PDA

View Full Version : Rene I disagree!-----round horse kick

Phenix
09-11-2003, 08:31 AM
And note, I believe ..... is a TKD kicker, not a Kyukoshin or Thai kicker, and the photograph is showing a response to that type of kick, which may well be different from what a response to a Kyokoshin or Thai kick would be.---Rene.

Rene,

Sorry I disagree big time.

if it is this way, then the art one practices is a limited art. meaning, it will not work when one changes the kick slightly or even by accident the kick was changed. as it usualy happen.

a round horse is a round horse?, what if one meet Benny The Jet or Bill Wallace, and what if one has no idea who is Jet and Wallace? so the technics doesnt work?

if memory serve, Mas Oyama teaches us in kyokushin: bottom line is---- leg is about 6 x more powerfull then hand, and...... one's head cannot efford to take an accident kick.....

and if i am not wrong, i have heard, Yip man use to say Tofu Head or Glass head?

and how many changes one has to deal with in a single kick when fighting Qing general?

I trust MasOyama and Yip Man and Jet..... The northen kicks are very agile...

using Fut sau to defence round house kick create two opening for devastrated blow-----lots and lots lost and knock out in Thai Land

reneritchie
09-11-2003, 08:50 AM
A jab is not a straight right, same a some TKD round houses aren't the same as Kenpo or MT or Kyokushin or other arts.

Some kicks chamber straight, then pivot to change the angle at the last moment. They sacrifice some power for some flexibility and less telegraphing. Some kicks chamber sideways. Some kicks don't chamber at all. Some kicks snap like a whip, some pound like a hammer. Some focus connection on the ball of the foot, some on the top of the foot, some on the shin. Some kicks have developed to flourish under point sparring rules, some under full contact ring fights, some in street fights.

As WCK is not a technical art, there probably isn't one technical response that need be used for every kick that ends up coming around towards the head. Rather, context becomes key, and the concepts turn the key.

In other words, I would likely end up having a different response to Joe WTF than I would to Mirko Cro Cop or Ernesto Hoost...

Phenix
09-11-2003, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by reneritchie

As WCK is not a technical art, there probably isn't one technical response that need be used for every kick that ends up coming around towards the head. Rather, context becomes key, and the concepts turn the key.

Rene,

True. no one technic is the best.

however, there is bottom line if one didn't cover not getting hurt is less likely.

yuanfen
09-11-2003, 02:58 PM
Hendrik sez:
if memory serve, Mas Oyama teaches us in kyokushin: bottom line is---- leg is about 6 x more powerfull then hand, and...... one's head cannot efford to take an accident kick.....
--------------------------------------------
True.
Specially if you allow the kick to get extension and power close to the head.
Be careful.

But pics are just pics.

Phenix
09-11-2003, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by yuanfen
Hendrik sez:
--------------------------------------------
True.
Specially if you allow the kick to get extension and power close to the head.
Be careful.

But pics are just pics.

Agree.

However, Mas Oyama fight real bull :D
and certainly we don't have to always agree with Oyama. and I believe in otherwise is also respected.

But, never the less, Mas got my respect. Kyokushin's discipline in training and no protection gear sparing do produce no non sense show business kyokushin fighters. I still remember to get a Brow belt one has to spare with 20 different people from green belt to 2 dan black blet. each one minute..... that was when I am just in high school.

Quality control and push to the ultimate in high risk means Kyokushin if I remember. kill with a single punch. I still remember that motto.
so, it doesn't matter it is called chi sau or re define Kiu sau.. sixteen or thirty six or twelve.... if one cannot take the kick or punch. that's it. and that's a part of reality wck has to face in the martial art arena. Don't blind ourself about the competitors.

Joy, how is Yip Man put it? Glass head and tofu stomach? GM Yip knows what he is talking about. Thus, I respect him as much as Oyama.

anerlich
09-11-2003, 08:40 PM
If I had a round horse, I'd train him to sit on people rather than kick them. Much less effort for a fat stallion.