PDA

View Full Version : Knee injuries??

Laughing Cow
09-09-2003, 10:48 PM
Hi all.

Many of us know the story of bad knees, I felt it during at my first TJQ school and haven't felt it since joining the new school.

So what has changed, besides stances and the teacher.

Our warmup routine has changed , we got 2 exercises to which I attribute this improvements. Many might know them some might not.

I will try to do my best to describe them (not good at that).

Exercise 1:
Go into a " Calf/Achilles Stretch " put your hands on your knee. Straight back is prefered.

Now start rotating the knee counter clockwise, front foot remains flat on the floor. Do for about 10~15 seconds repeat in opposite direction.

Same repeat for other leg.

Exercise 2:

Stand in natural stance(feet shoulder widthapart), put your hands on knees.

Start rotating the knees towards the outside. Do for 15 seconds repeat on opposite direction.
Feet should remain as flat as possible on the floor, this might mean smaller circles.

Let me know if it did anything for your knees.

Shaolin-Do
09-09-2003, 10:51 PM
We do those in Shaui Chiao :)
More than anything actually, I think my knee problems came from improperly stretching.
Id leave my knees straight while doing forward leg stretches, and while doing side leg stretches... (spread legs and lean to sides)
Once I started putting a slight bend in the knees to move the stretch from behind the knee to the hamstrings, my knee quit f*cking up.