PDA

View Full Version : David Lin Speaks on Shuai Chiao!

Water Dragon
09-23-2003, 02:09 PM
read this thread (http://www.emptyflower.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi/YaBB.cgi?board=Xing;action=display;num=1064346092)

count
09-23-2003, 02:14 PM
Too late, I already read this. ;)

neigung
09-23-2003, 02:58 PM
Good stuff!
What are 'pointing' techniques?

Water Dragon
09-23-2003, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by neigung
Good stuff!
What are 'pointing' techniques?

I think they are a way of doing neigung with your fingers.

Stranger
09-23-2003, 03:05 PM
That thread mentions a T.T. Chen that is David Lin's shuai chiao brother living in TN.

Two questions:

Where in TN?

Is he still teaching?

Water Dragon
09-23-2003, 03:07 PM
Sevenstar inquired about TT Chen about a year ago. Master Lin responded that he is not currently accepting students. You may want to contact Master Lin directly with this question. His e-mail can be found at www.combatshuaichiao.com

Stranger
09-23-2003, 04:52 PM
Master Lin responded that he is not currently accepting students

Sheisse

fa_jing
09-23-2003, 06:08 PM
He's giving the real sh!t out in secret late night sessions with his most favored disciples. To each he is teaching a slightly different version of the art. Each believes that he alone is receiving the authentic transmission of the style.

joedoe
09-23-2003, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by fa_jing
He's giving the real sh!t out in secret late night sessions with his most favored disciples. To each he is teaching a slightly different version of the art. Each believes that he alone is receiving the authentic transmission of the style.

He taught me and only me the authentic system. All the others are learning rubbish. :D

lkfmdc
09-23-2003, 06:36 PM
Shuai Jiao is a great martial art, teh REAL David Lin is a fabulous figher whom I respect greatly, but I have no idea why he says silly things about San da???

CaptinPickAxe
09-23-2003, 07:04 PM
:D :D

"I think they are a way of doing neigung with your fingers."

"Then I do neigung for at least 30 minutes"

:eek:

eh? Only teaching favored disciples shuai chiao? Good thing I live down here where kirk is teaching. :)

Edit: Sorry, I forgot I was logged on as CPA. This is SD speaking. (Im not at home)
:)

Water Dragon
09-23-2003, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by CaptinPickAxe

eh? Only teaching favored disciples shuai chiao? Good thing I live down here where kirk is teaching. :)

No. the responce was not accepting students. My teacher is currently not accepting students. He's got a crazy work schedule and no time. A lot of teachers also quit taking students as they get older. Don't be tryin' to get me in trouble SD.

SevenStar
09-23-2003, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by Water Dragon
Sevenstar inquired about TT Chen about a year ago. Master Lin responded that he is not currently accepting students. You may want to contact Master Lin directly with this question. His e-mail can be found at www.combatshuaichiao.com

Unfortunately...

PaulLin
09-23-2003, 11:46 PM
David Lin stop teaching already? He is not too old yet! GM Chang still teaching in his 70's.

Water Dragon
09-24-2003, 06:36 AM
People! Reading is fundamental. Let me reiterate this in very small words.

David Lin posted a comment about a gentleman who does SC in Tennesee

Sevenstar inquired if he was teaching

David Lin said no, the gentleman is not taking students.

Is my writing really that hard to comprehend?

Shaolin-Do
09-24-2003, 06:41 AM
"Don't be tryin' to get me in trouble SD"
:confused: ??

"Is my writing really that hard to comprehend?"

occasionally.
:rolleyes: