View Full Version : Bruce Lee sparring clip

chen zhen
09-13-2003, 03:14 AM
http://homepage.mac.com/stevefarrell/images/bruce_lee_sparring.mpg

lee is the one doing the takedowns.
opinions?

Kristoffer
09-13-2003, 11:01 AM
that's cool. Before that, contact sparring was nowhere to be found in the western world's martial arts right?

chen zhen
09-13-2003, 02:07 PM
Boxing? wrestling? etc.
think about it.

He had fast kicks and footwork, but he was too much of a show-off.

Kristoffer
09-13-2003, 02:26 PM
before him the martial artists just looked down on western methods. After that most traditional MA took after him I guess.

I don't really care about Bruce Lee or his methods except I like his movies :)

hongkongfooey
09-26-2003, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by chen zhen
Boxing? wrestling? etc.
think about it.

He had fast kicks and footwork, but he was too much of a show-off.

he was a show- off only in the movies....i've ne ver seen any of his real fights so i don't know....:confused: lol

chen zhen
09-26-2003, 04:45 PM
I mean that boxing & wrestling had sparring.

Ikken Hisatsu
09-26-2003, 09:25 PM
Dont know about him being a show off. He only made those noises for the movies, when he was in a serious fight he was apparently completely silent. and he refused to do those cart wheel kicks like in enter the dragon when O hara grabs his leg, because they are so ridiculous, they had to get other people to do those scenes. Although he was definitely an extrovert, but when you have that kind of talent, why the hell not? no point being really good at something and keeping it all to yourself.

chen zhen
09-27-2003, 01:23 AM
Comment: I think its pretty obvious that he DID NOT do those sounds in real life. It shouldnt be necessary to say.
:rolleyes:

Kristoffer
09-27-2003, 07:11 AM
HOOOOooooooOOOoooAAAAAaaa!!!!!

norther practitioner
10-22-2003, 02:42 PM
WAaaaaaaaaaaaaaa /jump side kick into room/

I've never seen those clips... they could be john doe vs. Ricky lake for all I can make of the faces.. some ok stuff, doesn't really catch my eye right now though.

GunnedDownAtrocity
10-29-2003, 11:01 AM
i thought it was a whole hell of a lot better than the other one i seen.