PDA

View Full Version : One last reminder

Chris McKinley
07-25-2001, 07:55 PM
Gary Romel and I will be conducting a self-defense seminar this Saturday from 10am to 6pm at Tinker Air Force Base in Midwest City, Oklahoma. If you are interested in attending, please call Gary at (405) 923-6892. Thanks.

JWTAYLOR
07-25-2001, 09:08 PM
What topics will be discussed? Do you have an online flier or web announcment? I'll post about it at www.kenpoworld.com (http://www.kenpoworld.com)

Or, better yet, you can go there and submit it yourself as well as any other training seminars or camps you might have.
JWT

If you pr!ck us, do we not bleed? If you poison us, do we not die? And if you wrong us, shall we not revenge? If we are like you in the rest, we will resemble you in that the villany you teach me, I will execute, and it shall go hard but I will better the instruction. MOV

Chris McKinley
07-26-2001, 06:12 AM
Thanks for the offer, Jon, that's very generous. The seminar will be very basic, making the assumption that those in attendance have little or no prior experience in martial arts or self-defense training. While elements of certain styles may appear within the techniques taught, it is essentially a "style-free zone", in that no one particular stylistic approach will be advocated above all others. Many of the concepts, principles and techniques shown will be common to most all hostile encounters, and many can be found in various martial arts styles as well.

Most of the information will be scenario and context-driven. In other words, it will be of the "what if the attacker does this?" variety, as opposed to teaching various forms or kata representative of a given style or another. Responses at various levels of intensity will be shown against many of the most common attacks. There will be a discussion of basic combat physics and physiology. There will be an open question-and-answer session and all questions are encouraged.

Basic information is available at Gary's website at www.pressurepointfighting.com. (http://www.pressurepointfighting.com.)

Once again, thanks for offer of assistance. Perhaps we could do you a good turn sometime as well. :)