PDA

View Full Version : ATTN: Chicago Shuai Chiao People

CrippledAvenger
09-19-2003, 05:42 AM
Are we still on for Saturday @ East Chicago? Drop me a PM, 'cause I'm going to be working late today.

Water Dragon
09-19-2003, 06:29 AM
Yeah. I'll meet you at the train at 12:45

Shaolin-Do
09-19-2003, 06:37 AM
Theres a spot right in to the inside of my left shoulder blade, right in the middle of it... hurts like bloody hell. Good throws to the left shoulder make it hurt worse... :(
Theres a little bit of a knot there, but after praticing yesterday it hurt to breathe a little... dunno if its a muscle knot or if Ive done something worse...If the problem persists Ill go to a doctor.

hehe... CPA and myself threw each other down for a while last night... kirk was sick or something... Hardwood floors hurt...

Water Dragon
09-19-2003, 06:46 AM
Sounds like you might have a bone bruise. Especially if you got thrown and your shoulder blade hit that hardwood floor.

If it is a bone bruise-- Sucks to be you!

Shaolin-Do
09-19-2003, 07:21 AM
Nah, not the shoulder blade, about 1 fingers width inside the shoulder blade. Feels like a rib, or the muscle around it.
Ah well... :)

fa_jing
09-19-2003, 08:19 AM
careful, Shaolin-Do. Stretch that sucker. Here's one: Stand, fold your hands together behind your back. Lean your head towards the ground like you were going to touch your toes, also let your arms come off of your lower back, as far as possible.

Gents, I may or may not be able to make it on Saturday.
Happy training in case I can't. BTW, I'm looking into buying some focus mitts for us to play with.

fa_jing
09-19-2003, 08:29 AM
http://www.fitnesswholesale.com/mitts.htm

http://www.ambersports.com/leatfocmit.html

Which one should I get?

Shaolin-Do
09-19-2003, 08:32 AM
"Stand, fold your hands together behind your back."
basically like the armies standing at attention pose?

"Which one should I get?"

I have a red one and a black one... black one to hit, left one to teach bob and weave, sometimes counter.
Black is target, red is awareness. Works good for me that way.

fa_jing
09-19-2003, 09:19 AM
SD, clasp the hands together palm against palm, fingers pointing down towards the floor, behind your back, and interlace the fingers.

If you have a sofa with thick arms, you can now insert the arm in between your hands and your lower back, then slide down so that is forces your arms ****her backwards. Otherwise try bending over and moving your arms back away from your lower back, to make about a 90 degree angle.

Another stretch that targets the affected area is from Yoga, you simply push your palms together into a prayer position behind your back. In this case your fingers point towards the ceiling and are not interlaced. This is easier to perform the higher up you place the hands on your back.

fa_jing
09-19-2003, 01:08 PM
I just ordered the focus mitts. I think they'll be here in about a week. Can't wait.