PDA

View Full Version : Bruising easily :(

AndyC
09-24-2003, 05:48 PM
Ok i've searched the forum and there seems to be plenty of threads about how to 'treat' bruises and about dit da jow.
But no one has mentioned anything about how to 'prevent' them or at least having less severe looking bruises. Obviously not getting hit is a good way :) However, say forearm conditioning, u can't not get bruises off that unless your a veteran.

I've heard that it's possible that there could be something lacking in my diet? Apparently eating lots of green peppers, green veg and upping vit C should help? Can someone confirm this?

thx.

IronFist
09-25-2003, 12:49 PM
Anemics or something bruise easily. That's probably not you, though. Amenia is caused by a lack of iron. But, if you're a guy don't take iron supplements cuz you probably get enough from your diet already.

I dunno. I guess conditioned limbs would bruise less than nonconditioned ones?

Golden Arms
09-25-2003, 01:11 PM
We do lots of limb conditioning at my school, and here is what I have found personally. I will preface this by saying that I am not making any scientific claims, but instead using knowledge from doing this stuff 5-7 days a week. Spicy foods, especially a lot of it (my personal weakness) seems to make you keep a little more water or something in your tissues, thus causing you to be a bit more 'mushy' and easily bruised. Same with stuff that is very acidic in general. Also, eating red meat helps a bit, but that doesnt mean eating ONLY red meat :) Just keep a balanced diet, get your iron, and watch that Deep Fried, Salty, and Spicy food intake. After you have conditioned for a while, you wont be able to bruise to save your life if you do it right :)