PDA

View Full Version : if i won the lottery ... (your training wish list)

rubthebuddha
10-02-2003, 10:30 AM
it's like that barenakedladies song, only directed at training. here's a thread to vent our wishes and dreams -- basically, what would we all do if we had an exceptionally fat wallet and, thus, the corresponding free time to put it to use. keep the wishes in line with your training, both in martial arts and general fitness. here's me:

... i'd open up a gym with sevenstar. big space, two classrooms that can be opened up into one big one (for seminars), an office, a stacked weight room and a smoothie bar. one simple rate would get the school open to a student for any class for which they were ready, weight room open to all students, and not an ounce of attitude from anyone, be it within the school or directed outside.

next?

edit: i'd also have a library from which students could check out books and/or videos related to fitness, history, culture, etc.

can't forget all the basic training gear, wood dummies and wall bags included.

Vash
10-02-2003, 10:36 AM
Big @$$ dojo area. Wall of heavy bags, from 60-200lbs.

Boxing ring.

Weight Room equal in size to the dojo. No b!tch-ass machines, though (Smith-Anythings). Only the good kind.

A smoothie bar.

A sauna.

A whirlpool the likes of which normally reserved for the NFL.

Nothing too extravagant.

norther practitioner
10-02-2003, 10:38 AM
Um, well, I'd pay schmucks like you to work out for me...lol

:D

Prob. something similar, but would make sure that there was a good rotating selection of instructors to come through and do periodic seminars and good full time instruction as well, actually pay them what they are worth...

Keep a stacked weapons room....

Water Dragon
10-02-2003, 10:43 AM
Screw martial arts. I'm buying a Chinese massage parlor with an opium bar in the back

BeiTangLang
10-02-2003, 10:49 AM
LOL!

Suntzu
10-02-2003, 11:57 AM
WD has caught the correct....... and will soon catch the social disease.... :D

Chang Style Novice
10-02-2003, 12:07 PM
Camper Van Beethoven is superior

Well I lost an eye in mexico
Lost two teeth where I don’t know
People see me comin’ and they move to the other side of the road
I robbed a liquor store just to
Made myself at home a few times
Borrowed myself a car when I needed it
I got me a shack at the bottom of the road
Fixin’ cars and givin’ tows
Spend all my money on the lottery

When I win the lottery gonna buy all girls on my block
A color tv and a bottle of french perfume
When I win the lottery gonna donate half my money to the city
So they have to name a street or a school or a park after me*
When I win the lottery

Never run a flag up a pole
Like mr. red, white, and blue down the road
But I never called myself a hero for killing a known communist
Now I can walk into any old bar
Find a fight without looking too hard
But I never killed someone I don’t know just ’cause someone told me to

And when I win the lottery
Gonna buy the house next to mr. red, white and blue
And when I win the lottery
Gonna buy post 306 american legion, paint it red with five gold stars
When I win the lottery

When the end comes to this old world
The righteous will cry and the rest will curl up
And God won’t take the time to sort your ashes from mine
’cause we zig and zag between good and bad
Stumble and fall on right and wrong
’cause the tumbling dice and the luck of the draw just leads us on

And when I win the lottery, gonna buy all the girls on my block
Silver-plated six shooters and a quart of the finest highland scotch
’cause when I win the lottery, the righteous will shake their heads and say that
God is good but surely works in mysterious ways
When I win the lottery

* not for me, thanks. I already have a street, school and park with my name in this town.

Anyway, I'd probably just open a fully equipped martial gym and hire local hotshots to teach their classes there instead of in their current digs. I mean, why not go all out? Have a weight room, locker room, shower (as well as steam room and sauna), four different big training areas so several classes can go on at once, a competition area with a ring, bleachers, and box office for events, firing range in the basement, meditation garden on the roof, I mean ALL OUT!

Xebsball
10-02-2003, 01:10 PM
what training?

i want females
and canis familiaris

ComeToJesus
10-02-2003, 01:34 PM
I'd put my money towards building a room in which gravity can be increased, and train dragonball z style! yeah!
gyms, pfft... what's wrong with you people...

Chang Style Novice
10-02-2003, 01:38 PM
Although, honestly, the extra time from not having to work for a living would be the most valuable training tool I could get with a fortune on my hands.

Sho
10-02-2003, 02:07 PM
I'd help build a nice own kwoon for our club with all the appropriate training facilities etc, including punching bags, dummies, racks equipped with weapons, some weightlifting tools, a hard surface for training and big enough for seminar use, a lei tai with proper cushioning, an altar with a statue of Kwan Kung, a small observatory for visitors, a security system and a complete traditional Chinese design (entrance, calligraphy, paintings, decorations, etc). The list could go on forever, but the main idea would be to build a private kwoon for our school to serve as a static HQ, where students can train whenever they want without caring about strictly booked timetables.

rubthebuddha
10-02-2003, 02:53 PM
chang style has bumped uglies with the captain of the correct cheerleading team -- on both statements.

the extra time would be superfantastic, and CVB is superior. i don't know how many people i've spooked while singing take the skinheads bowling. :D

Kristoffer
10-02-2003, 03:32 PM
I would travel alot. Opening up a kwoon is a pretty tough job even if you have money. Nice thought

norther practitioner
10-02-2003, 03:40 PM
Oh, how could I forget... I'd hire the Hottest massuse I could find too...:D

rubthebuddha
10-02-2003, 03:53 PM
Oh, how could I forget... I'd hire the Hottest massuse I could find too... np -- my girlfriend would kill me. so instead, i'll just send her to massage school. :D

joedoe
10-02-2003, 04:28 PM
I think I would consider building a kwoon for our school. Nothing too flashy, just a hall with a good floor and maybe some equipment. I would also want to keep enough for myself so that I could be more flexible about work and have more time to train.

Serpent
10-02-2003, 05:47 PM
Joe - you'd spend it all on pies. ;)

I guess it depends how much of a lottery win. If it was big enough then I'd buy my Sifu a premises so he didn't have to rent any more. Then I'd buy a big property in the country no more than an hour or two from the city and build myself a huge old gwoon of my own. I'd have time to train and do all my things and still be close enough to come in and train with my Sifu.

Like others have said, the best bit would be the time I'd have not having to work.

joedoe
10-02-2003, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by Serpent
Joe - you'd spend it all on pies. ;)

I guess it depends how much of a lottery win. If it was big enough then I'd buy my Sifu a premises so he didn't have to rent any more. Then I'd buy a big property in the country no more than an hour or two from the city and build myself a huge old gwoon of my own. I'd have time to train and do all my things and still be close enough to come in and train with my Sifu.

Like others have said, the best bit would be the time I'd have not having to work.

Pies? Only because I drop so many :D

Serpent
10-02-2003, 06:18 PM