PDA

View Full Version : What should I do now?

IronFist
10-02-2003, 12:15 PM
I just completed my PTP/GVT cycle. They both happened to end at the same time. That was cool. I gained a few pounds but I lost half of them from my last 4 days of cardio. I'm still weak as hell, though, although stronger than I was before I began the cycle. Hmmm...

I don't feel like doing another cycle of the same. I don't wanna do PTP cuz of the fact that I'm trying to gain endurance. Hmm... thinking of cycles sucks...

Maybe I'll look over the OVT or whatever it was called again.

Ford Prefect
10-02-2003, 12:21 PM
OVT would be cool. You are always welcome on the Westside.

abobo
10-02-2003, 11:17 PM
I find my gymnastics type workouts fun and challenging. If you have your bars, you might try throwing them into the mix.

CoconutRobot
10-03-2003, 12:19 PM
I believe it is possible to lose strength doing GVT while gaining mass. PTP and GVT are somewhat at odds with the higher reps. I'm suprised you did not do bear straight out of PTP.

Many people cycle RKC for endurance after a PTP cycle. I know the KBs are pricey, but you can get by with dumbells.

IronFist
10-03-2003, 05:28 PM
CoconutRobot said:
I believe it is possible to lose strength doing GVT while gaining mass. PTP and GVT are somewhat at odds with the higher reps. I'm suprised you did not do bear straight out of PTP.

I don't like bear cuz it's all 5 reps, which still kills endurance. I've done bear before and it's decent for size, but like I said in my other post, after doing bear and PTP for a year or two, even doing a set of 10 with low weights was very tough.

CoconutRobot
10-04-2003, 10:27 AM
I hope you did not do bear for two years straight :| You'd be fried! ;)

Seriously, check out the RKC stuff if you have not -- it really does work. It does exactly what you want. You can cycle Bear (or GVT) for 4-6 weeks and then 2-4 weeks of RKC. You'll get mass and preserve or increase your endurance.

IronFist
10-04-2003, 12:08 PM
I hope you did not do bear for two years straight :| You'd be fried! ;)

No :) What I meant was, for the last two years, while going to the gym on and off (cuz of class or sickness or other stuff that kept me from going to the gym), when I would go, I would do PTP or Bear.

Seriously, check out the RKC stuff if you have not -- it really does work.

The reason I haven't gotten into kettlebells is because my shoulders grow from just looking at weights. I haven't done any shoulder specific work for the last 3 years and my shoulders are still very big and very strong in proportion to the rest of my body. Most of the KB movements are very shoulder intensive and if I did them my shoulders would get even bigger.

It does exactly what you want. You can cycle Bear (or GVT) for 4-6 weeks and then 2-4 weeks of RKC. You'll get mass and preserve or increase your endurance.

That's what I've heard. I may give them a try at some point in the future, but not right now for the above mentioned reasons.

Thanks for the suggestions, however. If you have any more I'd like to hear.

zen_celt
10-04-2003, 09:06 PM
I'm a little tired of PTP and Bear too since it killed my pushups. I started using the first regimen I ever tried that my uncle gave me and it's gotten me results every time. I do a 15-10-5 pyramid and change it up every now and then for a little bit using the 5-4-3-2-1 pyramid. On the first one, I'll jump 10-20lbs between sets and the second I'll jump about 5-10lbs. I also do a bunch of bodyweight stuff and some rockclimbing for endurance. You might give it a shot as it's worked for me.
-ZC