PDA

View Full Version : Respect for Dj Vadim

CaptinPickAxe
09-25-2003, 12:45 PM
Last night I went and saw Dj Vadim on 6th street in Austin. The only connection between him and Martial Arts is his Record Label Ninja Tune. Anyhow, most artist when they finish a set and say, "I'm so-and-so, thank you good night," and walk in the back only to never be seen again. Dj Vadim went up front to give hand shakes and say thanks. Doesn't it seem that too many musicians are treating themselves like the president?

Props to Vlad!

MasterKiller
09-26-2003, 08:20 AM
Musicians run a close second to actors for the most pretentious @sses in the world. Even garage band musicians and local community theater actors think they are the shiznit, when in all actuality, they are shunned in normal aspects of society. They adopt high aires as self-defense mechanism, kinda like short-man syndrome.

I find it extremely ironic because, of all the fine arts, musicians and actors are pretty much collaborators, not creators. Who makes a movie? The director, the editor, the cinema-photographer, the actor, the writer....? Who makes a good album? The composer, the singer, the bassist, the drummer, the producer....? While some great peope do trancend beyond the collaborative phase, most don't. If anything, most of them are simply a piece in the puzzle.

Chang Style Novice
09-26-2003, 08:40 AM
"Musicians run a close second to actors for the most pretentious @sses in the world."

You really need to spend more time at gallery openings.:D

Shaolin-Do
09-26-2003, 10:44 AM
"The composer, the singer, the bassist, the drummer, the producer"
<--- all of those rolled into one fat doober of a musician.
:eek:
:)
what about the guitarist or a pianist?
:)

Vash
09-27-2003, 06:26 PM
huh huh, you said 'pianist.'

Kristoffer
09-28-2003, 03:44 PM
better recognize

CaptinPickAxe
10-02-2003, 12:32 PM
If you forget where you came from, you'll never know where your going...

dwid
10-02-2003, 12:40 PM
The quote in your sig is misattributed. Hunter didn't come up with that, Edmund Burke did.

Check it out:
http://www.bartleby.com/66/18/9118.html

CaptinPickAxe
10-06-2003, 01:12 PM
is your avatar what I think it is, dwid?

Kristoffer
10-07-2003, 06:27 AM
.....an eight ball

:o

dwid
10-07-2003, 09:47 AM
is your avatar what I think it is, dwid?

I don't know. It's a picture of me from a halloween event I did security for last year. All the security guys were covered in black body paint.

Nobody bothered to let anyone know we were security, though, so people didn't know what the hell was up. Fun stuff.

:D