PDA

View Full Version : DeLahoya vs Mosley

Starchaser107
09-13-2003, 06:22 PM
is on in about 40 minutes. i wonder who will win. i've heard people say delahoya has the upper hand. i guess we shall see.

Starchaser107
09-13-2003, 09:18 PM
well mosley wins ,
i thought it was a pretty even fight up to round 12
personally, i'd have called it a draw but
whatever the outcome would have been would have been good enough for me

peace

Kristoffer
09-14-2003, 01:50 PM
I like hoya better :)

norther practitioner
09-14-2003, 02:27 PM
I thought DeLaHoya controlled the fight even though he lost.. which I don't agree with... lol at Foreman breaking out the conspiracy theory.

Starchaser107
09-14-2003, 02:48 PM
i think they should have gone on a few more rounds, looks like they could have.
boxing should have sudden death overtime in a situation like this.

norther practitioner
09-14-2003, 03:04 PM
Yeah, the punch numbers put up by DLH were rediculous compared to Mosley, both looked like they had a little steam left too.

Kristoffer
09-14-2003, 03:08 PM
Boxing should get new rules. Just to make it fun again

Barenuckle fights would be a blast to watch

Vash
09-14-2003, 05:35 PM
Boxing, though fun as hell to watch, is about the most corrupt . . . thing on the planet. Should scrap the different f*cking organizations and let the k-1 peeps handle it :rolleyes: :eek: :D

I like Oscar, but Moseley is a **** good fighter. Sequel's gonna kick ass.

Remember when boxing was real? :rolleyes:

Starchaser107
09-14-2003, 05:41 PM
also,
the commentators kept insisting that the action was good.

I'd like to say that I expected a bit more from this fight.
neither were fighting as if they really wanted it, they were very civil and thier attitudes were commendable. However it might have suited thier self interests if both were more @sshole-ish

Kristoffer
09-15-2003, 04:54 AM
boxing commentators are usually pretty bad

norther practitioner
09-15-2003, 12:13 PM
Both these guys no each others power....

So they had to play a little more chess match ish..

I still would have liked to see Mosley's face on the canvas.

Abstract
09-24-2003, 08:18 PM
they have different styles, but i think both are great fighters

however, after watching replay of the fight after hearing about it all week, IMHO, it was a tough fight to score. I think De La Hoya pretty much controlled the tempo for 9 out of 12 rounds, and should've won...

he used Mosley for target practice. Mosley let off the harder punches which obviously shook De La Hoya a lil'...but not enough to knock him down.

I think based on DLH weathering really hard shots by Mosley, and STILL controlling the tempo while rediculously out punching him, that the win should've gone to DLH hands down. he made Mosley fight a De La Hoya fight, and not vice versa.

DLH got robbed.

Starchaser107
09-24-2003, 08:49 PM
I would like to watch it again , taking everything into consideration this time. according to the stats , dlh got robbed.
a shame.

TonyM.
09-26-2003, 08:33 AM
I still miss 15 round championship fights. Perhaps this fight would have been a good choice for one. It was win/win for me because I like both fighters.