PDA

View Full Version : The Question about SD

MonkeySlap Too
09-27-2003, 06:51 PM
While it is popular to make fun of SD because of the Gi's, or the questionable history - these alone are not the key concerns. There are other groups that adopted Gi's - the Tang Shou Tao group in Taiwan for instance - whose very name translates to China Hand Way - just like the original writing for Karate.

But the difference is in the training methods. Tang Shou Tao is a recognizable CMA with CMA training principles. SD teaches Karate one-step sparring and calls it 'combat kung fu'.

Since Sin The' came from Indonesia, a melting pot of styles and fantastic claims, I'd be pretty open-minded to the SD thing, and even a hybrid karate/cma mix. But the 'true' Shaolin style - fat chance. When you look at the training methodology, and the obvious lack of CMA body mechanics for most of the 'styles' they teach, and the claims of ancient heritage for bad copies of forms that were invented after WW2 - well lets just say the empty barrel makes the most noise.

crazymaddrunk
09-27-2003, 06:55 PM
YAAAAAWWWWN

THIS AGAIN? MONKEYSLAPPER, YOU'RE AN IDIOT. SHUT UP ALREADY AND QUIT WHINING.

crazymaddrunk
09-27-2003, 06:57 PM
"creating bruises since 1980"

MORE LIKE CREATING BRUISES ON YOUR WIFE AND KIDS YOU W U S S

trilobite
09-27-2003, 07:04 PM
(I really could care less about the origins of our system. It's the material that counts. And I assure you that they are real, I've seen Masters of full systems do the exact same stuff we do.)

If you really care so much then just politely request of Grandmaster Sin or any of our Masters for that matter a sparring match. If they even do decide to honor your request I can promise you that they'll promptly bury your sorry ass into the ceiling. There's an old saying that you shouldn't talk the talk if you can't walk the walk. If you really are questioning the abilities of the material in our system, why not question it PHYSICALLY.
Until you do make that choice, **** off and let us live our lives the way we choose.

trilobite
09-27-2003, 07:05 PM
I don't believe that. I can say ass but I can't say p***??????? What the crap is up with that.

crazymaddrunk
09-27-2003, 07:11 PM
IT'S VERY EASY TO ANSWER YOUR POST TRILOBITE, EVERYONE ON HERE TALKS BIG, BUT DON'T HAVE THE B A L L S OR GUTS TO DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT.

IT'S 100% PURE COWARDICE THAT RUNS RAMPANT ON THIS BOARD

PUT YOUR MONEY WHERE YOUR MOUTHS ARE, SD BASHERS, YOUR FREAKIN GIRLIE COWARDS

David Jamieson
09-27-2003, 09:25 PM
alright, settle down. I'm closing this thread cause the emotions are too high (and possibly the posters) :D

cheers