PDA

View Full Version : push hands clips

jun_erh
09-17-2003, 05:53 PM
vincent chu circa '91 (http://www.gstaichi.org/images/videoClips/vc1.mpg)

I've never done push hands before. I thought I understood what it was but now I'm sure I don't.

the rest (http://www.gstaichi.org/videoClips.html)

Laughing Cow
09-17-2003, 05:58 PM
OMG :eek:

WTF, was that? :rolleyes:

8gates
09-17-2003, 07:12 PM
I know the creator of Gin Soon Tai Chi is from the Yang Tai Chi branch.... Those so call "push hands" look more like
"Da Lu or Ta Lu" kind of ... but man... I don't know about those demo's..... LOL :D

jon
09-17-2003, 08:02 PM
I dont know if i should laugh or cry, ill probarly do both but i havent quite decided in what order yet.:(

Internal Boxer
09-18-2003, 04:39 AM
I have heard from a lot of independant sources that I have respect for that Master Chu is a very skilled and powerful Internalist, but this stuff makes him look a complete tw.at. The guy who was being demo'd on needs his face filling in for such ponsie, gay over reacting that looks more a home on a Monty python sketch.:rolleyes:

wingchunner
09-18-2003, 04:43 AM
... I will.

They suck.

Marty

Laughing Cow
09-18-2003, 04:46 AM
I have so far only heard good things about Vincent Chu, but I am not sure how to tie those demoes in with what I have heard.
:confused: :confused:

Liokault
09-18-2003, 05:37 AM
I'm thinking that they are making fun of their own club and you americans with your famous lack of a sophisticated sense of humour missed the point.

P.S Irony, despite past claims of people on this site does not mean "a bit like iron".

joedoe
09-18-2003, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by Liokault
I'm thinking that they are making fun of their own club and you americans with your famous lack of a sophisticated sense of humour missed the point.

P.S Irony, despite past claims of people on this site does not mean "a bit like iron".

I am not so sure about that. I can't imagine an MA school taking the p!ss out of themselves on their own website, especially if the teacher is supposed to bu quite respected and/or you are trying to attract students.

brassmonkey
09-19-2003, 01:17 AM
this is clearly jumping, watch b4 the jump as they push into the ground

Internal Boxer
09-19-2003, 04:33 AM
A chinese master taking the pi.ss out of himself??? Come on mate on what planet is that ever likely to happen!!

jun_erh
09-19-2003, 12:49 PM
I had no idea. So they are stupid?

bamboo_ leaf
09-19-2003, 01:35 PM
On another site I have seen the same clips. It seems that many of the same comments are posted here as well.

I think something more usefule then just saying it’s fake would be for some one here duplicate what’s shown in the clips, or provide a good explanation on how it was done.

It might also be usfule to remember it's a demo with people of very differnt skill levels.