PDA

View Full Version : The Importance of A Proper WC's Diet

PaulH
09-20-2003, 02:44 PM
Okay. Just come back from an exhausting training. My head is further dizzied and wobbled somewhat after digesting some of the threads here, but I learn to be very happy and content. Let me share you my secret. I stole this from Joseph Conrad's book "Under Western Eyes"

"You can't ignore the importance of a good digestion. The joy of life...depends on a sound stomach, whereas a bad digestion inclines one to skepticism, incredulity, breeds black fancies and thoughts of death."

You owe it to yourself with a nice meal before going to the battlenet.

Just my tummy sense! Ha! Ha!

Regards,

John Weiland
09-21-2003, 05:48 PM
What is a proper Wing Chun diet? What is a proper diet?

I am confounded by many youngsters' comments about ingesting protein shakes and other synthetic combo foods. What ever happened to eating real food?

It seems to me to be much healthier to eat what nature provides and in the balance of minerals and micronutrients that natural foods contain than to load up on imbalanced additive-saturated artificial fad foods.

I read a book on the Zone diet, and though I haven't tried it as a "diet," the principle of balance between natural carbs--veggies and fruit, grains, etc---healthy fats, and healthy protein foods makes good sense. Also, the idea of spacing out balanced meals throughout the day for maximum benefit--mental and physical---makes sense to me.

Extreme diet theories, like the notions folks get of Atkins' high protein/fat diet or vegan extremism strain my credulity.

Also, it should be obvious that eliminating junk food's empty calories is a good thing. Unless of course, you're a programmer and need all that sugar. :p

Regards,

PaulH
09-21-2003, 10:56 PM
Hi John,

Your sound comment is much appreciated. I wrote that post more as a humor suggesting that everyone will be just a little mellow and receptive of other interesting aliens on the forum if they have a nice meal - The Europeans documented this fascinating phenomenon in "Babette's Feast" the movie. Do watch it if you can. Two palms up!

Regards,

John Weiland
09-21-2003, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by PaulH
The Europeans documented this fascinating phenomenon in "Babette's Feast" the movie. Do watch it if you can.
I will catch it soonest. Probably pick up some kiu sau tips there.

Regards,

kj
09-22-2003, 03:19 AM
The Europeans documented this fascinating phenomenon in "Babette's Feast" the movie. Do watch it if you can. Two palms up!

Agreed! One of the best Wing Chun movies yet. :):D:)

Regards,
- kj

PaulH
09-22-2003, 09:11 AM
Hi Kathy and John,

I don't know about Hendrik, but Babette is the real Yim Wing Chun for me! Her kind of Kung Fu is all powerful but incredibly subtle.

Regards,

kj
09-22-2003, 09:54 AM
I don't know about Hendrik, but Babette is the real Yim Wing Chun for me! Her kind of Kung Fu is all powerful but incredibly subtle.

Indeed - Babette too is my ideal for Wing Chun. An extraordinary artist in the most subtle and elusive secrets of slaying . :cool:

No offense to Diaz, Hendrik ... just different perspectives. ;)

Regards,
- kj

John Weiland
09-23-2003, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by kj

Indeed - Babette too is my ideal for Wing Chun. An extraordinary artist in the most subtle and elusive secrets of slaying . :cool:

No offense to Diaz, Hendrik ... just different perspectives. ;)

Regards,
- kj
I'll come back to this thread after I've seen the movie. Yim Wing Chun, yum! What a dish! :D

John Weiland
10-04-2003, 02:00 AM
Originally posted by John Weiland

I'll come back to this thread after I've seen the movie. Yim Wing Chun, yum! What a dish! :D
I almost forgot about this thread. :)

Saw the movie. Babette shows promise with her work on her dispering hands. Unfortunately, the sisters couldn't or wouldn't engage.

Everybody did a fine job on their sets.

I give it **** (four stars).

Saw Bend it Like Beckham tonight. Contemplating how to block the kicks. :D

Regards,

Phenix
10-04-2003, 10:04 AM
They said Vegitarian always will slow down aging!

I think Diaz is not vegitarian but Yim Wing Chun was.
How about Barbie? :D

John Weiland
10-05-2003, 12:43 AM
Originally posted by Phenix
They said Vegitarian always will slow down aging!

Maybe time just seems to pass more slowly without meat in the diet. Could be the brain is deprived of some essential nutrient. :p

I think Diaz is not vegitarian but Yim Wing Chun was.

Diaz is definitely not vegitarian. More on the meaty side of the menu unlike more anorexic starlets. :p

I think this thread got off track. How about a vegetarian restaurant named "Yum Wing Chun."

How about Barbie? :D

As in "throw another shrimp on the Barbie?" I don't think that's vegetarian, but oysters contain folic acid. Does that make them plants? :D

I'm opposed to cruelty to plants. They are so harmless. Wing Chun should only be used for good like protecting helpless vegitation.

Cheers,