PDA

View Full Version : ATTN: Gigi Oh

norther practitioner
09-30-2003, 11:57 AM
Hey, MK and I have been bugging Gene for a while for a copy of the pict. that you got of a couple of us out near the pond at Taiji Legacy... Is there a chance of getting a copy of that emailed? Oh, and it was a pleasure meeting you (and a few of the guys from the forums).

Thanks,

NP

:D

norther practitioner
10-02-2003, 02:04 PM
Thanks Gigi!

Volcano Admim
10-02-2003, 02:17 PM
can i have one too?
:confused:

norther practitioner
10-03-2003, 08:58 AM
/In soup Nazi voice/

No pic. for you!;)

GeneChing
10-03-2003, 09:07 AM
Gigi was going to make you pay for it by only running it in the print mag. :p

MasterKiller
10-03-2003, 09:28 AM
NP,

Did she send it to you? I want a copy.

Gene,
Is it going to be in one of the magazines?

norther practitioner
10-03-2003, 11:59 AM
Yeah, I just got it...

pm me you email addy or something.

GeneChing
10-03-2003, 12:27 PM
...she'll probably throw it in.

I STILL HAVEN'T SEEN THE PHOTO!

typical...:rolleyes:

norther practitioner
10-03-2003, 12:52 PM
Gene, I guess you'll just have to wait until the issue comes out....lol:D

MasterKiller
10-03-2003, 12:56 PM
Buddha be praised that I don't look retarded. Well, not too retarded, at least.

norther practitioner
10-03-2003, 03:55 PM
Me on the other hand...:rolleyes: lol

those came out nice though....

GeneChing
10-06-2003, 09:07 AM
... at least being Assoc. Publisher around here, I don't have to wait all the way 'til we hit newsstands. :rolleyes:

All good things in all good time.

Serpent
10-09-2003, 12:13 AM
You guys want to attach the pic to the thread here? Be interesting to see your mugs for real.

Xebsball
10-09-2003, 04:26 AM
they have no respect

norther practitioner
10-09-2003, 08:43 AM
You'll just have to wait for the issue like everyone else... plus I'm quite scared of some of your photoshop skills....

MasterKiller
10-09-2003, 09:03 AM
I'm sure Serpent has access to a scanner. Once the mag comes out, we are doomed.

norther practitioner
10-09-2003, 09:23 AM
d'oh!:D

GeneChing
10-09-2003, 10:25 AM
Or better yet, subscribe (http://store.yahoo.com/martialartsmart/19341.html)! Support our beloved forum! Besides, if you get the pic in the issue, you can hang in on your wall and throw darts at it. That's not as fun against your computer screen. :p

Still waiting to see that pic. I'll let you know when I do...

norther practitioner
10-11-2003, 01:39 PM
Oh,just brag about it why don't you Gene.:D

Serpent
10-12-2003, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by GeneChing
Or better yet, subscribe (http://store.yahoo.com/martialartsmart/19341.html)! Support our beloved forum! Besides, if you get the pic in the issue, you can hang in on your wall and throw darts at it. That's not as fun against your computer screen. :p

Still waiting to see that pic. I'll let you know when I do...

I've told you before, mighty assistant publisher: Do something about your criminal shipping charges and you'd get a lot more overseas business. As it is, I need to eat, so you get no orders from me.

Serpent
10-12-2003, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by MasterKiller
I'm sure Serpent has access to a scanner. Once the mag comes out, we are doomed.

You might as well end it all now.

GeneChing
10-13-2003, 10:41 AM
It's pretty good. You guys struck some nice poses. Here I was thinking it would be some kind of lame, sit-on-my-butt-too-much-on-the-forum pic, but you guys look like you actuallly do kung fu :p

Seriously, you guys look good and the pic will be in Gigi's article in the next issue.

Serpent - Sorry about the shipping - that's beyond my control. Beleive me, I'd do something about it if I could.

MasterKiller
10-13-2003, 12:30 PM
Well, if you ever get a chance to watch GiGi's footage, you can see my monk spade form in action! In which case, you can see me lose my balance on the sit-down stance, which was, perhaps, a by-product of spending too much time on the forum.

Actually, I usually only get online while I'm at work. I've actually got things to do at home.

GeneChing
10-14-2003, 09:30 AM
... who knows where that footage is? :rolleyes:

But I'm with you MK, I only forum at work. Wait a minute, the forum is part of my work. It would be more fun if I didn't have to squeeze it in with all my other work. Actually, it's a pretty fun part of my work, barring the endless newbie questions about how to register.... :cool:

Tak
10-14-2003, 09:35 AM
How do I register?

norther practitioner
10-14-2003, 09:36 AM
I've actually got things to do at home.
You just keep telling yourself that... I'm sure the little one keeps you guys busy...:D

barring the endless newbie questions about how to register

Or about how to become a monk...:p

sit-on-my-butt-too-much-on-the-forum pic

But I am sitting in the photo.

GeneChing
10-15-2003, 10:16 AM
lol

tak - you'd be amazed how many people have troubles with applying. amazed. the result fo too many blows to the head, perhaps....

np - sure you're sitting in the pic. that's the way we should all be sitting when we post on the forum. then we'd have the hardest **** forum ever.

norther practitioner
10-15-2003, 10:57 AM
then we'd have the hardest **** forum ever

In some ways we do....:D

GeneChing
10-17-2003, 11:26 AM
Gigi's cueing up MK's performance now. ;)

MasterKiller
10-17-2003, 01:31 PM
do'h!

Tak
10-17-2003, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by GeneChing
tak - you'd be amazed how many people have troubles with applying. amazed. the result fo too many blows to the head, perhaps....
I'm a software engineer. No amount of human ineptitude, especially related to computing, will surprise me.

norther practitioner
10-18-2003, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by Tak

I'm a software engineer. No amount of human ineptitude, especially related to computing, will surprise me.

Try being a roadway engineer.....:D

Kungfuren
10-19-2003, 10:15 AM
I second that... validation engineering has its fair share of wackiness as well. my favorite is absolutely poor project planning. sometimes i think my discipline (QE) should be re-named "lack-of quality" engineering.

norther practitioner
10-21-2003, 08:09 AM
Well, at least we're getting in the mag.....:D

Starchaser107
10-21-2003, 09:23 AM
when is it coming out?

GeneChing
10-21-2003, 09:34 AM
It'll be on stand in early December. A nice little xmas present...:)

MasterKiller
10-21-2003, 10:46 AM
Gene,
What'd you think of my monk spade form?

norther practitioner
10-21-2003, 11:53 AM
I've just noticed the silence...lol ;)

Gigi must have gotten some good footage on Sat. though.. there was a lot of stuff going on, and she seemed to get a lot of shots.

MasterKiller
10-21-2003, 11:57 AM
d'oh!

norther practitioner
10-21-2003, 01:18 PM
Well I've already said it's a nice form done well (other than the sitdown stance).

MasterKiller
10-21-2003, 01:27 PM
I've got 2 better version on tape that I was gonna post here. I haven't converted them yet, though. Also thought about putting up Tongbei Chuan.

norther practitioner
10-21-2003, 01:57 PM
Well, I'm sure you'll let us know when you do get them converted. On another not.. where have I seen that picture in your avi before?

lol

:D

Starchaser107
10-21-2003, 03:34 PM
is it really possible to upload video clips from ones personal computer? what format if its possible, mpeg or avi? I'd like to post some stuff here as well.

GeneChing
10-21-2003, 04:27 PM
What did I think of your monk spade? About as much as I think of your new avatar. :eek:
Actually, I still haven't seen it. Gigi said she was going to queue it up and that was days ago. We're right up against our submission deadline and this issue has a lot of little loose ends, so things are really choatic in the office now. Which is a long winded way of saying I STILL HAVEN'T SEEN IT. Crazy, huh? Typical. Imagine a Chinese fire drill. Then imagine one with a deadline. That might give you an inkling of the tone of our office most of the time. :rolleyes:

norther practitioner
10-22-2003, 10:45 AM
Maybe you guys should stop wasting so much time on the internet, reading FHM, taking naked pictures of the got qi girls, and write up some articles......

on second thought, keep taking the pictures, but stop all that other stuff.:D

GeneChing
10-22-2003, 03:02 PM
...I wish. ;) Still a few loose ends to close before this issue is down. Then there are major loose ends before the next issue can begin. No rest for the wicked, eh? Send in those nekkid pics.

norther practitioner
10-22-2003, 03:24 PM
Oh, I've been meaning to say though, whats up with articles scattered throughout the mag recently, it seems you'll have a 6 page article in like 3 spots, etc. I know a lot of mags will have the ending to articles in the back, but has seemed to jump more lately.

GeneChing
10-23-2003, 09:24 AM
Articles get split up for several reasons. One might be that they are on the long side. Another might be that the issue is tight - meaning there is more content - so that the articles are squeezing each other, forcing them to split. There are also issues of lead pages, facing ad pages and our color to B&W ratio.

Irregardless, I think you'll find us to be more linear than most magazines, except maybe some of the smaller ones. Take for example our last issue. We had about a dozen features, and half a dozen short pieces. The other two leading magazines average less than ten features and a dozen columns. We have a lower page count, which allows us to be a dollar less on our newsstand price.

norther practitioner
10-23-2003, 10:08 AM
If you say so...:rolleyes:

GeneChing
10-24-2003, 09:26 AM
In the 2003 Shaolin Special (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/magazine/article.php?article=397) I'm looking at a significant split in the first story (United Nation, Divided Shaolin). There's a back of the mag pick up in the Liu Baoshan, Chen Tongshan and Liang Yiquan stories, all clustered together in the end. the rest are just ad splits, still linear, but ads are placed within the article. Now every magazine does that - that's how magazines work. If you think we should run less ads, we'd have to raise our cover price significantly.

norther practitioner
10-31-2003, 12:01 PM
Just re-read it.. it was just seemed more choppy because you could jump from one article to another and not realize it for a little while...lol

GeneChing
10-31-2003, 04:23 PM
...that's probably aggravated from the fact the my writing all sounds the same. :p Sorry about that. I'll try and not break it up so much next time. In fact, I just did the pagination for the next issue and made sure not to break up any articles (except for with ads, which is mandatory for our economic survival ;) ) We also tend to break up the articles evenly between the graphic artists here for more contrast. But with such a strong theme issue, the Shaolin specials always seem to take on a life of their own. Anyway, I'm flattered that I was worth your second read. Thanks for your support!