PDA

View Full Version : Elbow Smashes in Sparring

Tainan Mantis
10-13-2001, 08:58 AM
The post A MA MUST HAVE AT ROCK BOTTOM PRICE OF $3.00 by Nuttn'honey shows elbow pads that allow you to strike your sparring partner without crippling him.
It seems to me that it makes it easier to practice full power elbow strikes often when wearing these.

Are you for or against this bit of training equipment and why?

Kristoffer
10-13-2001, 10:56 AM
I think it sounds like a good idea..
cant see what would be bad about it.

But to practise full power elbow attack, u only need a normal punching bag, a three or a pile of car-tires. this is what I do.

~K~
"maybe not in combat..... but think of the chicks man, the chicks!"

straight blast
10-13-2001, 01:52 PM
As a Thai Boxer I'd have to say that elbow pads sound brilliant. We are unable to use elbows when sparring due to the knockout effect plus the unfortunate side effect of being split and bleeding all over your partner. And it's pointless to practise them slow mo' 'cos suddenly everyone becomes fantastic at defending and a slo o' elbow never connects.

"Through strength, learn gentleness. Through gentleness, strength will prevail"

straight blast
10-13-2001, 01:55 PM
As a Thai Boxer I'd have to say that elbow pads sound brilliant. We are unable to use elbows when sparring due to the knockout effect plus the unfortunate side effect of being split and bleeding all over your partner. And it's pointless to practise them slow mo' 'cos suddenly everyone becomes fantastic at defending and a slo o' elbow never connects.
I have never used them, but I must admit that I'd be interested. A lot of people train, train, train for a fight, get in the ring, and get smashed by the first elbow that comes their way. Or alternately throw elbows that have no chance of ever connecting. Anything that makes the training more realistic sounds great.

straight blast
10-13-2001, 01:56 PM
Wonder what happened there?? :o