PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Bart Vale Shootfighters in Miami

MiamiMantis
06-18-2001, 11:26 PM
If there are any Bart Vale Shootfighters on the forum who are in the Miami area, let me know as I would like to work out with a grappler :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

KNH13
06-19-2001, 12:01 AM
Dude your knee?

NorthernMantis
06-19-2001, 12:03 AM
I think you elbow. :D :D :D

"Always be ready"

DragonzRage
06-20-2001, 08:35 PM
Bart Vale's people aren't all that good. Roll with a Bjj guy or someone from a reputable MMA school.

MASTERMAN
07-05-2001, 09:41 PM
I haven't experienced a not so good Bart Vale student. Talk to Bart yourself and train at The Gathering of Eagles Las Vegas August 9,10,11.

There is more to application than BJJ!

Dave Simmons
www.mnkenpo.com (http://www.mnkenpo.com)

Kong Jianshen
08-01-2001, 07:43 AM
I beg to differ! Bart's guys are quite good. I have trained with Bart, he is awesome! He is also a 7th degree in Kenpo, possibly the toughest guy I have ever met.

"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." Nietzsche

GinSueDog
08-01-2001, 08:56 AM
I have to agree with DragonRage on this one, Bart Vale's people are not very good. There way of grappling is too hap-hazard and disorganized for lack of a better word. I would say Bart's stuff is on the same level as Matt Furey's stuff, it will work against the inexperienced and untrained but against a skilled BJJ stylist or someone trained at a reputable MMA school it doesn't work very well.-ED

Kong Jianshen
08-02-2001, 08:26 AM
"too hap-hazard"

Do explain?

GinSueDog
08-02-2001, 07:24 PM
Kong Jianshen,
They focus too much on submissions, and do not pay any attention to the importance on positioning. That is why they do not do as well against some of the better shooto schools out there or against the better BJJ schools. The best way I can put it is a good submission fighter should be like a big ass boa constrictor, slow and methodical until it is time for the kill when he strikes with lighting quickness. Bart Vale's people aren't like that, they go for submission after submission after submission.-ED

"Ninjas are not dangerous. They are more afraid of you than you are of them." --The Tick

Kong Jianshen
08-03-2001, 07:30 AM
I hate to say it but in Barts words to me at a recent seminar:

"Get the position before the submission."

What Bart guys have YOU been training with? We

GinSueDog
08-03-2001, 09:02 AM
Kong Jianshen,
Why wouldn't he with the popularity and proven effectiveness of BJJ in the realm of submission grappling. The idea of the importance of positioning over submissions is new to shootfighting and to Bart Vale. The Ken Shamrock-Kimo fight is IMO a good example of what a shoot fight often looks like before the introduction of BJJ. There are better schools to learn submission grappling from to put it simply.-ED

"Ninjas are not dangerous. They are more afraid of you than you are of them." --The Tick