PDA

View Full Version : Got in a Fight

Water Dragon
10-02-2003, 08:47 AM
2 Weekends Ago. I didn't want to post anything until I was sure that there would be no Police Report. Anyway, I went out to the local bar with my wife to have a few drinks. We were enjoying ourselves, both a little buzzed when my wife get up to use the washroom.

On the way back, this guy is following her, trying to talk to her while she is walking back to our table. Being the cool guy that I am (and I really do try to be a good guy in real life) I let the guy know that is my wife. Simple mistake, my wife IS pretty hot, no need to get upset, right?

Wrong

This guy has the ballz to say, "Phuk you, she's going home with me."

So, being a little tipsy myself, I say :D and smack the guy upside the head hard enough to make hand tingle. I know what's coming next, he's gonna try and take my head off. So as he does, I teep him in the gut. I'm hyped as hell by this time. I'm thinking I'm gonna throw this punk into the bar.

The little $hit steps back and takes a boxing stance. I'm a little concerned now as we have a few good boxing gyms around us and I know more than a few people who have trained boxing. So I decide I better ask this guy a question.

I say:jab=jab (are you really a boxer? or you just playing)
He says: Cover (yeah I've trained a little
So I throw a big loopy left hook (I fight Southpaw) and say: You gonna duck under this lkike I think you are?
He ducks under and says: Of course, I'm a boxer
I say: How you gonna deal with this right knee I'm throwing then?
He says: Take it on the head and go down.

So the guy goes down, and literally starts twitching on the floor. I decide it's time to go. I didn't see any of his friends, but I got kids and the murder rate in my city is way too high as it is.

As we leave, the crowd friggin' parts like in the movies! I have to admit, that was cool.

What I learned was:
1. Yes I can defend myself
2. Yes, it is possible to have a run in with a trained fighter on the street
3. I don't need too deadly techniques (I didn't even get to use my SC, which I AM a little miffed about. I wanted to throw the sumnabyatch)
4. KISS (Keep it simple, stupid)

So that's my story. The first fight I've been in since I sarted training. Hopefully, it will be my last as well.

CrippledAvenger
10-02-2003, 08:53 AM
And I thought you said you were terrible at the striking game :D

Seriously, glad you're okay and that there's no fallout, WD. I'd hate to lose a kung fu brother and a good training partner, and I certainly wouldn't want to see the grief your family would go through.

Felipe Bido
10-02-2003, 09:14 AM
Awesome :D

CrippledAvenger
10-02-2003, 09:29 AM
At the risk of sounding crass, I have to know...

why didn't you use your taiji? It worked well against me in freewrestling?:confused:

MonkeySlap Too
10-02-2003, 09:40 AM
How's your knee? Kneeing people in the head has always hurt me more than the other guy.

You know, I thought I saw something about this on the Tribune site....

Water Dragon
10-02-2003, 09:42 AM
Well, I didn't really "think" of doing anything that much. When I slapped the guy, I was just pi$$ed. No one is going to talk like tha baout my wife around me. I could care less that he disrespected me, but my wife?

The teep came out probably because I have been working it a lot. It was "in my head" and I knew he was gonna come at me after getting slpped like that. Who wouldn't?

When he stepped back though, that startled me. I just remembered Myoung telling me that it is rude to go after somoen full force, so I asked him what he was about. When I was sure he was a boxer, I threw out that combo we were working. Fake the hook to get him to duck, and blast him with the knee when he does. The fool swerved his head right into my knee.

If he had actually made body contact, the Tui Shou probably would have come out, but the Shuai Chiao would have too. It just didn't go down that way.

Water Dragon
10-02-2003, 09:46 AM
My knees fine. It didn't hurt anymore than cracking someone in the face with my fist. I jowed it up for a few days and I was cool.

Ray Pina
10-02-2003, 09:51 AM
Goor for you. The fact that you sized him up shows good training and awerness. To be able to recognize the other guy is important.

Glad that you were your wife's hero;)

fa_jing
10-02-2003, 10:49 AM
Awesome! :)

But you're just lucky he didn't know Jiu-jitsu....

:D

Starchaser107
10-02-2003, 11:04 AM
Way Cool!
u arbitrator of justice u

norther practitioner
10-02-2003, 11:47 AM
Well, fights are unfortunate but happen, glad to see you get out unscaved.:)

norther practitioner
10-02-2003, 11:48 AM
Um... chaser, you a mile high right now?

IronFist
10-02-2003, 11:49 AM
n/m. PM'ed instead.

Starchaser107
10-02-2003, 12:11 PM
np
yup , check your pm

Jowbacca
10-02-2003, 12:23 PM
Was visiting Chi-Town the other week and decided to hit up the local bar.

I was in the p!sser, washin up, when this smokin' hot chick comes in, grabs me by the jeans and starts givin me the best BJ I ever had.

About the time I'm thinkin bout finishing she gets up and starts walkin out. I follow after her askin when we can discuss finishing what we'd started.

She doesn't miss a step and says over her shoulder, "if you let my gay friend beat up on you, I'll go home with you."

I follow her back to her table where some Queer As Folk lookin dude confronts me, talkin about how his obviously flamin a$$ is her husband.

In my inebriated state, the best response I can come up with is "Phuk you, she's comin home with me." Thinkin maybe it'll get him to hit me quicker so I can get her home in my bed.

His first response to that bit of wisdom is to slap me like a little girl. Wondering if that's enough, I look over at Miss Wonderlips, and wouldn't you know it, the little pillow-biter kicks me in the gut.

At this point, I'm a bit tired of gettin hit, so I cover up a little.

This makes Mr. Poofter BrainSurgeon start playin Roy Jones with a couple the slowest, ugliest jabs you ever seen. I manage to cover those okay.

Then he fires off the biggest, telegraphed hook you ever seen; lookin like a retarded Will & Grace. I duck it but i'm laughing so hard i can't breathe.

I fall to the ground laughing; on the way down, bouncing my head off a limp-d!cked attempt at a knee to my nutz.

The super adhesive beer coating the floor sticks my cheek to the ground so I can't get up, which doesn't bug me too much cuz I'm too busy laughin.

After the hottie slides her phone # down my drawers she walks off with Mr LightLoafers. She makes up the humiliation of lying on a beer soaked floor to me the next night by finishing the job.

Sorry but somebody had to :D

Water Dragon
10-02-2003, 12:27 PM
That one deserved it's own thread.

Suntzu
10-02-2003, 12:34 PM
WD beat me to it....

might as well............ tf?... pics!?!

ShaolinTiger00
10-02-2003, 12:49 PM
Jowbacca rules!

Mutant
10-02-2003, 01:00 PM
Jowbacca man, thats some funny sh!t:D :D :D

Xebsball
10-02-2003, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by Water Dragon
I didn't want to post anything until I was sure that there would be no Police Report.

You see, its for things like that i need to call you a *****. You **** *****.

Xebsball
10-02-2003, 01:14 PM
btw

your wife -> pics??
please?

Water Dragon
10-02-2003, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by Xebsball
btw

your wife -> pics??
please?

Here ya go Xebby (http://myimgs.com/data/bscdthrasher/goblin.jpg)

joedoe
10-02-2003, 04:23 PM
lol WD. Glad things worked out OK

Serpent
10-02-2003, 04:58 PM

Aaarrrghhh! My eyes!

Looks like Dave Lee Roth's sister after a steroid bath.

Serpent
10-02-2003, 05:00 PM
Oh yeah - what's a teep?

CrippledAvenger
10-02-2003, 06:23 PM
Teep = Thai front kick. Aka push kick, foot jab, etc.

Jowbaca, that was TIGHT. :D

Royal Dragon
10-02-2003, 06:34 PM
(I didn't even get to use my SC, which I AM a little miffed about. I wanted to throw the sumnabyatch)

Reply]
He he he he he, this is exactly how I felt when I sparred that guy at work a week or so ago, and kicked him when I wanted to do that move out of my Tai Tziu form. Kicker, is the Tai tzu move probably would have been better, as it wouldn't leave me as open as the kick did.

Oh well, probably means I should be working that skill with an actual person I supose. :D

Serpent
10-02-2003, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by CrippledAvenger
Teep = Thai front kick. Aka push kick, foot jab, etc.

Aha, thanks. One of my fave techniques!

Volcano Admim
10-02-2003, 06:54 PM

OOOH!
THAS A HOTEEEE!!

Water Dragon
10-02-2003, 06:55 PM
FYI, I didn't get in a fight. I was playin' with yall. But we did get one heckuva spin outta Jow :D

joedoe
10-02-2003, 06:58 PM
So what you are saying is that you trolled us. Not behaviour befitting a mod :D

Water Dragon
10-02-2003, 07:01 PM
Where the heck is this idea that I'm a moderator coming from? I moderate the Shuai Chiao mailing list, but that's a private entity.

Starchaser107
10-02-2003, 07:04 PM
i dunno , but heres my experience
one day i logged on here and instead of kung lek it said waterdragon, i dunno what that was all about, but later on in the day it went back to saying kung lek..i dunno what other ppls experience with that is... i think its possible that maybe i was looking too fast and mistook last post for moderator but hey...i dunno

Xebsball
10-02-2003, 07:08 PM
I feel violated

Water Dragon
10-02-2003, 07:19 PM
I'm sorry Xebby, but I AM gonna post a pic of my wife for ya. Her sister has a couple on digital she's gonna e-mail.

Xebsball
10-02-2003, 07:27 PM
kick ass :D

joedoe
10-02-2003, 07:32 PM
My mistake - everyone else was talking about you being a mod so I assumed you were becoming a mod.

Serpent
10-02-2003, 08:55 PM
I feel violated

You have been!

MWAAAHAAHAHAAAAA!

diego
10-02-2003, 11:25 PM

When he stepped back though, that startled me. I just remembered Myoung telling me that it is rude to go after somoen full force, so I asked him what he was about. When I was sure he was a boxer, I threw out that combo we were working. Fake the hook to get him to duck, and blast him with the knee when he does. The fool swerved his head right into my knee.

SWEEEET:D

Fred Sanford
10-03-2003, 03:13 AM
FYI, I didn't get in a fight. I was playin' with yall. But we did get one heckuva spin outta Jow

so then what happened? you let the guy take your wife home ? :confused:

Kristoffer
10-03-2003, 03:53 AM
lmfao

Xebsball
10-03-2003, 05:39 AM
Originally posted by Serpent

You have been!

MWAAAHAAHAHAAAAA!

Dont poke fun at me, master :(

Shaolin-Do
10-03-2003, 06:28 AM
im tired. Reealy tire.ddddddddddddsnikaaseiohxfffffffffffffffffffff ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff ffffffffffffffffffffffffffff
Sorry. Fell asleep on the keyboard.

MaFuYee
10-03-2003, 07:36 AM
one comment.

someone said, 'why didn't wd use tai chi?'...

i think that's not exactly a correct assumption.

tai chi certainly uses jabs, hook punches, and knees... (single whip, hit tiger, golden rooster)

i wish ppl would get it out of their heads that tai chi is just about pushing ppl.

i credit that general misconception to cmc, and others.

... how can an art lack those simple basic techniques?

Shaolin-Do
10-03-2003, 07:50 AM
:confused:

Water Dragon
10-03-2003, 07:56 AM
Originally posted by MaFuYee
one comment.

someone said, 'why didn't wd use tai chi?'...

i think that's not exactly a correct assumption.

tai chi certainly uses jabs, hook punches, and knees... (single whip, hit tiger, golden rooster)

i wish ppl would get it out of their heads that tai chi is just about pushing ppl.

i credit that general misconception to cmc, and others.

... how can an art lack those simple basic techniques?

One comment.
I wish some people would understand that I have shown Crippled Avenger, who is a boxer and a Muay Thai guy how Taij is used in gloved boxing situation. How you can yield and hook, come over the top with a cross, jab, knee, etc.

I wish ppl would get it out of their head that they are not the only people who train the "real deal" and all those secrets they have, really aren't secrets at all.

MaFuYee
10-03-2003, 08:36 AM
come on wd... don't be like that. (i'd hate to have to bang ur wife to teach u a lesson. :D )

that's not what i meant at all. - it's just a lot of ppl seem to get confused, and wonder how something can be 'tai chi', if you're not moving slowly, or gently sailing someone away...

the post was mainly in response to crippled avengers comment: "why didn't you use your taiji?"

i don't know what about my post offended u so greatly, but for the record, i do not claim to "know the real deal". - it's all a matter of degree. - nor do i claim to posess any "secrets"... i've always maintained that imo, tai chi is simple.

play nice, will ya?
(you bastid!)

Water Dragon
10-03-2003, 08:39 AM
I am playing, don't take the internet so seriously. :D

Crip is a training partner of mine and is very aware of what Taiji is, and what it is not.

Shaolin-Do
10-03-2003, 08:42 AM
"i'd hate to have to bang ur wife to teach u a lesson."
Trust me, it doesnt work. Ive tried a couple times.
:eek:

fa_jing
10-03-2003, 08:50 AM
You know, I was wondering for some time how it was that you threw a right knee from a southpaw stance after a swinging left hook. You wouldn't have had the time to recover and do a step up - I was thinking that either you made a mistake typing and really hit him with your left knee, or that you brought your back foot up to square while throwing the hook - it would still be pretty unnatural.

But surprisingly, I had no clue that you were kidding. Good one L.

rubthebuddha
10-03-2003, 08:58 AM
But surprisingly, I had no clue that you were kidding. the idea that he came out the winner should have been a big tipoff. :D

regardless, jow gave us some fodder to make us laugh through the weekend, so we're all good.

Shaolin-Do
10-03-2003, 09:01 AM
I love weekends.
mmm... friday...
auuauuhhhghhh...... <- homer drooling sound.

rubthebuddha
10-03-2003, 09:17 AM
don't forget to tilt your head back and let the drool come out the side of your mouth.

SevenStar
10-03-2003, 12:10 PM
my wife IS pretty hot

I'll second that one.

This guy has the ballz to say, "Phuk you, she's going home with me."

That would've made any of us do what you did.

(I didn't even get to use my SC, which I AM a little miffed about. I wanted to throw the sumnabyatch)

Shaolin-Do
10-03-2003, 12:20 PM
D@mn... I bet throwing someone through a bar would be as satisfying as.... as throwing someone through a bar!

Water Dragon
10-03-2003, 12:23 PM
For some reason, it's always been a goal of mine to shoulder throw somebody onto the top of a fire hydrant. I guess I'm just silly that way.

Shaolin-Do
10-03-2003, 12:25 PM
Thats pretty brutal. Id rather throw them off of an overpass onto the freeway.

rubthebuddha
10-03-2003, 01:29 PM
... right into a garbage truck. so they wouldn't die immediately. they'd suffer for a tidbit with the stench and such, then get smooshed.

but then again, WD has an impressive notion about fire hydrants (that's the fourth DIFFERENT context in which i've said that today). :D

SevenStar
10-04-2003, 06:27 AM
btw

your wife -> pics??
please?

A;ways looking for something to beat off to, eh?

Xebsball
10-04-2003, 07:39 AM
yeah

is your wife hot too?