PDA

View Full Version : Dirty Tricks

Raimondo
07-05-2001, 09:00 PM
Do any of you approve of using dirty tricks in a street fight? If so, what do you do? I know a couple, such as subsituting a jab for an eyepoke.

JerryLove
07-05-2001, 09:29 PM
I don't believe there is such a thing as a "dirty trick" in a fight.

What, killing them by hitting them over the head with a stick is OK, but hitting them in the groin is "foul play"?

Losttrak
07-05-2001, 09:30 PM
When it comes to a street fight there is NO SUCH THING as dirty fighting. There is only survival. How futile is it to apply rules to a life or death situation? "Gee, I am lying here disemboweled but I sure was honorable!" In street-fighting, its the nice guys who are pushing up daisies.

"If you and I agree all the time, then one of us is unnecessary."

MIKSANSOO
07-05-2001, 10:09 PM
all of my training is mostly "dirty tricks". Why bother hitting a guy 4 to 5 times when you can reduce to 1 or 2. if he considered it dirty he shouldn't have messed with you.

devere
07-06-2001, 12:34 AM
Man...AMEN to all 3 of your guys' answers. Whenever I hear someone say the phrase "oh, he's a dirty fighter" - well then, most likely he's going to be the winner. It's FIGHTING to survive, not to get an instant replay on a tele-promt.

S.Teebas
07-06-2001, 07:17 AM
You must be new to MA's?? i guess you are because when my friends ask me somthing like "How would you defend against [insert attack here]. And when i say how it depends on multipe variables, such as size of the guy the amount of people attacking me etc.. and say "Well supose there are 3 guys over 6 foot tall all coming for me, id punch them in the throat, gauge the eyes, groin shots..whatever" I see this look of horror on their faces. And they are all saying "Oh, man! thats so cheap blah blah blah..etc..."
If you're in a fight your opponent has one objective...BEAT YOUR BODY TO A PULP! .....still a hard decision for you if its considered cheap?

S.Teebas

Violence: Pleace consider! :cool:

stubbs
07-06-2001, 11:57 AM
although eye gouging and throat jabbing are probably the most effective target areas they are small points to target and can be hard to strike because of the precision. when sparing i very rarely get an eye poke or throat jab in but i do get alot of below the belt strikes and kicks in :D the knee is also a nice target if you're precise enough. another one which people dont usualy use is hair pulling, i would probably only use that as a secondary move though.

"satisfaction loses,and humility gains"

JerryLove
07-06-2001, 09:00 PM
I usually find that very quickly in sparring one person or the other has a "bowling ball" hold on the opponents head (fingers in the eyesocketc, twisting the neck up and around).

This lasts for about 2 seconds until that guy is on the floor with the other person sitting on top of him. (trouble picturing, look at the gallery on my site (www.clearsilat.com))

SevenStar
07-07-2001, 02:01 AM
LOL! Dirty tricks in a street fight? street fighting is not fighting in the ring or the octagon - THERE ARE NO RULES. When you realize that this is so, you will see that in a real fight there are no such things as dirty tricks, only effective techniques. If you are fighting multiple opponents or someone with a weapon, will you refrain from using certain techniques because you think they're dirty?

Also, be careful if you try to substitute an eye gouge for a jab....your target will be moving, which makes getting his eyes alot harder. You may end up with jammed or broken fingers.

-SevenStar©
Step right up and get it -- whoever wants [defeat]
Come not between the dragon and his wrath...

Raimondo
07-07-2001, 10:13 PM
The main reason of my question was to try to find out some new dirty tricks, rather than being shouted at for the way I phrased my question, trying not to offend some of you who may believe in a 'code of honour'

MIKSANSOO
07-08-2001, 08:19 PM
pick a part of the body and I'll tell you some :)

rogue
07-09-2001, 05:23 AM
I'd say research it on your own for your style. No offense, but I don't know you and wouldn't share any real dirty tricks. If you want great streetfighting books look at the ones by Marc MacYoung.

Rogue, you're an @ss!! Watchman

Adventure is just a romantic name for trouble. It sounds swell when you write about it, but it's hell when you meet it face to face in a dark and lonely place.
Louis L'Amour

BTW, did I mention that Rogue was an @ss? Watchman

Weapon-Maker
07-15-2001, 09:46 PM
Hit the guy in the face with a large ball bearing.(works well and can be disfiguring)