PDA

View Full Version : Desktop Kung-Fu

Shaolin-Do
09-19-2003, 08:00 AM
Yes, this is a thread for all of us bums that basically get paid to yak on KFO.
Anyone got good training methods for while your at your desktop?
Ex: standing in horse while typing.
:)

MasterKiller
09-19-2003, 08:06 AM
I do horse-stance in the bathroom stalls.

Other than that, I sit in various positions to stretch my hips and legs while working.

And typing all day has forged my index fingers into deadly weapons.

Judge Pen
09-19-2003, 08:11 AM
I close my door to do horse stances and some stretches. (thanks for the idea, though MK) ;) It's nice to not work in a cubicle.

I also focus on positive visualization.

:D

Shaolin-Do
09-19-2003, 08:13 AM
I also open and close my hand as fast as possible as many times as possible... From closed fist to all the way open hand... when closing the hand, enough force should be used to kinda make a slap noise...
Believe it or not, try and get 150 of those in 30 seconds, its a d@mn good hand workout. :)

Chang Style Novice
09-19-2003, 08:16 AM
I beat the hell out of anyone who walks by.

BTW, here's a copy of my resume'. For some reason I haven't been able to hold a job recently.

Judge Pen
09-19-2003, 08:21 AM
Originally posted by Shaolin-Do
I also open and close my hand as fast as possible as many times as possible... From closed fist to all the way open hand... when closing the hand, enough force should be used to kinda make a slap noise...
Believe it or not, try and get 150 of those in 30 seconds, its a d@mn good hand workout. :)

That in a horse stance for a couple of minutes is a staple of a Master Mullins workout.

Shaolin-Do
09-19-2003, 08:25 AM
"I beat the hell out of anyone who walks by."
I bet it smells aweful once the hell has been beaten out of somebody.

"That in a horse stance for a couple of minutes is a staple of a Master Mullins workout."
Its also wonderful deskrobics! :)

norther practitioner
09-19-2003, 08:27 AM
I stretch when I'm on the phone.. I'll also do inclined pushups on my desk sometimes.. enough to feel it, not enough to get sweaty.