PDA

View Full Version : How Much Longer?!?!

Vash
09-24-2003, 09:49 AM
How the fudge much longer is it going to take for my GD rib to heal up?! There's no more pain, cracking, break to the bone, it's all on to the muscles and cartilage right now.

X-Rays come out clear. Still able to feel where the last intact rib is, then the dip to the detached sumbich. I'm ready to do some GD pullups, crunches, kata, SOMETHING!

Anyone in-the-know got any idea how much longer? I'm an impatient cripple, I know. This probably ain't enough information to get even a good idea (my doc says about another three weeks, but I figger a bit more) of my recup time.

Just another gripe thread I promised a long time ago I wouldn't repeat.

*Being Gimpy Suxors!*

Shaolin-Do
09-24-2003, 09:57 AM
I had a broken rib and didnt even know until it had already healed... :)

Get someone to massage it, alternate heat/cold on it. Be patient, dont make it worse.

Vash
09-24-2003, 12:18 PM
How do I deal with the waiting, though? Hezus, I've been out of lifting, technique work since the first of July. I'm getting pretty d@mn antsy. As I sit here typing, I feel a bit of tightness forming around the rib. Time to stand up.

There.

I figger before the end of the year, I should be golden.

I friggen hope.

Death to Pain! Death to Suffering! Death to Gimpitude!

Vash
09-25-2003, 08:11 PM
As I sit here writing this, my right abdominals are spasming. I feel the point where my rib slopes gently inward where it shouldn't. My stomach is sticking out in the tried-and-true "sofa-sensei" (or sifu for those playing the home game) pot belly.

And right now, that don't bother me all that much. An' I don' know why.

I've been doing an inordinate amount of praying as of late, mostly for patience. And healing. And Healing. And for my truck to get f*cking fixed. Things like that. Also been NOT fudging the thing up by bending over (too much), tying my shoes, et al.

But, I am quite sure that by the morning, I'll be in a less-than-spiffirific mood. Oh, well. Got that "I-Don't-Hafta-Get-Up-in-the-Morning-and-Do-a-Bunch-of-Abwork" feeling right now, so I think I'm gonna sleep on it.

WTF was this post for? $5 to the MA who figgers this one out.

And no looking for subliminal messages! ;) :rolleyes: :cool:

Serpent
09-25-2003, 08:41 PM
Put down the coffee cup and step away from the espresso machine....

Starchaser107
09-25-2003, 10:53 PM
Oooohhh , thats why you complain of being a cripple. it's ok It'll heal bro.

yu shan
09-26-2003, 05:53 PM
If nothing showed up in x-rays, you may have damaged your intercostal muscle between the ribs. The Fn worst pain I`ve ever had the pleasure of going thru. I have had cracked ribs, but these intercostals are a mf'er. They will make you talk in tongue and drink heavy. Rest man, and get massage therapy.

Vash
09-26-2003, 11:46 PM
Yeah, that's all we can figure at this point, with the exception of damaged cartilage with that. Not a whole lot of pain, just the knowledge (and feeling) that moving in certain ways is verboten.