PDA

View Full Version : OMG! Good Kung fu *contact* sparring clips!!!

jon
09-16-2003, 07:30 PM
http://mcdojo.com/
On the main page check out the clips of Asia fighting using Bajiquan.

I would link the clips directly but it seems kind of mean so have a look over at the site there on the main page anyway:D

Im really glad to see someone has finaly gone to the trouble of actualy *taping* some of there sparring to put up on the net.

Asia is a monster and the guy is fighting is much smaller still its great to see some people actualy using what they know.

Raatra
09-16-2003, 07:47 PM
Props to the white guy in the asianvsluan clip for taking it to someone twice his size if not more. The black dude was just big and didnt do much in my opinion. He should have fought the white guy in the summervsosiris clip.

truewrestler
09-16-2003, 07:50 PM
http://www.bullshido.com/mcthrowdown2k3/asiavsluan1.wmv

almost as impressive as beating someone your own size :rolleyes:

You know what I think? Here's what I think.... he would look completely different against someone his own size and similar skill level, maybe even degrading to kickboxing.

joedoe
09-16-2003, 07:59 PM
That just degraded into kickboxing :D

Had to say it. Sorry. Asia is a pretty scary looking mofo.

jon
09-16-2003, 08:03 PM
truewrestler

Actualy Asia fights quite a lot of people including many his own size. If you have a look around the site you will find pics of him taking on Skumer (featured in the second clip against Osiris) who is much closer to his size.

You might also notice that Asia quite clearly is not going full out on him and is basicaly playing around with him.

Still man im sure your right, one look at another fighter and im sure Asia would just denegrate into a useless pile of mush showing none of his technique or training.
Or maybe your wrong and are just reaching for basicaly any excuse to keep yourself in that special little place where you have something to look down on.
How on earth it is you can give props to any old MMA guy who jumps up in the cage no matter how poorly but you cant acknowledge a bit of skill coming from someone who very obviously knows what there doing is compleately beyond me.

Laughing Cow
09-16-2003, 08:06 PM
I have spoken to Asia a few times and also spoken to quiet a few people that sparred with him.

General consensus is that he knows what he is talking about and not afraid to show/proof it either.
The guys that met him and touched hands with him tend to have a lot of respect for his skill.

I think he has also been involved in some comps over on the continent where he is currently stationed.

Seeya guys.

truewrestler
09-16-2003, 08:09 PM
Still man im sure your right, one look at another fighter and im sure Asia would just denegrate into a useless pile of mush showing none of his technique or training. Wow, I didn't know you felt that way about kickboxing.

I would be very interested in seeing more clips of "Asia fighting using Bajiquan" against some guys his size and similar skill level.

Laughing Cow
09-16-2003, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by truewrestler
I would be very interested in seeing more clips of "Asia fighting using Bajiquan" against some guys his size and similar skill level.

Head over to Cyberkwoon, E-Budo and other sites he frequents and ask him to post some or simply talk to him.

I am sure that he won't mind at all, he is a very nice, relaxed and friendly guy.

He is also a member on here:

Profile (http://forum.kungfumagazine.com/forum/member.php?action=getinfo&find=lastposter&threadid=17529)

jon
09-16-2003, 08:19 PM
truewrestler

"Wow, I didn't know you felt that way about kickboxing"
* I practice both Thai and Chinese kickboxing. I have pleanty of respect for both arts oddly enough.

"You know what I think? Here's what I think.... he would look completely different against someone his own size and similar skill level, maybe even degrading to kickboxing."

* Lets get this strait...
You are the one who said "degrading to kickboxing" i took offence to *your* comment, dont try to turn this around.
You are the one who tried to state that what he was doing would 'degrade' into kickboxing' against a better fighter. I was pointing out that this was not the case and he simply fights the way he is trained.

truewrestler
09-16-2003, 08:22 PM
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. If I get some clips I'll try to post.

If anyone else has some videos online, please post.

truewrestler
09-16-2003, 08:34 PM
jon, That's cool. I simply don't think that video can be used as an accurate example of Bajiquan or Asia's skill. You did not post it as "proof" of anything but that is the reason I watched it...to see real kung fu in action. I was just disappointed is all.

Oso
09-16-2003, 08:41 PM
check his profile.

proof that he must suck.

;)

omarthefish
09-16-2003, 09:36 PM
BAH!!! PUNY HU_MANZ!!

Know the awsome power of BAJI!!! and know fear.....

Seeriously though, that was Asia, The Dark Lord of BAJI. And that shoulder smash that knocks the little guy down about half way through is text book Baji. Lifted straight out of the form. There were other moments as well but that one jumps out as an excellent example of what BAJI! is supposed to be about.

This is the same Asia who regularly pwns! BJJ blackbelts. he . .. hehe.

KC Elbows
09-17-2003, 12:02 AM
Asia is a mixed martial artist, a nice guy, and someone who competes. I have a sneaking suspicion he's the one yelling advice to the guys in the second vid. I also think on his fight, he purposefully didn't go crazy on the luan because he was having fun and giving Luan his time to shine. He doesn't need the affirmation of dominating the guy, it was a friendly thing.

That's a get together of bullshido members, and really they should get props for putting them up, all things considered.

Also, I don't think Asia was there to prove anything to anyone. However, I know he's known to travel for matches. Truewrestler, why don't you just ask him to go at it sometime, instead of expecting him to prove his arts to you via vids that he didn't even make for you?

For the record, I don't think all those guys are kung fu practitiners- I'm pretty sure Osiris is not, dunno on the others except for Asia.

omarthefish
09-17-2003, 12:55 AM
I don't remember Luan's background. He hasn't been posting long but his profile says MMA. Skummer, the other big guy, if I remember right is a WC guy....just checked his profile, my bad: "Judo, Ba gua Zhang, Tai Chi, Seven Star Mantis " Asia's favorite hobby is laughing at so called MMA. He has certainly trained in a few things but considers himself a traditionalist and first and formost is the Grand Poobah of Baji. Osiris, the little (for that crowd) black guy I think used to do TKD but recently has been training MMA. His profile says gong-fu and wrestling.

I really wish I could have made it but it was in Atlanta and I live in Los Angelos. If I had the cash to fly to Atlanta for a weekend I would have already bought my ticket back to China anyways.

Truewrestler,
Sorry to dissapoint but THAT'S what it usually looks like! That was a pretty mixed crowd gong-fu and so called MMA. I like the clips because A: BAJI!!! B: they highlight the absirdity of the apparent rivalry between "traditional" and "MMA" fighting styles. There's just people who honestly like to play and those who talk out their asses.

Merryprankster
09-17-2003, 03:25 AM
TW,

You stepped in this one I'm afraid. Asia's as legit as they come. He's traditional too. By that I mean he's ACTUALLY traditional, like he and his buddies knock the stuffing out of each other, like boxers and us MMA types, etc.

It's all about how you train....

Royal Dragon
09-17-2003, 04:22 AM
He he he eh Asia once again proves why HE is the Emperor of Baiji!!!!

I've spoken to him before, here, and mostly on Cyber Kwoon. Asia is defenetly one guy I'd like to meet some day. One thing I noticed about him, he really DOES move like the Baji forms I have here on vid. It's not just his Shoulder check, it's his foot work too. You can see him clearly sinking to charge his energy in certain segments of that clip. Contrary to popular belife, he seemed actually MORE mobile by doing it too. Also, he takes a knee, and just launches his opponent and uses a rather deep half horse stance to maintain his balance (Could be a 60/40, hard to tell from the angle though).

THIS is the type of stuff I was calling ot for about 6 months ago.

truewrestler
09-17-2003, 06:55 AM
I'm was not trying to comment on Asia or his skills (i don't know the guy) but rather the clip as a demonstration of Bajiquan in action.

If Paul Varlens beats the **** out of me does that make Trap Fighting a good style? :D

KC Elbows
09-17-2003, 07:17 AM
Originally posted by truewrestler
I'm was not trying to comment on Asia or his skills (i don't know the guy) but rather the clip as a demonstration of Bajiquan in action.

If Paul Varlens beats the **** out of me does that make Trap Fighting a good style? :D

I was serious that you should talk to Asia. He's constantly setting up get togethers with people, and the sooner you and he get together, the sooner you finally take the plunge and get youself in kratee, where you can learn the serious whoopass, instead of this huggy touchy feely thing you got conned into.:D

norther practitioner
09-17-2003, 11:23 AM
LOL, what an appropriate song in the backround of the first clip I watched... Let the Bodies hit the Floor.:D
Dude looks pretty large...:)

Merryprankster
09-17-2003, 11:24 AM
Not bad. Not especially exciting. Asia seems big. Agreed that he moves like the forms more than some others I've seen. Not sure if that means anything in this context. I've got to go with TW on the interested in seeing him against a bigger opponent thing. Not doubting his ability or skill, just curious.

You can see him clearly sinking to charge his energy in certain segments of that clip. Contrary to popular belife, he seemed actually MORE mobile by doing it too

Hogwash.

norther practitioner
09-17-2003, 12:42 PM
I think it is more like a style emphasising an aspect of power generation more... like taiji and the waste.

Asia
09-19-2003, 11:06 AM
Hi guys.

I'm surprised that no one commented on the 'PROOF' that the Kamehameha is a valid fighting techniques:D

Xebsball
09-19-2003, 11:11 AM
where are the Baji zombies in there?
that one is not the real Asia, there were no zombies on the vid

Ray Pina
09-19-2003, 11:43 AM
Nice school! Big open space!

Shaolin-Do
09-19-2003, 11:46 AM
*heatbuts xebsball*

Asia
09-19-2003, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by Xebsball
where are the Baji zombies in there?
that one is not the real Asia, there were no zombies on the vid

Who do you think was holding the camera!;)

Asia always rolls deep!!!! And they are more reliable than Astral Spies

Shaolin-Do
09-19-2003, 11:48 AM
"And they are more reliable than Astral Spies"

I beg to differ. My astral spies are more reliable than a General electric washing machine!
:eek:

Golden Arms
09-19-2003, 11:54 AM
TW and co. Have you guys ever seen Baji before? Maybe you are looking for it to look like northern shaolin or something. What he is doing has lots of Baji elements in it. That is what Baji looks like. Cool to see you in action asia, I lurked on this board for almost 2 years before I ever posted, but you were always one of the guys I wanted to talk to a bit. Good to see you are still at it :)

Daredevil
09-19-2003, 11:56 AM
re: Baji

Where are all the elbows??

Okay, I guess it was a friendly match, but ... :)

Merryprankster
09-19-2003, 11:58 AM
I loved that shoulder charge. I thought that was cool as ****.

Xebsball
09-19-2003, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by Asia

Who do you think was holding the camera!;)

Asia always rolls deep!!!! And they are more reliable than Astral Spies

lol :D

Shaolin-Do
09-19-2003, 12:00 PM
"I loved that shoulder charge. I thought that was cool as ****."
Amen.

Xebsball
09-19-2003, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by Shaolin-Do

Amen.

Someone always have to come and ruin martial arts thread by bringing religion discussions
:mad:
you pizz me off

Shaolin-Do
09-19-2003, 12:24 PM
*heatbuts xebsball again*

norther practitioner
09-19-2003, 12:50 PM
Word, against Lu I think it was (one of em was when he dented the wall with his head I think..)...

It reminds of a video game... I don't remember seeing someone ever pulling this off in any mma that I've watched.

Golden Arms
09-19-2003, 12:52 PM
Akira From Virtua Fighter.....and he does...guess what art..heheheh. On a side note..do you know how the VF team chose the styles for Virtua fighter? Look it up sometime, or if nobody can find it, I will post it..its a cool read!

Shaolin-Do
09-19-2003, 12:57 PM
Akira is quite possibly the best anime ever made IMO. :)

CaptinPickAxe
09-19-2003, 01:19 PM
I like the "Punking Ashida Kim" article...

Shaolin-Do
09-19-2003, 01:20 PM
Ill stomp on ashida kims balls.

Asia
09-19-2003, 01:31 PM
What balls!?!?!

AK pussed out on a challenge HE posted. And now forum is down. HMMMMMM.......:confused:

Oddly I have nothing against Ashida Kim. He did what any smart business man does, exploit pples ignorance. What bugs me is the pple that STILL believe he is the real deal when there is TONS of info showing that he is not. He claimed grandmastership of the BDFS for years when the actual BDFS took action against him he squirmed and whined. YET THESE IDIOTS STILL STUCK UP FOR HIM.

Something for the Temple of the Jedi:
"Who is more foolish? The Fool or the Fool who follows him?"-Master Obi Wan

Shaolin-Do
09-19-2003, 01:51 PM
The same people that foolow ashida kim are the same people trying to learn how to vanish into thin air, fly, and burn holes in people with their eyes.
Only AK has the true power to do these things!?!?!
Err...
Translation - most of ashida kims followers are misled pimple faced prepubecents.

Asia
09-19-2003, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by Golden Arms
Akira From Virtua Fighter.....and he does...guess what art..heheheh. On a side note..do you know how the VF team chose the styles for Virtua fighter? Look it up sometime, or if nobody can find it, I will post it..its a cool read!

Post it. It would be an intresting read. Just like the Capcom character of Akuma/Gouki was inspired by Mas Oyama (that his why is theme music is called GODHANDS, which was Oyamas nickname) and Sonny Chiba's potray of Mas Oyama in 'Karate Bullfighter' aka Champion of Death.

ShaolinDo,

Careful they are watching you!!!:eek:

Shaolin-Do
09-19-2003, 02:33 PM
"ShaolinDo,

Careful they are watching you!!!"

Its ok, I just chi blasted the sneaky ninja outside my window.
D@mn those astral spies.

Volcano Admim
09-20-2003, 08:06 AM
Asia, there oughta be vids of Akira of VF somewhere, i knew a site with em. Ill post if i remember laer
Akiras baji was quite cool
There are other dudes of VF who do cma that have cool moves too

Phrost
11-08-2003, 09:12 PM
Just want you guys to know that since the upgrade to the new site, we've put up two new clips and a forum specifically for these kinds of "Throwdowns" where martial artists meet up in a BS and ego free environment to discuss MA and test out their skills, such as you can see in these vids.

Cheers

Phrost
Amatuer Mixed Martial Arts Fighter
Site Director, www.Bullshido.com

Felipe Bido
11-09-2003, 12:40 AM
Asia ****ing rocks.

Move along, people