street fight. lots o' swinging, not too many solid hits. yea, I bet that dude woulda beat down most martial artists. armchair quarterbacking is a great thing.

those who say it wasn't a fight or put it down...how many fights you been in lately? I bet you looked like jet li. one hit knockouts and all.

rubthebuddha
09-09-2003, 04:02 PM
and the basic concept of "don't let another get your back, cause if you do, you're fugged."

Shaolin-Do
09-09-2003, 10:03 PM
Impressive they let them box it out. People round here are c*nts and jump people. Very hard to get a 1 on 1 fight.

Sloppy, but a fight. Ol dude in the hoody took a beating. No KO, but if you pay attention after he stands up from the kick to the face/throat/chest (fuzzy picture) he stands up then falls over a second later...

Another good reason to pull the shirt off before the fight :)
But maybe thats just a texas thing...

Shaolin-Do
09-09-2003, 10:06 PM
Does anyone have more links to street fight videos? I like to watch them, you learn more about what will most likely happen in a confrontation than watching UFC clips...
+ they are usually hella funnier.

Serpent
09-09-2003, 10:09 PM
Do you guys remember that vid where the white dude is facing up to the black dude, then the black dude steps back while his homies move in, then he swings in a huge sucker punch? At one point he does this flying kick to the boys chest and knocks him down and ends up knocking him out with a kick while he's down?

Remember that one? I think it was in Denmark or somewhere like that. There's a million lessons in that one from awareness to plain common sense.

Shaolin-Do
09-09-2003, 10:10 PM
Cant say Ive seen that one.
Captain hoody does an excellent job of stopping those punches with his face.

joedoe
09-09-2003, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by Serpent
Do you guys remember that vid where the white dude is facing up to the black dude, then the black dude steps back while his homies move in, then he swings in a huge sucker punch? At one point he does this flying kick to the boys chest and knocks him down and ends up knocking him out with a kick while he's down?

Remember that one? I think it was in Denmark or somewhere like that. There's a million lessons in that one from awareness to plain common sense.

I remember that one. Short, sharp and brutal. The white dude was an idiot.

Shaolin-Do
09-09-2003, 10:24 PM
A good majority of white people I know are intimidated by black people simply because they are black... but then again they didnt go to the east side with a ghetto little mofo named hot tub for pot in high school...
:eek:

Serpent
09-09-2003, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by joedoe

I remember that one. Short, sharp and brutal. The white dude was an idiot.

Yes he was!

Shaolin-Do
09-09-2003, 10:31 PM
Thats another thing Id like to start keeping track of if I can get some good street fight vids... How many of them are majoritively one sided.

tnwingtsun
09-09-2003, 10:36 PM
"A good majority of white people I know are intimidated by black people simply because they are black.."

Sounds like you know alot of dumb white people.

Shaolin-Do
09-09-2003, 10:40 PM
I know a lot of dumb people.
But yeah, I think its kinda funny actually... Just kinda shows ignorance.

IronFist
09-09-2003, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by tnwingtsun
"A good majority of white people I know are intimidated by black people simply because they are black.."

Sounds like you know alot of dumb white people.

It depends on what you were exposed to in the past.

IronFist

Shaolin-Do
09-09-2003, 10:59 PM
That too... but most of the ghetto ass people I know in general are pretty cool... Easier to get along with than most rich ass stuck up preppy kids IMHO.

The Willow Sword
09-09-2003, 11:12 PM
what they were doing and the ONLY reason why the black dude was able to overcome the white dude was because he seemed to have more rage in him. both looked like they were angry kids, but he had more energy and all that rage. now it was said that the white kid started the fight? was it racially motivated? what?

SO was it a fight? yes
Was it a good fight? NO
Are there any "Good" fights? NO(in my opinion)

TWS

Shaolin-Do
09-09-2003, 11:17 PM
/fish slapping dance

Raatra
09-09-2003, 11:18 PM
I bet the black dude broke his hand if not his wrist as well. He landed a ton of punches to the white kid's skull.

mysteri
09-09-2003, 11:26 PM
o good stuff, good stuff! i like to watch funny video's like this b/c it does bring up a good point someone eluded to earlier, trainin...

whether ur a good western boxer, thai boxer, chinese boxer, college freestyle wrestler, BJJ practioner, etc... if u train properly, it will better prepare u to react to somethin like that(and yes i speak from experience on both sides of the spectrum). i would have to agree w/ truewrestler that the black guy woulda prolly taken out over 50% of the general MA community, however, i would attribute that to the fact that most people don't train for a "fight" like that, not b/c they don't have any grapplin skills.

quite honestly, that coulda been over before they hit the ground(and then got back up :) ) had one person had good enough timin(and not been so stupid to be so close) as the white dude gave the big obvious haymaker from a mile away. a well-timed, rooted, powerful and quick onslaught woulda done that, but since most don't train like that, situations like these continue to prove that MOST people don't train to fight! (tsk-tsk)

ATTN KFO: yes, i am a light-skinned black guy! :eek: i'm finally comin outa the closet... so yes, i do get a bit amused when i'm walkin through a mall and caucasion people grip their belongings tight around me, or pull their child to walk on the other side of the walkway, or any other ambiguous responses caused by a fear triggered by stereotype.. but hey, IT HAPPENS! however, this is hardly the place to discuss stuff like this.. plus i jus think of it more like, who cares?? and i continue to move on as i do every day..

Shaolin-Do
09-09-2003, 11:38 PM
I used to get similar reactions when I had dreadlocks.
:eek:
Im goin to bed.
Peace.

mysteri
09-09-2003, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by Raatra
I bet the black dude broke his hand if not his wrist as well. He landed a ton of punches to the white kid's skull.

ur right, cuz noone TOLD him that the skull is the worst place to strike someone barehanded and he apparently never TRAINED that seriously. the average person doesn't even know how to throw a single proper punch w/o injure the hand/wrist/eblow/shoulder, much less utilize the waiste, hip, body, root(no internals here yet). how many true MA's actually even condition they're weapons and the structure that supports them? lack of conditionin will also leave u on ur @$$ if not trained properly. honestly, no more than 2-3 well-rooted, -placed,-time and rapid strikes(includin, kicks, knees, elbows) shoulda done the trick. if anyone can stand after i give them a few solid hits like that(and i ain't talkin some pu$$y-@$$ strikes!), then i revert back to the most basic thing i learned as a novice-to have fast feet to run! :D (maybe this kid should tried that first)

turbo76
09-10-2003, 12:21 PM

CaptinPickAxe
09-10-2003, 12:26 PM
That video displays the reason for Iron Palm and wrist conditioning. That fool hit him and kicked him and didn't even break skin...pathetic

Kristoffer
09-10-2003, 01:03 PM
yes

Kristoffer
09-10-2003, 01:20 PM
very

themeecer
09-10-2003, 02:26 PM
I remember seeing a fight clip years ago between a group of five or six against one. I assume it was halloween because the gang was dressed up as skeletons and they jumped this guy dressed as a shower or something. They beat him good. Towards the end of the fight they had to hold him up to keep beating him. Well some asian dude jumped in at the last minute and stopped the fight though. I think that guy used to be an extra on Lavern and Shirley or Happy Days years ago. :D

Kristoffer
09-10-2003, 02:31 PM
wow

rubthebuddha
09-10-2003, 02:48 PM
someone's padding his post count.

Shaolin-Do
09-10-2003, 02:52 PM
Padding it makes it oh so soft and cushy though.
Like downey freshness.

SevenStar
09-10-2003, 08:57 PM
Someone posted this clip almost a year ago - it's of RD and I at the last SC seminar. I'll try to find the thread.

Kristoffer
09-11-2003, 03:41 AM
sorry, was just really bored :D

Ray Pina
09-11-2003, 07:25 AM
Not a fight? How many would be running home to post about the "fight" they just got in and how their skills saved their a$$ if it had been them?

Truewrestler, if you think a MA couldn't have cleaned that up real quick you have to start choosing better sparring partners ... no control, no power, no technique. What makes you say that? That he was black and wearing a dew rag? That guy was a skinny little $hit who went on a punching spree. He overwhelmed his apponant. Did a good job of keeping the pressure on, but come on.

That guy could maybe beat a form practicing hobbyist, but I don't consider them "martial artists."

Goes to class to socialize, be involved in asian culture, tell friends he does kung fu: hobbyist.

Trains, pounds it out, trades lots of blows; thinks that doing it harder and faster is the key: fighter

Has gained experince, refined his/her technique, and realise that mechanics and connections are the source of power, and continues to delve into that: martial artist.

truewrestler
09-11-2003, 06:54 PM
I'm sorry I didn't clarify.... when I put quotes around a word or phrase it usually translates to 'so called...'