PDA

View Full Version : bon sau/lap sau drill.

mtod1
09-23-2003, 05:59 PM
hi all, hope everyone is well.

I know most people here are familiar with the lap/bon sau drill. Does anyone know how to do the changeover from traditional WC, and can you explain how to do it in simple terms.

i think after retreating with a bon sau you come through with a full front step, but i've completely forgotten what the hands are supposed to do.

Would really appreciate it.
Thanks
Seeya

Wingman
09-23-2003, 06:44 PM
I'm not from tranditional WC (TWC?); but this is how we do the changeover in the bong/lap sao drill.

Normally, when your opponent strikes with the left hand, you counter with a right bong sao and your left hand grabs (lap sao) the opponent's striking (left) hand. Your right bong sao becomes a back fist to strike your opponent. Your opponent counters with a left bong sao....and so on and so forth.

This is how we do the changeover:

When your opponent strikes with the left hand, you counter with a right bong sao. But instead of grabbing the opponent's striking (left) hand with your left hand; you use your right bong sao to grab the opponent's right hand. Your opponent's right hand will be forced to do a bong sao because you will use your left hand to strike. Your left hand is now the striking hand. Your opponent will counter your left stiking hand with a right bong sao. Now the changeover is complete. The drill will continue as in a "normal bong/lap sao" drill as described above.

I hope you can understand my description of the changeover of the bong/lap sao drill.

Phil Redmond
09-28-2003, 07:50 PM
I hope this helps.
http://www.wingchunkwoon.com/woodchi.asp#chi

Phil Redmond
10-01-2003, 01:40 AM
EmptyCup,
The tan sau is in the center and not misangled. Some examples are the 2 clips to the left of the fook sau picture.

yuanfen
10-01-2003, 08:31 AM
Phil- I really enjoy your site. You are generous in showing what you do. I enjoyed your lap da with footwork. Some folks get cramped up in lop da.
joy