PDA

View Full Version : Cro Cop is a MACHINE!

truewrestler
09-16-2003, 08:02 PM
http://www.intensemediaconcepts.com/video/Mirko_CroCop.wmv

Oso
09-16-2003, 08:35 PM
yea he is ! wow!

I think I'm going to have to buy the Evanescence ?? album. That song rocked as well.

Shaolin-Do
09-16-2003, 09:44 PM
I played it again to good songs and it was MUCH cooler.
Mudvayne - Severed
Do or Die - Kill or Be Killed
:cool:
:)
edit: had to watch it again just to see crocop to ghetto music.
:D

truewrestler
09-16-2003, 09:46 PM
haha

jon
09-17-2003, 02:32 AM
Cro Cop is hillarious to watch.

Love the way he blows kisses at his opponents and also the way he points out where Silva is 'supposed' to be kicking him.

Having said that i find it slightly hard watching someone quite so brutal, i also have the same problem watching Silva.

I really love the Ernesto Hoost highlight clip over on Sherdog, Hoost is an ammazing striker and he also actualy seems to have a sence of respect for his opponents - he stops when there finished unlike many in the Pride crowd who wont stop till the ref actualy pulls them off there opponent.

Yeah call me a sissy but if there is one thing i really *dont* like its over glorifying violence - that clips go's for it full bore.
The montage of shots of his messed up opponents is typical of this sort of thing.

Honestly if MMA want to get more respect and more publicity they need to get rid of stuff like stomping on a downed opponent. It may be realistic but its also compleately barbaric and watching many Pride fights you cant help wondering if its a sport at all or just a couple of guys trying to injure each other for a prize.

Im certainly not saying this to take anything away from the skill levels exhibited in such matches im just trying to say i litteraly have a hard time sitting though it and as a spectator sport i dont really consider that a good thing.

Merryprankster
09-17-2003, 03:22 AM
Has Hoost fought MMA? I thought he was K1 only.

You follow up in MMA because you want to maintain the advantage. Unlike striking only events you don't back off a downed opponent. It's the referree's job to get you off. Actually, it's safer that way...

Anyway, make sense?

As far as the rules, kicking a downed opponent is legal *shrug*

Oso
09-17-2003, 03:38 AM
that clip wasn't anywhere near as brutal as some.

no one's going to watch a clip of a tea party.

unless it's a full contact tea party a la Monty Python.;)

jon
09-17-2003, 04:54 AM
Im just not really partial to watching people go at it such a way as to be obviously asking for something horrible to happen.

I can still understand many people like events like Pride i just honestly find it hard to watch. Im also guilty of watching pleanty of clips though and being a bit of a fanboy for many of the fighters:D

Merryprankster
"Has Hoost fought MMA? I thought he was K1 only."
* Not to my knowledge, im fairly sure he has only fought in K1 as well.

"You follow up in MMA because you want to maintain the advantage. Unlike striking only events you don't back off a downed opponent. It's the referree's job to get you off. Actually, it's safer that way...
Anyway, make sense?"
* Honestly i do understand this.
I just also find it very hard to stomach, i also think it gets taken advantage of badly and there are many cases in mma comps of people beating on an obviously unconsious opponent.

Ford Prefect
09-17-2003, 05:16 AM
He's nasty. Doing smith machine squats though! Yikes!

Suntzu
09-17-2003, 07:13 AM
Sissy........... :D

i like how they showed him train a technique and thanflash to THAT echnique being used.........

j-himself
09-17-2003, 07:26 AM
that clip was awesome. i've never really been a big fan of mma till recently. most of the fights i've seen before used to be all submission fighting, or just one guy beating the other guy senseless from the mount. then i saw guys like cro cop, frank shamrock, and silva fight, n that was something totally different. these well rounded fighters are just awesome; combining all the different rangers of fighting. n about kicking n stomping the guy on the ground, like silva does, i have nothing against. is it brutal? yes. is fighting brutal? yes. hell, fighting aint a sport. its not about doing pretty forms and being fair; its about kicking other guys a$$ by any means necessary. open ur eyes see the reality, cuz it may come to you one day.

truewrestler
09-17-2003, 04:23 PM
to the top

Suntzu
10-09-2003, 08:35 AM
TTMFT.......... for inspiration...

norther practitioner
10-09-2003, 09:34 AM
That link doesn't seem to be working right now...

norther practitioner
10-09-2003, 09:40 AM
He's got an amazing round kick.:D

He must not be "traditional"...

lol

oh and I found it at this addy...

http://www.bullshido.com/dl_search.asp?search=cro&num=10

Suntzu
10-09-2003, 09:50 AM
yeah they switched it on us.......... f0ckin AMAZING!!!!

Suntzu
10-09-2003, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by norther practitioner
He's got an amazing round kick.:D

He must not be "traditional"...

[/url] i dooon't know....... he fights from both side.... that's pretty "traditional"........... :D

truewrestler
01-19-2004, 08:39 AM
to the top (i fixed the video link in the first post)

old jong
01-19-2004, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by truewrestler
hthttp://www.intensemediaconcepts.com/video/Mirko_CroCop.wmv

TTMFSOBT!....
Are you sure about that link?;) ;) ;)

truewrestler
01-19-2004, 09:01 AM
doh, corrected... thanks!
Originally posted by truewrestler
http://www.intensemediaconcepts.com/video/Mirko_CroCop.wmv

backbreaker
01-19-2004, 04:22 PM
Looks like he's got a pretty good batting average. Nice Video!