PDA

View Full Version : Mike Tyson vs. Bruce Lee

jbmmaster
07-03-2001, 12:37 AM
Who do you think would win in a fight? I mean on the street, where there is no rules. Everyone I ask says that Mike Tyson would win, I agree probably in the ring where only puches are aloud and above the waist but outside I think bruce lee would tear his butt up. Though it would probably be half in half, Look at tyson knock guys like nothing in the ring imagine if he wasn't wearing gloves. :eek:

"BEWARE the chi within"

fiercest tiger
07-03-2001, 12:55 AM
tsyon would bit his ears off!:) IMHO TYSON HANDS DOWN! :p

come & visit us!
http://home.iprimus.com.au/ykm
yaukungmun@hotmail.com

jesper
07-03-2001, 12:07 PM
If bruce could be able to keep distance, and slowly wear tyson down, he would win.
If tyson got to land one punch on Bruce, it would be good night, and adios

fiercest tiger
07-04-2001, 04:53 AM
tyson is smart! he wouldnt go after him, he would let him come to him, then out come s that monster hook or the uppercut BAM! OUT GOES THE LITTLE DRAGON!! NIGHT NIGHT!!!! HAHAHAHA

come & visit us!
yaukungmun@hotmail.com

Dark Knight
07-04-2001, 06:49 PM
Tyson trains for many rounds, he is in excellent shape so I dont think Bruce could wear him down. Mike has shown he can close distances fast, and I dont think Bruce could hit him hard enough (Thats why weight classes in Boxing, a light weight couldnt hurt heavyweights)

Martial Joe
07-05-2001, 01:25 AM
a light weight couldnt hurt heavyweights

I beg to differ...

fiercest tiger
07-06-2001, 01:31 PM
i agree! :cool:

come & visit us!
yaukungmun@hotmail.com

wingchunwsl
07-08-2001, 08:50 AM
mike tyson would win in the ring. if there no rules and no gloves, bruce lee would win. he would win with tactics like kicking to the groin, finger jabs, stuff like that. :) :) :) :)

WhiteTiger
07-08-2001, 03:49 PM
Bruce would win on the street!

Dark Knight
07-09-2001, 07:14 AM
Who did bruce ever fight to prove his great ability against another great fighter? Gene Lebelle took him down on the set of the green hornet, so how did he ever prove he could beat a Mike Tyson?

Juggler
07-11-2001, 06:55 AM
In the ring: Mike Tyson

In the street: Even match, with slight advantage towards Bruce Lee.

fiercest tiger
07-13-2001, 07:39 AM
on the street tyson would go off! who said he isnt street wise? you saw him bite hollyfields ears off, god knows what would happen if he grabbed bruce.

bruce to light and wouldnt even land a decent punch on tyson, not a chance. :eek:

come & visit us!
yaukungmun@hotmail.com

UberShaman
07-13-2001, 07:26 PM
Tyson would clobber lee in the ring or street any one who thinks tyson doesnt know how to streetfight needs to do a little research.

Guardian
07-26-2001, 05:43 PM
A litte Question what has Bruce done to earn the reputation as the best fighter EVER...who has he fought ?

Oh thats right, most of you guys don't need proof you just need to beleive in something unsubstantiated. Explains most of your 'fighting' focuses.

Dark Knight
07-26-2001, 07:19 PM
"Oh thats right, most of you guys don't need proof you just need to beleive in something unsubstantiated. Explains most of your 'fighting' focuses. "

I would not say it that way, but experience as much as you can, your MA career is a life long journey, work out with everyone you can while learning your style, but let experience be a teacher and help you see what does work and what doesnt.

LeiWulong
07-27-2001, 12:21 AM
Tyson is a straight fighter. He is used to having straight hits bounce straight off him, glancing off his shoulder or slamming against his gloves. He wouldn't survive a single second against a tactical fighter who moves like water and with lightning quick accuracy. And who says anything about Bruce not having power? His kicks carry as much power as a single sluggishly slow Tyson punch, which he could easily avoid. He is a man who has spent his whole life training and learning. Tyson spent his fighting career getting pounded in the head.
And who says Bruce had to beat anybody big to be a badass? The man was a gung fu God!

Grappling-Insanity
07-27-2001, 03:33 AM
I would go with Tyson on both counts. Tyson would do very well on the street against Bruce. With his very large size advantage and also the fact he is rummored to know the 52 blocks. For more info on 52 blocks go to stick grapplers site.

Armbreaker
07-27-2001, 05:47 PM
Tyson would force Bruce to toss his salad. End of fight right there!

Koing
07-31-2001, 10:34 PM
I think Bruce Lee would win. And people saying Mike is slow is wrong. Hes quick. Most people are quick expect some slow people. But in general most people are quick. It would be a tight fight but I think Bruce being able to kick would give him the advantage. You can kick much harder hten anyone can punch. Also you have better range. Also Bruce will know some grappling moves but I'm not 100% sure myself. Simple to choke someone out easily. Don't need to be strong well as long as your not weak as a fly.

Both are athletes and very good at what they do. Also punching bare knuckles will give some pain to the arms.

I would think Bruce Lee to win.

Also that guy that mentioned Bruce lost a fiight. WHO HASN'T lost a fight in a competitive sport? you can't win THEM ALL. Thats just plain CRAZY for someone to win ALL of them if they stay at the VERY top.

"Bye 4 now; not 4 ever"

Scott
08-18-2001, 10:25 PM
Tyson. Its not that Bruce only lost one fight, its that he LOST THE ONLY FIGHT ANYONE HAS HEARD OF HIM BEING IN, not counting his own personal recollections of fights in Hong Kong while he practiced Wing Chun.

While it is true that kicks generally carry much more power than punches, Tyson's arms are probably stronger than Bruce's legs =P

Felt the need to add this--you people are thinking like Tyson is some untrained street fighter. Tyson is one of, if not THE ABSOLUTE BEST fighter in his style in the world.

-Scott

"Life is hard, but so am I." -- The Eels.

Bak Mei
08-19-2001, 06:40 PM
Mike Tyson the fighter would destroy Bruce Lee the actor, bruce lee the study WC for 3 years and then denounce every style while taking there best techniques (as if you could after a short intro) and then creating his own style, get this, on no style.

Be for real. Tyson has size and power. Now, as a MA for over 23 years I know that does not mean everything (but a hell of a lot) but he has skill too. He is a fighter, a **** good one. Bruce lee would buckle under one of his blows.

I do not consider Bruce Lee a high level Martial Artist.

Stillness in the heart of motion.

HuangKaiVun
08-25-2001, 03:36 PM
Bruce Lee would bite Tyson's ear, among other appendages.

Killer Nerd
08-25-2001, 05:54 PM
Bruce would TOTALLY win!! Both in the ring AND on the street! JKD is 1/3 boxing! Secondly, Bruce was (and that may still stand today) probably THE fastest man ever!!! How could Tyson hit Bruce if every punch he threw, Bruce either blocked,parried,and countered with one just as powerful before Tyson even got his punch midrange? IMPOSSIBLE! You think the power behind Bruce's one inch punch was BS? And that was just ONE inch. Imagine if Lee hit Tyson with a full force all out hit using all his momentum and inertia? Bruce once kicked an opponent the length of a swimming pool! Bruce was much more tactically diverse and smart of a fighter. In fact, for this same reason..I'd say Muhammed Ali at his best would have ALSO beaten Tyson.

white-ape
09-03-2001, 02:29 PM
If Bruce Lee was involved in a one on one street fight with Mike Tyson, Bruce Lee will kick his ass because there are no rulz and gloves involved
to stop Bruce Lee from attacking vonurable points
wich would put him out action, such as the groin,throat,eyes,temple and brake his legs and arms if they are locked and over exstended and all this would happen before Mike Tyson could blink.Bruce Lee would just duck under Mike Tyson's big swings and counter strike him in the
throat causing him to make a gagging sound. His weight would shift in the opposite direction from which it was struck giving Bruce Lee a follow up for his next move.
If you's all think that a kung Fu expert could easily be beaten up by a great boxer then you should give up Kung Fu and take up boking. :confused:

MixedMartialArtist
09-03-2001, 04:18 PM
I don't know what other training Tyson has had outside of boxing (somebody mentioned the 52 blocks) but, most boxers don't expect and don't know how to defend against low-line attacks. If Tyson gets tagged in the knees a few times, the fight is over.

origenx
09-04-2001, 05:10 AM
Dark Knight - well, yeah we've all heard about Gene heaving Bruce up on his shoulders or whatever, but so what? If they were just horsing around or Gene was just demo'ing a technique, Bruce was probably just being a cooperative uke. Nothing against either guy, but I don't think you can assume that they were seriously goin' at it! So, I don't think something like that would mean much either way...

Dark Knight
09-05-2001, 10:27 PM
Its an old story, Gene talked about it and people who were there. He got tired of bruce and took him down. Its not a big deal to a guy like Gene, he was a champion fighter who beat other top fighters, Bruce was an actor, why would he want to make up a story about what happened, no one questions Genes ability....but then he did prove it by fighting everyone.

Dark Knight
09-05-2001, 11:15 PM
Again, who did Bruce fight to prove his great ability to beat Tyson?

Horatio Algiers
09-07-2001, 03:46 AM
Tyson,

All he has to do is dig up Bruce's remains and he's free to use whatever technigue he chooses (Except for biting the ear, they probably rotted away years ago)

Merryprankster
09-08-2001, 12:54 PM
lessee... 134 lbs of soaking wet bruce vs 200+ of Tyson.

Folks, this isn't even a contest. Tyson has the ability to knock out heavyweights, and he knows how to lead with a jab to open up combos. The idea that Bruce could somehow avoid every blow is preposterous. In any fight, barring EXTREME disparity in skill and a healthy dose of luck, both participants are going to get hit. Tyson can easily survive getting hit or kicked by a 134 lb man, no matter how fast. Could Bruce have absorbed shots from Tyson? Not many.

A boxer's crouch nullifies the effect of most of the knee kicks people were talking about. A bent knee is far harder to break than a straight one. Tyson also throws flat footed punches. This "roots" the leg, making it far stiffer and more solid.

Count your throws out. This would require Bruce to close with Tyson. Very bad tactically since Tyson is known for the power of his inside shots.

Boxers don't leave their punches laying out, so forget your joint locks, you won't have time... and the temple, throat and eye attacks are places on the body the boxer is trained to protect by keeping their hands up...

Who the heck mentioned looping punches in their post? You ever seen Tyson fight? He doesn't loop his punches and he's not slow. As a short, lighter heavy weight, Tyson has learned to make the most of powerful sharp, short punches because he's had to fight INSIDE to avoid the longer reach of his opponents

Also, vulnerable points? All the ones mentioned are close range weapons with the possible exception of a groin kick. Do YOU want to close with Tyson? Still, you have to put that foot down from the kick, and when you do, Tyson is sure to follow... counter punching is NOT foreign to boxers, and this is simply an extension of the principle.

These kinds of responses were on the REALITY thread? Goodness...

fmann
09-08-2001, 09:39 PM
In support of merryprankster and Tyson, he's trained to absorb punishment from 200+ lb'ers w/o a helmet. I don't recall Bruce training to absorb punishment from heavyweights in the ring w/o the helmets and gloves he's always seen using.

I was always under the impression that Thai knee kicks aim for the leg that bears more of the weight, aiming to disrupt the delicate force balance held by the ligaments and tendons. The more force on the knee, the more effective the kick will be? So knee kicks might be effective.

Merryprankster
09-09-2001, 04:00 AM
fair enough fmann.

I guess my point was more that the physical bulk of tyson's leg, and his strength, will tend to "lock" his joints more in place and make it harder for them to get taken out.

I believe Muay Thai also has a more upright stance than boxing, but that's probably a personal preference.

I think a more realistic matchup might be Prince Naseem or some such lighter person against bruce. Whole different ball game.

BIU JI
09-10-2001, 03:03 PM
You're all wrong because CHUCK NORRIS would come along and kick all yo ass!! Yo can't beat the Texas Rangers man!!!

Repulsive Monkey
09-10-2001, 09:17 PM
For the last time get over it will you lot with this folly. Why waste valuable training time by thinking up such nonsensical subject matters about a fight that would never happen even if the one other component (who is dead thus voiding the whole fantasy) were up for it. Dreaming is when your asleep at night in bed (unless you're not single!!). During the daylight hours it would do better to concentrate on whats available and real.

LEGEND
09-17-2001, 10:23 PM
I'm a fan of Bruce Lee and he was a pretty good Martial Artist. Scott is BSing in his post as usual for a 15 year old who hasn't been training long enuf to know the world LOL. But I agree with Merry...realistically MIKE would hand BRUCE his ass! Whoever wrote that MIKE has slow looping punches has never BOXED and have no idea what full contact sparring is. LOL...MIKE is as technical as u get in his prime...he did not take a lot of head blows...he studied under CUS DMATO and his peekaboo style of fighting...JESUS some peeps here are lame!

A

AbraxasXIII
09-22-2001, 09:12 AM
LeBell didn't take Bruce down. He playfully picked him up and they became friends afterward.

http://www.genelebell.com/stories.asp#1brucelee

LeBell choked out Steven Seagal because he thought he was obnoxious.

As far as Tyson being so big and bad, I only have two words.

Buster .... Douglas

Aramus
09-28-2001, 03:47 PM
I believe this would be a quick fight. Bruce Lee was in quite a few fights (not in the ring...check out books and such). Many people mention the short fights he has been in, if you don't believe me, READ! If you would like to go on what you heard, don't bother to reply, you haven't a clue, debate is useless.
I believe that Mike Tyson is TOUGH, and that he would be a great street fighter ("So I bit his ear"), but his eyes, groin, and knees are just as vulernable as anyone else. Especially with someone who is quicker than him. Bruce Lee would probably get the edge with some devestating hits to some sensitive areas. Afterall, this isn't boxing or kickboxing or NHB. This is survival.

gazza99
09-30-2001, 05:10 AM
Im sure Billy blanks would use his tae bo and beat them both!!

"Of course thats just my opinion, I could be wrong"-Dennis Miller
www.pressurepointfighting.com (http://www.pressurepointfighting.com)

toddbringewatt
09-30-2001, 11:28 AM
Good point, Aramus.

Tyson trained to box. Bruce trained to survive.

"Bruce Leroy. That's who!"

wufupaul
09-30-2001, 06:31 PM
Tyson is awesome, but Bruce was even better. Bruce trained with good boxers; it was either Jesse Glover or James Demile that was an air force boxing champ, and Daniel Lee was a western boxing champ in China until he moved to the states. He had a great amount of respect for boxers, and he learned their style. Also, Bruce has trained with a plethora of different body types; if he could move in and hit Kareem Abdul Jabar and move back out without getting hit, then I think that he could move in and out on normal sized people, too.

In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about
life. IT GOES ON.

wckf
09-30-2001, 11:30 PM
I would like to know how many fight Bruce fought inside and outside the ring.

It pretty lame to equate a man who has repeatedly KO some of the world's best and toughest fighter against someone who doesn't have a verifiable fighting record.

In fact, I submit that Bruce wouldn't even be able to handle decent lightweight pro boxer.

Fighting is not only about speed and technic but it also depends on one's ability to take a punch and experience when under pressure.

freestyle_judo
10-28-2001, 10:25 AM
Bruce would kick Mike's arse. Bruce is the ultimate all-dimensional fighter, whereas Tyson is a boxer. Bruce Lee was the first MMA practioner, so he must kick arse!!!!!

-Nick-

-Freestyle Judo-
"Kicking your arse the gentle way."

Nin-Po-Dragon
10-30-2001, 06:13 AM
Bruce Lee would destroy Mike Tyson!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mike Tyson is nothing ans alot of people could smash him! He is a boxer! He has 2 weapons! Bruce has about 15 weapons! Bruce is smarter! Has knowledge of boxing! Bruce would kick him to death! I am offended at the responses I have read!
Everyone puts bruce lee down! Do any of u people study or even do martial arts? Any one that does martial arts would KNOW that bruce would beat a boxer! Hasnt anyone seen a boxer VS a kickboxer?
The kickboxer annialates the boxer simply because he has been trained to use MORE weapons! Not to mention Bruce was very smart and Mike Tyson was very dumb! In a fight the smarter man wins cause he has more knowledge on the bodys vulnerable points! Mike Tyson was just a stupid and mindless
puncher! I could beat him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reima Kostaja
10-30-2001, 03:36 PM
:D

CD Lee
10-30-2001, 07:06 PM
The infamous groing hit. Now...Tyson would close the distance exteemly fast, and Bruce would side step to the left and deliver a quick kick to the side of Tysons knee. Tyson is ok...but he as he turns to face Bruce, Bruce would quicly close the gap and thrust his incredible front kick into Tyson's GROIN so fast that Tyson would not be able to stop it. Fight over. I think Bruce could pull it off, but only if he did not go down or get pulled into a clinch with Mike. Get real.

In the ring? With boxing rules???!!! Are you guys on dope? Tyson would put Lee in the hospital.

The Willow Sword
11-04-2001, 08:39 AM
Bruce Lee was a martial artist who got discovered by holly wood and the chinese film making industry. HE was a performance martial artist,,he set down good moves on the television and at the time they were considered great. his fighting ability seems to draw not from the street but from the screen. Mike Tyson is a FIGHTER,,but i doubt that he would ever consider a match with lee considering that bruce lee is DEAD,,HES DEAD HES DEAD HES DEAD. so are we gonna dig him up wire a 10 volt battery to his ass to wake him up and put him in front of mike tyson???? COme on already kids there are better things to discuss here. how about this topic: who do you think would be a better lay; michelle yeuo or xhang xu yi?
Many respects, willow sword.
oh and i say michelle yeou would :D

Whatever you think i am or want me to be,,, i am.
Luke?! Luke?! dont give into hate. That leads to the dark side.
Obi Wan Kenobi,,star wars, empire strikes back.

kungfu cowboy
11-07-2001, 04:28 PM
But what about Mr. Miyagi vs. Tyson? Not so easy to answer...

MartialKnight
11-08-2001, 10:58 AM
Jackie had a very sad background which I don't want to get into.
He actually did spend his whole life in the theaters and Martial Arts.
He deserves EVERY SINGLE bit of these guys fame.