PDA

View Full Version : Baji(Asia)vs Self Taught MMA Videoclip

brassmonkey
09-19-2003, 12:56 AM
suprised this hasnt been posted here yet:
http://www.bullshido.com/mcthrowdown2k3/asiavsluan1.wmv
got this off of http://www.mma.tv/TUF/index.cfm?FID=1 for more details

here's a brief background: "Lu taught himself the striking. The grappling was self taught too, with some being trained with me. What you see is Lu, myself, Asia, Skummer and Crimson Tiger of Bullshido.com sparring in a wushu school that we rented out for the weekend. "

brassmonkey
09-19-2003, 01:03 AM
http://www.bullshido.com/mcthrowdown2k3/asiavsct1.wmv

brassmonkey
09-19-2003, 01:06 AM
notice ya browsing, any comments?

Asia
09-19-2003, 02:02 AM
It was a nice weekend. We plan on doing another McThrowdown in Germany this November.

It was good to actually meet pple face to face and see what they have to offer. It also lends alot of crediblity to what pple post and it great to see that these guys were willing to test themselves. Yes it was obvious I was on a different skill level but the fact that they kept coming again and again says something. I have a greater sense of respect for them now.

Ben Gash
09-19-2003, 03:07 AM
Interesting to note that the more comfortable you became, the more you fought "in style".

Chang Style Novice
09-19-2003, 06:45 AM
"suprised this hasnt been posted here yet:"

Only it has!

Anarcho
09-19-2003, 07:26 AM
LOL @ "Self-taught MMA"

Chang Style Novice
09-19-2003, 07:29 AM
Yeah, that phrase pretty much has "Ralek" written all over it, doesn't it?

Shaolin-Do
09-19-2003, 07:34 AM
"(Spellcheck by Chang Style Novice!)"

Isnt that about like having Al Bundy for a house maid?
:eek:
:D

Chang Style Novice
09-19-2003, 07:38 AM
You'd rather have Al Bundy than me for a housemaid, but I do an okay spellcheck, ya whippersnapper!

Shaolin-Do
09-19-2003, 07:55 AM
What exactly is a "whippersnapper" anyway?
Ive always wondered that...
Sounds like dangerous p*ssy. :eek:
:D

Chang Style Novice
09-19-2003, 08:02 AM
Main Entry: whip·per·snap·per
Pronunciation: 'hwi-p&r-"sna-p&r, 'wi-
Function: noun
Etymology: alteration of snippersnapper
Date: 1700
: a diminutive, insignificant, or presumptuous person

bookmark m-w.com

m-w.com is your friend

m-w.com knows all

Shaolin-Do
09-19-2003, 08:11 AM
m-w.com tried to watch me shower. Dirty bum looker.

Mutant
09-19-2003, 10:44 AM
lookin good asia, way to put the smackdown on those mc'fighters. they were obviously of a much lower skill level, but true they deserve props for stepping in the ring, being tenacious and working to improve. looks like a fun time for everyone there (even those being schooled), thats cool.

did they have any basic background before trying to be 'self-taught mma' or did they just jump on the bandwagon, thinking that just because they called something 'mma', that it was going to have some sort of magical beat-all ability, w/o having real content. i think thats a common misconception lots of people have, that disrespects both real, quality mma, as well as solid traditional training.

Asia
09-19-2003, 11:23 AM
Lu (little asian guy) has some formal training. He and Osiris (a formally trained TKD guys self taught grappling) had been working out to test themselves. They also wanted to see how they did against other pple. Which is how this McThrowdown thing got started.

Crimson Tiger trains MT and some JJ. Good potential but kept holding back. I wanted him to go all out.

Skummer is a formally trained Judo and gung fu guy.

Shaolin Do,

The school we rented for the weekend was a Shaolindo school
The owner was quite happy to let us mess aruond. Even after I dented the wall with Lu's head.

Shaolin-Do
09-19-2003, 11:26 AM
lol. :)
Well, you look like a pretty big dude, but if your ever down towards san antonio Im up to take a beating, so dont hesitate sending a msg.