PDA

View Full Version : How did you feel after your first qigong

IronFist
09-13-2003, 11:46 AM
Like the first week or so you were doing qigong...

Post your experiences.

IronFist

dezhen2001
09-13-2003, 01:59 PM
calm, relaxed and happy.

Dont worry what you feel or dont feel - as long as its not anything bad of course. Just keep practising and getting better :)

dawood

IronFist
09-13-2003, 05:57 PM
I noticed two main things:

1. My front shoulder muscles (anterior delts) get sore as hell from holding my hands up for 10 minutes. When I bring them down for the last 5 minutes it feels sooooooooooo much better.

2. My pupils were diated for like 15 minutes afterward. My eyes were open while I was practicing. Is that normal?

IronFist

bodhitree
09-18-2003, 06:23 AM
w did you feel after your first qigong

like the first time I hit a crack pipe!;)

Cheese Dog
09-18-2003, 08:52 PM
Yeah, calm and relaxed. Also felt alot of tingling, especially in the hands.:)

Hey Dezhen, where ya been? Haven't seen a post from you for awhile.
Hope all is well...

trilobite
10-17-2003, 03:51 PM
When I do qigong I tend to look like an old guy with parkinson's. That and my hands get all tingly. Tai Chi Ch'uan has really helped my qigong though. I REALLY like the internal arts.

BAI HE
10-17-2003, 04:13 PM
I felt very calm focused and energized. My feet were also burning up. I fely absolutely great, just all there and all together.

I now feel that when I do seated meditation or stake standing that that feeling just kicks in a lot faster than when i started
out. I can just slip in, my mind doesn't "chatter" at me anymore. It's like "We're going to get our posture and just nail it."
It's such a great stress buster. I plug in drop my strength and just become a big antenna aligned with gravity.

I get the same reasult after working on my Palm changes. The feeling is not as apparent during the exercise, but when I finish up and warm down, I feel like a live wire. It also tends to supress my appetite the exact opposite of Xingyi. After working the five element fists I would eat my own shoe.