PDA

View Full Version : Re-training SUCKS!

inic
09-21-2003, 04:57 PM
i stopped exercising back in mid-june due to 2 injuries. They healed in about 3 weeks. But then i got a computer. And then a girlfriend. So exercising wasn't a big priority heh. Well, here I am, 3rd week of Sept and starting to work out again. Man, it SUUAACCKKSS! Anyone got ideas for re-training? I'm going slow this time though so i wont get injured again. I seem to go in cycles with my training where it's like 4-5 months exercising, followed by 2-3 months with no exercising. Its a circle that been going on for 4 years now. wish i could stay consistent!
my pullups are the only thing that still are up to par. doing 6 sets of 10 a day. still far down from my ole 8 sets of 16, sigh.

Starchaser107
09-21-2003, 06:09 PM
its not good to start and stop training, you will always have this problem if you train for periods and then neglect your training totally for others. this is not a good thing.
even if you train regularly and you do not train for a good stretch (roughly a month give or take depending on the person) you will find that you will need to take time to build yourself back up to the level you were before.
sporadic training is never a good thing.
try to be more consistent is my only advice.

Vash
09-21-2003, 08:41 PM
I know how you feel . . . kinda. When I'm not injured, I MUST work out. I get all b!tchy if I don't. I love working out.

Been down with his rib thing for about 3 months. Sux @$$. Gonna miss re-testing with my sensei when he goes up for his 4th Degree. Never hurt myself in training, just in fighting.

No Free sparring! Forms/Kata, bagwork only!

Starchaser107
09-21-2003, 09:01 PM
when my ribs were cracked due to training for a kickboxing event i had to hold back from fighting for a while . but otherwise i still put in a little time.

Vash
09-21-2003, 09:54 PM
I'd love to. Right now, it seems the cartilage around the head of the rib is still partially torn, in addition to the muscles around the rib.

Besides, you're probably a bad-@$$ anyways.

;)

:rolleyes:

:o

:D

Starchaser107
09-22-2003, 01:05 AM
if I was ...how do you explain my ribs getting cracked :o :p

Ford Prefect
09-22-2003, 06:57 AM
Hey bro,

Welcome back. I was beginning to wonder what happenned to you. De-training is huge pain the butt and also a huge motivation killer. It really hurts mentally when you hit the gym after an injury or other break and you can't do anything near what you used to be able to do. Just stay consistent and start out slow to build your foundation again, and you'll gain back a lot of strength in no time. It won't take long for nervous system to find those grooves again, and where the mind goes the body follows.

Just take it easy this time man and hold the volume down. Do that and mix up training approaches to keep sessions new and exciting rather than the same old $hit. That should help with the injuries and with the motivation. Good luck. Let me know if I can help at all.

inic
09-22-2003, 05:42 PM
yeh. my motivation is really low. I work overnights, so I sleep all day. wake up at like 5pm, and have only about 6 hours before I have to leave again. I know what youre saying "6 hours is plenty of time!" But you gotta figure I eat when I wake up, which kills 1 hour, since its not good to work out right after eating. Then I usually end up studying or going to my gf's house. I usually just end up doing some pullups and pushups, not much. I'll do some more pushups and horse stances at work, but nothing major. I think a training buddy or buddies would help a lot. Just being by myself doesnt leave much motiviation. my gym membership is just going to waste. 3 months i havent gone. I should have put my membership on hold, dang it!
email me when you got some free time and we'll go work out or something.

blooming lotus
09-22-2003, 10:54 PM
dude its about priorities and I guess yours are elswhere

that may seem harsh but admit it! when ma is not a priority habitually then sorry to break it to you but ma is just not your priority.