PDA

View Full Version : awsome new site w/cool photo's

EARTH DRAGON
06-12-2001, 03:52 PM
hey fellow martial artists, please take a minute to click on our web site, check out the photo's and give us some advice or just ask some questions in our forum. thank you for your time!
www.kungfuUSA.net (http://www.kungfuUSA.net)

http://www.kungfuUSA.net

Martial Joe
06-12-2001, 06:42 PM
I saw this site a long time ago...

Rolling Elbow
06-12-2001, 09:44 PM
Stop posting that ****ing site around..it isn't that cool and the fotos look ridiculous. More combat applications please..mantis postures on their own are often laughable.

Sorry, getting tired of this advertised everywhere.

Michael Panzerotti
Taijutsu Nobody from the Great White North..

Martial Joe
06-12-2001, 10:26 PM
You forgot to add there is only like 5 pictures...

rogue
06-12-2001, 10:45 PM
And it's all basic TKD and karate stuff anyway.

Adventure is just a romantic name for trouble. It sounds swell when you write about it, but it's hell when you meet it face to face in a dark and lonely place.
Louis L'Amour

Mojo
06-13-2001, 06:23 PM
http://www.kungfuusa.net/images/qigong1.jpg

Do you wet your finger before you stick it in his ear ?
:D :D

chokeyouout2
06-13-2001, 07:01 PM
http://www.kungfuusa.net/images/photo_page/109.jpg

Man, that looks like it really hurts!

SevenStar
06-14-2001, 06:12 AM
I wish you punks would stop posting links to your sucky site with pics of students that have awful technique. this is a MA forum, not a marketing site. from the looks of some of those pics, you need to be training, not posting links...

-SevenStar©
"I see!" said the blind man.

Rolling Elbow
06-14-2001, 06:50 PM
The pics were ridiculous and honestly..the combat sequences leave a little to be desired. Every shot to the opponents body leaves him screaming in pain....the site like i said, sucks beyond the cool mantis pic. I think the point of the site was to practice html.

Michael Panzerotti
Taijutsu Nobody from the Great White North..

Grappling-Insanity
06-15-2001, 06:08 AM
OMG that's fricken hilarious!!!, do you guys actually fight from those stances?!?!. Man I would slap you like a red headed step child. Look at this shiet...http://www.kungfuusa.net/images/photo_page/111.jpg

Grappling-Insanity
06-15-2001, 06:10 AM
Look at this:http://www.kungfuusa.net/images/photo_page/037.jpg WTF is that?!?! who punches with the upper wrist?!?!

Martial Joe
06-15-2001, 08:03 PM
I person who wants a broken wrist?
I wouldnt consider that a punch.More like a wristem!

Rolling Elbow
06-16-2001, 09:56 PM
I have to step in for the traditionalists.. You DO punch with the upper wrist and it is exrtremely effective if it is used at the correct angle. I use it some times and Mantis is known for using it. You have to watch the angle of the wrist like i said or you'll snap your wrist. The strike is legit and it hurts. Just more weapons to be aware of...a fighter who uses fists alone is more predictable than a man who uses his entire body as a weapon. Food for thought...

the pics are brutal though. What is with the tough guy pretty boy face as he hits his screaming white clad opponent?!

P.S- Those stances are designed to improve strength and balance..they aren't supposed to sit in that and wait for the opponent hehe...the pics are just too much though. The site sucks ass and that is the bottom line. That and the fact taht it has been posted everywhere on this forum

Michael Panzerotti
Taijutsu Nobody from the Great White North.

Losttrak
06-16-2001, 10:59 PM
Back when I was a MMA, I used that technique alot. Its called the oxjaw and I broke a guys nose with that once. When the wrist snap is combined with your arm techniques it becomes a very fast in-fighting technique. Plus, when you condition it, it becomes very strong. Beware hitting with the wrong part of the bone or you may really hurt your wrist.

"If you and I agree all the time, then one of us is unnecessary."

BAI HE
06-18-2001, 03:30 PM
Wow those fancy outfits look like something
borrowed from Siegfreid and Roy's closet!

I studied Ed Parker's Kenpo system for a time and the more advanced students practiced similar strikes with the wrist. The strikes when augmented with a slight twist from the hips was quite powerful.
My instructor informed me that the strikes were to be employed for breaking the breastbone of one's adversary. He also brike 1/2" boards with the strike.
In Kenpo the refer to it as a " Chicken-wrist strike".

Crimson Phoenix
06-18-2001, 03:38 PM
Heeeuuuuu....I do strike like that...effective because surprising and unorthodox, painless, at least for me...the wrist is heavily wrapped in ligaments and it's a very strong shock absorber...you can strike any part of the opponent with that...plus it forces you to use a whipping motion that is both fast and penetrating...in my opinion, I'd use that anytime over a "dumb" punch...but who am I anyway? :-)

Budokan
06-18-2001, 10:19 PM
Yeah, I also thought that was what we in shotokan call a "chicken head" strike and not an ox-jaw.

Also, it's typical for the shoot-and-mount crowd to think that people fight out of those stances. It simply shows their ignorance when it comes to any other style than their "superior" one used in some-holds-barred and penultimate fighting championships.

YAWN. Their arrogance is really tiring after a while.

K. Mark Hoover

Grappling-Insanity
06-19-2001, 02:02 AM
But doing it to the side of his head is a good way to break your knuckle er.. wrist I guess...

SevenStar
06-19-2001, 05:10 AM
I know of it as a chicken head also. I thought the ox jaw was more similar to a willow palm...

-SevenStar©
Come not between the dragon and his wrath...

Grappling-Insanity
06-19-2001, 07:24 AM
It really shows my ignorance.... listen I dont train Kung-Fu. So when I go to a Kung-Fu website and I see these "stances" what do I think. I think they must fight from them. What else are stances for??. And if you fight like you train... then dont you fight like that???

Budokan
06-19-2001, 03:17 PM
Then why don't you do some research and find out what they are actually for, rather than simply going into knee-jerk mode and downplaying them?

K. Mark Hoover

tnwingtsun
06-22-2001, 08:01 AM
You would have a hard time with this guy,first he is almost bald and his hair looks brown,not red. :D

jesper
07-04-2001, 10:39 AM
We used to strike with the wrist in Wing Tsun, but found out that more often than not you would break your arm in real life situations.
Unless you were really really good, and he was really really bad :)