PDA

View Full Version : 2004 Plum Flower Catalog

MaFuYee
10-03-2003, 07:56 AM
i saw something pretty cool in the 2004 plum flower press catalog which i got in the mail yesterday...

Pa Kua Chang Journal on cd-rom!
all 38 issues. - good stuff. :)
(pg. 3)

also, on pg. 14, there is a video, 'a world tour of tai chi'...
under yang style, they list 'old style'...

has anyone seen this video? - i'd be curious to see this 'old style' yang tai chi.

i've seen EM's 'old style'... :rolleyes:

i'd be curious to hear from someone who's seen this vid. - is it any good?

IronFist
10-03-2003, 11:55 PM
You don't like EM's old style yang?

I got the catalog. I was curious about some of the Iron Body stuff in there.

Their stuff usually sounds cool, but I've never purchased any of it.

Felipe Bido
10-04-2003, 12:08 AM
Get the Pa Kua Chang Journal ...please

MaFuYee
10-04-2003, 10:27 AM
ironfist;
re: You don't like EM's old style yang?

you're joking, right?

felipe;
uh... ok.

Kristoffer
10-04-2003, 11:53 AM
a Pakua journal would b cool...

IronFist
10-04-2003, 12:15 PM
MaFuYee: You put a ":rolleyes: " after you mentioned it so I assume that means you don't think highly of it. Your exact quote was:

i've seen EM's 'old style'... :rolleyes:

So, uh, I guess you don't like it.

Me? I've seen the video. I thought he was very detailed in his explanation (the most detailed I've ever seen), and I didn't see anything wrong with it. However, I don't know the first thing about taiji except for the fact that most people do a non-martial granolafied version of it.

So if there's something wrong with it, why don't you tell me what to look for so I'll be able to judge good taiji from bad taiji in the future.

Thanks.

IronFist
10-05-2003, 11:47 AM
bump

CaptinPickAxe
10-05-2003, 01:17 PM
where can I subscribe to this? is it free? I'm assuming it has some bad ass supplies in it, no?

IronFist
10-05-2003, 01:35 PM
I didn't see any supplies.

I don't remember where I signed up for it. I've just been getting it for a while.

I think this (http://www.plumflower.com/) is their website, though.

MaFuYee
10-05-2003, 05:35 PM
website is:
http://www.plumflower.com

Ironfist;
em's 'old form' looks like regular yang style done at a slightly quicker pace. - big whoop.

daniel lee has a tai chi 'fast form', which is pretty much the same deal.

to me, both seem kinda contrived and add little to nothing to regular yang style tai chi.

i practice the form at a fast pace to change things up, but that doesn't make it something new.

at my school, we do a 2 person tai chi 'san shou' form, which significantly differs from the regular form, and i think is an excellent form to practice. - i guess i was expecting something more than a speeded up slow form.

* and, although they're doing the slow form at a quicker pace, it is still done very slowly, as compared to how the techniques are used in application... so to me it seems quite useless, possibly even detrimental.

... but that's just my opinion.

no one listens to me anyway.