PDA

View Full Version : On the train.

tedward
10-03-2003, 11:45 AM
Hypothetical situation - your on a train carrage sitting down - and a couple people decide they are going to mug you. The first you see of them is when they are baring down at you, blocking your exit from your seat.

Your unarmed, you cant tell if they are armed - and its at least five minutes to the next stop. What would be going through your mind?

yenhoi
10-03-2003, 02:56 PM
Who else is on the bus, is there anything within reach that can be used as a weapon or shield, is there anything not within reach that you could possibly fight your way to or delay your aggressors long enough to deploy, is there anything around or on you that you can throw, what are the weaknesses of the clothing your aggressors are wearing, are there any physical barriers you can move to and use to your advantage, etc.

Basically, I want to deploy and conceal my weapon, locate one nearby if I dont have one, use the terrain to my advantage at all times, and fight like hell. Specially considering your scenario has multiple opponents.

:confused:

Kristoffer
10-04-2003, 12:59 PM
depends.. the smart thing would b to try talking yourself outta there. The next smart thing to do would b to give them what they want. The stupid way is to fight, they could shoot you, knife you etc.. But if you feel there's no other way than fight then take advantage of the narror space between the seats. That way they can't surround you

T'ai Ji Monkey
10-04-2003, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by tedward
Hypothetical situation - your on a train carrage sitting down - and a couple people decide they are going to mug you. The first you see of them is when they are baring down at you, blocking your exit from your seat.

Your unarmed, you cant tell if they are armed - and its at least five minutes to the next stop. What would be going through your mind?

Give them what they want.
I have noticed that seat layouts in trains vary a lot thus the response will depend on that too. Not all got the seats in rows like on a Bus or similar.

In a confined area when confronting multiple armed attackers you are bassically toast, forget all the MA fantasies and theories.

One alternative of course would be to hit the emergency brake, it might still get you knifed though.

Kristoffer
10-05-2003, 02:26 PM
"every avoided fight is a victory"
I beleive this but I always regret it and think I should have acted after I have avoided some confrontation.. :(

rogue
10-05-2003, 05:21 PM
Your unarmed, you cant tell if they are armed - and its at least five minutes to the next stop. What would be going through your mind? My instructor is going to kick whats left of my ass for somehow forgetting all the knowlage he passed on to me on how to not be in this situation.

Black Jack
10-05-2003, 09:06 PM
Itch balls. Put on cool eyepatch. Light Cigar. Unwrap blackmarket WW2 flamethrower disguised inside a large box decorated in fancy wrapping paper. Ask thugs this question in a Clint Eastwood voice...................

"Which one of you clown shoes gave my dog the clap?"

Ray Pina
10-07-2003, 09:20 AM
On subways all the time in Manhattan. Not much you can do if a couple of guys just happen to get in your car at 3:00 a.m. and no ones around -- it's not your fault. Unless you could have ditched out $20 for a cab.

I'm with Yenhoi, find any advantage available and fight like hell.

Where I grew up in Newark folks would get shot after getting out of their car for car jackers. I've had friends shot and stabbed after giving up jackets and sneakers.

I'm not going to put my life in their hands. If they're trying to rob me they're not the choir to begin with. Don't run, they'll catch you if it's late and no one's around. Fight like your life depends on it. It very well may.

I'd fight out of the seat, try to get position where I can stack them one behind the other. Use a center pole and my left to shield them off for a second and now's the time for the Spyderco blade to come out ... hope for a good outcome ... hoping now this never happens.

Temujinn
10-12-2003, 03:43 PM
I would start talking to myself really loud about shi**ing my pants and eating it and how I wasnt gonna let temptation get the best of this time, then I would blow my nose on my shirt and wipe it back on my face, then I would begin singing "I got a friend in Jesus" at the top my lungs while rubbing my groin vigorously. If they still wantted to touch me, then they deserve my wallet.

Temujinn
10-12-2003, 03:44 PM
never underestimate the power of lunacy

GunnedDownAtrocity
10-31-2003, 07:26 PM
not bad.

Ren Blade
11-04-2003, 11:27 AM
Should always carry a knife.

Look into getting an Osborne by Benchmade at your local cutlery store.

If you going to die, take at least one of your enemies with you. If you're going to fight for your life, be ready to give your life so you don't hold back anything.

Watahhh
11-06-2003, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by Temujinn
I would start talking to myself really loud about shi**ing my pants and eating it and how I wasnt gonna let temptation get the best of this time, then I would blow my nose on my shirt and wipe it back on my face, then I would begin singing "I got a friend in Jesus" at the top my lungs while rubbing my groin vigorously. If they still wantted to touch me, then they deserve my wallet.

LMAO