PDA

View Full Version : Bagua (or others) in Los Angeles?

KinCross
09-15-2003, 10:37 PM
Hello, I've recently moved to Los Angeles and am looking to restart my martial arts training.

Before leaving my last city of residence, I was inclined toward taking up Bagua, which my new roommate is also interested in trying. Can anyone recommend Bagua teachers or schools in the Los Angeles area?

For the sake of completeness, what other instructors are highly recommended in the area, teaching other styles?

count
09-16-2003, 06:48 AM
Jason Tsou
Su Dong Cheng
Jiang Hao Quan
Wang Xiang Xi (sp?)
Tim Cartmell
Daniel Wang
John Adams
Marvin Quan
Jason Tsou
Some other private study groups (e-mail or PM me only if you are serious)
I can name a dozen more you might be interested in, but than, I don't know you. Do I? Should be obvious why I listed Jason Tsou twice
;)
BTW, Jason also teaches Long Fist, Praying Mantis, Baji, Piqua, Hsing-I, Tai Chi Chuan, and Shuai Chiao.

Judge Pen
09-16-2003, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by count
Jason Tsou
Su Dong Cheng
Jiang Hao Quan
Wang Xiang Xi (sp?)
Tim Cartmell
Daniel Wang
John Adams
Marvin Quan
Jason Tsou
Some other private study groups (e-mail or PM me only if you are serious)
I can name a dozen more you might be interested in, but than, I don't know you. Do I? Should be obvious why I listed Jason Tsou twice
;)
BTW, Jason also teaches Long Fist, Praying Mantis, Baji, Piqua, Hsing-I, Tai Chi Chuan, and Shuai Chiao.

Jason is a well rounded martial artist. Did he learn all from one teacher or from several teachers?

count
09-16-2003, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by Judge Pen
Jason is a well rounded martial artist. Did he learn all from one teacher or from several teachers?
Jason's teachers were
Yang Tai Chi, Wu Ti-Pang and Yang Bao-Chien
Chen Tai Ch, Du Yu-Tse
Hsing I, Chang Yee-Cheng
Long Fist, Adam Hsu
7* and 8 Step Mantis and Wu Tai Chi, Su Yu Chang
Shuai Chiao, Chang Dong Cheng
Bagua, Baji, and Piqua, Liu Yun Chaio
Various Chi Kung
Jason has been learning and teaching martial arts for 50 of his 55 years. He's still learning (aren't we all?)

Judge Pen
09-16-2003, 12:26 PM
That's very impressive. Was he ever a teacher of yours? Does his school have a website so I can read more about his training?

count
09-16-2003, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by Judge Pen
That's very impressive. Was he ever a teacher of yours? Does his school have a website so I can read more about his training?
I've been training with Jason since 1983. The Chi Kung International link below will give you more info, but I don't have much time to keep it up to date so there isn't much.

Judge Pen
09-16-2003, 12:45 PM
Count.

I don't think you and I have posted to each other much, so forgive me for my ignorance of you and your training. And thank you for your indulgence.

JP