PDA

View Full Version : Bio-Organic Field Theory

reneritchie
09-12-2003, 12:00 PM
On my way home from training last night, I was listening to CBC radio. They were interviewing a British biologist who's exploring 9-11D (8-10 space + 1 time) bio-organic field theory. They gave background on magnetic field theory, gravitational field theory, and quantum field theory. They focused on the latter specifically due to 'spooky' behavior you can find in quantum mechics, and recent experiments such as quantum teleportation and cryptography using entaglement of sundered particles.

The gentleman speaking gave his backrgound in biology, and then went on to discuss his work which proposes that bio-organism behave under their own form of field theory, and that this accounts for some types of herd or flock behavior, and for phenomena such as 'feeling' when you're being stared at, or deja-view, or esp, etc. His book focuses on the more mundane 'feeling' of being stared at, and claims the 9-11D mathematical models can be used for it.

Kind of wonky, but I thought it was interesting as well in terms of Asian Qi/Chi/Ki ideas, since modern science is, in some ways, entering areas previously thought to be ancient mysticism.

old jong
09-12-2003, 07:23 PM
I think it would be great if science would bring proofs about senses that are not in the counscious realm and forces that are from other domains of the physical state.

Knowledge is always better than mysticism....
unless we don't fall in the dark side!.... ;)

kj
09-13-2003, 04:31 AM
Originally posted by reneritchie
On my way home from training last night, I was listening to CBC radio. They were interviewing a British biologist who's exploring 9-11D (8-10 space + 1 time) bio-organic field theory.

<snipped etc.>

Interesting stuff. Do you by chance recall the biologist's name?

Regards,
- Kathy Jo

Phenix
09-13-2003, 09:20 AM
Hi Rene,

I told you so :D hahahaha

Chan is more then 3 dimetions... hahahaha

PaulH
09-13-2003, 03:45 PM
Rene,

I think science like bio organic field may be useful in predicting general overall patterns or characteristics but it is very limited. It will not be able to determine what the future will turn out in each case. A friend of mine who is really into statistical analysis once wrote:

"In principle it has been said that a butterfly beating its wings could cause small motions in the air that might build up and lead to a major storm in another part of the world. It wouldn't happen every time with every butterfly, but the possibility is there. Big changes can start with small beginnings. The scientific name for this is the Butterfly Effect. It is an important part of a major discipline of science and mathematics called "chaos theory."

Chaos theory does not mean that all scientific laws are unreliable. It does not mean that science is random and has no regularity to it. It simply means that very small changes in initial conditions can lead to tremendous variations later on. As a result, the future can be difficult to predict, even with the best of intentions, because no one can know what implications lurk in the tiny details of the present..."

What does it lead me to? The fact is one simply does not know which small decision will lead to large consequences and which will amount to nothing. It's a wonderful world of endless possibilities.

Regards,

aelward
09-13-2003, 03:57 PM
RR writes:
> Kind of wonky, but I thought it was interesting as well in terms
> of Asian Qi/Chi/Ki ideas, since modern science is, in some ways,
> entering areas previously thought to be ancient mysticism.

They have been doing a lot of experiments in China and it has been shown that acupuncture points have high concentrations of ions.

ZIM
09-13-2003, 04:18 PM
Seems as if there is a convergence going on within the field of biology, in that Pierre-Paul Grasse [a French biologist] seems to be working within the same or related area.

His: Stigmergy. It refers to the strategy followed by some animals of communicating in a way intermediated by the environment. The canonical example is how ants communicate; not by directly waving their antennae at each other, but by leaving a trail of pheromones in the environment. Other ants, finding those molecules, gain information about what the other ants are doing.

Another: say you have a solitary ant that is walking on a beach. The ant's path might be quite complex, but the complexity of the path is not necessarily a reflection of the complexity of the ant. Rather, it might reflect the complexity of the beach. The point: don't underestimate the role of the environment in influencing and constraining behavior & communication.

And a last: Traffic jams, examined as a large, artificial beast, with its own characteristics & criteria for life/death/etc.

This area, anyhow, is being looked at for applied connectivity/ distributed networking purposes. Microsoft is interested in intelligent swarm technology.. :o

Ephemerality is underated. ;) Still, i'd like to know who the British biologist is, as well.

yuanfen
09-13-2003, 04:58 PM
Rene- Interesting "research" and "reflection"area.
Complexities because of problematic models and also problematic validation. Science versus scientism can plague east or west.
Early astronomy is still valid but incomplete- but also led to astrology. Newton also hada an alchemy side of thinking about manufacturing gold.
Eastern concepts of the self often involve interpersonal connections... and field theory comes naturally....though it can have a hokey side. In the west some thinkers specially Locke and kant and leibniz have (imo-unfortunately)contributed to individual atomism.
William James (Varieties of Religious Experience) was a big exception.
FWIW for myself any way- I dont wait for scientific validation to know and draw the behavioral imolications -that love exists, that there can be wordless and touchless communication in several areas of life.
BTW Chaos theory is also well known in Asian philosophy.
At top levels of very skillful arts- the master can know the intention of the other before the other knows it.

ZIM
09-13-2003, 05:34 PM
Ah! (http://unisci.com/stories/20022/0516026.htm)

PaulH
09-13-2003, 06:01 PM
Very interesting, Zim! I find there is even more complexity in the simplest thing like a cell.

"On a surface of the cell we would see millinons of openings, like the port holes of a vast space ship, opening and closing to allow a continual stream of materials to flow in and out. If we were to enter one of these openings we would find ourselves in a world of supreme technology and bewildering complexity. We would see endless highly organized corridors and conduits branching in every direction away from the perimeter of the cell, some leading to the central memory bank in the nucleus and others to assembly plants and processing units. The nucleus itself would be a vast spherical chamber more than a kilometer in diameter, resembling a geodesic dome inside of which we would see, all neatly stacked together in ordered arrays, the miles of coiled chanins of the DNA molecules. A huge range of products and raw materials would shuttle along all the manifold conduits in a highly ordered fashion to and from all the various assembly plants in the outer regions of the cell..."

Strangely I find myself draw more closer to the conclusion that SLT may indeed that defining cell of the mystical WC creature. Ha! Ha!

Regards,

ZIM
09-13-2003, 06:28 PM
Strangely I find myself draw more closer to the conclusion that SLT may indeed that defining cell of the mystical WC creature. Ha! Ha! Wouldn't really know, myself. :) But, if you like simplicity/complexity, try Wolfram. (http://www.stephenwolfram.com/publications/articles/ca/88-complex/2/text.html) Not sure where your quote came from?

on edit: Mr. McFadden was kind enough to provide his original chapter on cemi-fields on the net. (http://www.surrey.ac.uk/qe/QE13.htm)

Well, that's enough digging for today! :)

PaulH
09-13-2003, 11:33 PM
Zim,

My apology for the late reply as I just got back home now. I quote hastily previously from a biology book written by Michael Denton, a well-known molecular biologist. I don't know if he publishes his works on the internet. Here is the rest of his description of the incredible complex cell:

" We would wonder at the level of control implicit in the movement of so many objects down so many seemingly endless conduits, all in perfect unison. We would see all around us, in every direction we looked, all sorts of robot-like machines. We would notice that the simplest of the functional components of the cell, the protein molecules, were astonishingly, complex pieces of molecular machinery, each one consisting of about three thousand atoms arranged in highly organized 3-D spatial conformation. We would wonder even more as we watched the strangely purposeful activities of these weird molecular machines, particularly when we realized that, despite all our accumulated knowledge of physics and chemistry, the task of designing one such molecular machine - that is one single functional protein molecule- would be completely beyond our capacity at present...Yet the life of the cell depends on the integrated activities of thousands, certainly tens, and probably hundreds of thousands of different protein molecules.

We would see that nearly every feature of our own advanced machines had its analogue in the cell: artificial languages and their decoding machines, memory banks for information storage and retrieval, elegant control systems regulating the automated assembly of parts and components, error fail-safe and proof-reading devices utilized for quality control, assembly process involving the principle of prefabrication and molecular construction...

What we would be witnessing would be an object resembling an immense automated factory, a factory larger than a city and carrying out almost as many unique functions as all the manufacturing activities of man on earth. However, it would be a factory which would have one capacity not equalled in any of our own most advanced machines, for it would be capable of replicating its entire structure within a matter of a few hours. To witness such an act at a magnification of one thousand million times would be an awe-inspiring spectacle."

Well, that's enough typing for today! Inspired by Hendrik!

Regards,

old jong
09-14-2003, 08:14 AM
Originally posted by ZIM
Ah! (http://unisci.com/stories/20022/0516026.htm)
I have the feeling that science will pierce the mysteries of the nature of the soul/spirit/whatever and even death himself some day. Knowledge about the true meaning of life and the laws of the multiple universes we live in will replace the old religions.
That will be cool!...;) ;) ;)

yuanfen
09-14-2003, 09:33 AM
Wishfull thinking old jong--- science and scientism can have a dialectical dance- they often have.

Strange things have been done to human beings in the name of science.

And Shockley-the transistor genius has preserved his sperm to replace some of us children of lesser gods

You can have a scientist as a dogmatist- with a slight shift in focus or specialty.

The task of reason is never ending.

kj
09-14-2003, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by old jong

I have the feeling that science will pierce the mysteries of the nature of the soul/spirit/whatever and even death himself some day. Knowledge about the true meaning of life and the laws of the multiple universes we live in will replace the old religions.
That will be cool!...;) ;) ;)

Science, as we know it, and its interpretations are in the purview of humankind. Despite our best efforts, even in science we cannot be wholly free from our human biases, limitations, and failings.

I have far less faith in humans to resolve that one with precision and accuracy, Old Jong.

Regards,
- Kathy Jo

kj
09-14-2003, 11:16 AM
Well put, Yuanfen.
- kj

old jong
09-14-2003, 04:28 PM
I'm not advocating scientology or some kind of matrix. I know "scientists" have done some pretty awful things but also some of the best things we know. A more appropriate word would be simply "knowledge" .No dogma, just knowing.That's all.
No more fake gurus,sects,false prophets and other kinds of parasites who lives on the credulity of poor people.
Wishfull thinking?...Sure !...For now but,who knows in some future?...;)