PDA

View Full Version : ATT: San Shou-ians-Need Help

Water Dragon
09-26-2003, 09:07 AM
OK, here's the deal. I'm going to see the local fight promoter tonight. I'm gonna play with some of his boys (NHB) and talk to him about the possibility of Organizing a San Shou team (and hopefully some fights) in the Chicagoland area.

Right now, it's in the veryt beginning stages and it's just me (SC guy) and the Crip (Muay Thai and Boxing guy)

They have some fighters and apparently a Muay Thai coach from Thailand just opened shop and is involved now.

With your expereience, how should I proceed with this? I basically have ACSCA backing, but I'd like to get some support (and fight under) the USKBA

Help me make this happen East Coast guys.

Suntzu
09-26-2003, 09:12 AM
couldnt tell ya... but make it happen... i would luv to come out to the Chi and do the thang...

Water Dragon
09-26-2003, 09:34 AM
Almost forgot. The guy puts on one helluva show. Here's his site

www.ironheartcrown.com

lkfmdc
09-26-2003, 09:37 AM
Are you guys coming to NJ in November? It is the best experience for a new team to do a competition, we'd be able to sit down and talk about stuff with USKBA, etc.... maybe even get the promoter to come to see what this sport is like

Water Dragon
09-26-2003, 09:44 AM
I really want to, but financially I just can't right now. I'm starting the job hunt next month though, so hopefully pretty soon that wont be a problem. Maybe we'll be able to bring a team for you as well.

Water Dragon
09-26-2003, 09:53 AM
Dave, I almost forget. This guy is looking to start sanctioning some Thai Rule Kickboxing as well. Can you help with that? That may be a great lead in into the San Shou scene around here.

lkfmdc
09-26-2003, 10:16 AM
we can hook him up with USKBA... let me know how to contact him or have him email me at davidross@nykkgym.com