PDA

View Full Version : Back pain ('fixed'!)

AhBenG
09-16-2003, 09:24 AM
hey guys. I posted in about December last year, that i had injured my lower back lifting some heavy object. I tried everything everyone recommended (lying flat on stomach, lifting head to try loko at my toes, tensing buttocks etc...) and it all didn't work. I took time off training, and it got better, but not to 100% and the pain was always there. I hardly used my back anymore when lifting (even getting a pen off the ground i would bend my knees fully). Well about 2 months ago, my girlfriend told me that 'it's not good for my back to sleep curled up in a ball, however comfy it is'...so i started sleeping fully on my back (sometimes rolling to the sides) - and now, my back is feelling MUCH better, and is recovering well (much faster than any exercise i tried before).

So looks like my sleeping pattern didn't help the healing, and from now on i'll be sleeping on my back! and for all you guys who have lower back pain, it could be because you're sleeping badly!

Thanks to everyone who recommended me exercises though (i still do them...ironfist with the tensing buttocks exercise - forgot the rest!). again thanks!

fa_jing
09-16-2003, 09:46 AM
yep. sleeping always messes me up, though in my case it's the upper back.

rubthebuddha
09-16-2003, 02:21 PM
tony -- darn good one to let loose any tension remaining from a workout, or to get it out of you before a session so you can relax into it easier. :)

bamboo_ leaf
09-24-2003, 03:14 PM
There’s a lot of interesting work thats been done on the back in the field of deep tissue work.

If you look up trigger points on the web, I am sure that you can find some real helpful advice and home body work that will help to identify and realse trigger points that can cause pain like you describe after an injury or sprain.

As always if in doubt please check with your doc, before trying anything suggested.