PDA

View Full Version : MA in book

Octavius
10-03-2003, 12:48 AM
Do any of you know of any books (fiction) of any genre where MA plays plays a big role? Doesn't have to be the central role, but it is a itself a very important aspect of the plot? I just read a book called Helm by Stephen Gould and I thought his use of aikido in the book was very nicely done. The book overall was fun to read as well. Doesn't have to be Scifi. I'd also like books where there are interesting descriptions of training and usage as well - I am thinking of the Brotherhood of the Rose by Morrell as an example. The ones I can think of are:

Most Erik Lustbader books
The Otori books
Remo Williams books

I've noticed that a lot of such books use Japanese arts as a backdrop. Any out there that use other countries?

kwaichang kaned
10-03-2003, 03:53 AM
Your sig may give you a clue
The Dune series has martial arts.Albiet to the "Nth" degree(weirding way and knife fighting)
Also i remeber reading a series of books as a kid by Douglas Hill called "the last legionaire" Cheesy sci fi but entertaining.

chen zhen
10-03-2003, 04:11 AM
Good MA fiction?

read through a Shaolin-Do website:D

Shaolin-Do
10-03-2003, 06:29 AM
*cough*

Radhnoti
10-03-2003, 08:14 AM
Roger Zelazny edited a book called "Warriors of Blood and Dream", it's part sci-fi/fantasy and part straight fiction.

It may be heresay to mention, but cyberkwoon has a martial fiction section that I've found interesting. :o