PDA

View Full Version : Daily workout, Sept. 25

Cheese Dog
09-25-2003, 12:16 AM
Thought I would start this one, since I'm doing something a little different.
I wanted to work in some Olympic style lifts, it's been a couple of years since I practiced them, although I used to do them quite alot. With this in mind, I'm going to do 2-3 weeks of the following, as a break-in period and to get my technique back.

Monday (heavy)
Barbell complex:
Full Clean
Push Jerk
Squat Push Press
Straight leg Deadlift
5 sets of 5 reps, with 1 minute between sets. In this protocol you do 5 reps of the first exercise, then go to the next immediately until you finish 5 reps of each, the bar doesn't leave your hands until all 20 reps are done, then rest 1 minute, and repeat 4 more times. (Because the weights have to be pretty light this'll help groove the movements for me. Plus it's great cardio!)

Wednesday (light)
Barbell complex:
Upright Row
High-pull Snatch
Squat Push Press
Good Morning
Bent Row
Same as before, except 6 reps on each, rather than 5.

Friday (medium)
Barbell complex:
Low hang Clean
Low hang Split Snatch
Low hang Clean and Jerk
Military Press
All for 5 sets of 5 reps.

Any advice or comments would be appreciated.

Ford Prefect
09-25-2003, 06:27 AM
Definately good stuff. It's smart to have only one real heavy day so you won't kill yourself the other two sessions. It's also smart to go light and just get a lot of reps in to groove the movement. The only thing I might recommend is for one of the days to be really light (40-55% your 1RM) and only do 1-3 reps per set, but to do a boat load of sets explosively and with 1/2 your current rest.

Cheese Dog
09-26-2003, 11:40 AM
That's a good idea Ford. Think I'll do that on my light day.

Thanks,
Cheese Dog

Shaolin-Do
09-26-2003, 11:59 AM
still not up on all my weight lifting terminology, whats 1RM? 1 rep max?

Ford Prefect
09-26-2003, 12:32 PM
yup

fa_jing
09-27-2003, 10:36 AM
Sat. morning - new PR - 20 jerks with 2 x 53 lb. kettlebells

upper back got stiff, had to cut the workout short. But I'm glad I reached my goal, since this is the last time I will be jerking for the season, with the cold weather coming in...

Vash
09-27-2003, 04:13 PM
WTF?! It's getting cold! Gotta keep the body temp up!!!

yu shan
09-27-2003, 06:55 PM
cold sucks