PDA

View Full Version : Shaolin Do jive talk

Liokault
10-04-2003, 01:43 PM
From

Shoalin Do Forum (http://www.mullins-shaolin.com/message/viewtopic.php?t=99&sid=41be5b0d5dc3f243e8e60b46c3ad847a)

For now (and I reiterate this), it seems there's a new respect for SD over on KFO. Some of the guys that bashed us over and over are now asking legitimate questions. I want to say thanks to the guys that have went over to KFO (from this board) and shown a lot of professionalism and courtesy even in the face of high negativity.

And

Also, I heard one of the main bashers of SD, Willow Sword, was challenged (or maybe he challenged) by a SD member and was subsequently pounded, and now he states he has a new respect for the art. Anyone know the full story behind this? The Willow Sword is from Austin.

Radhnoti
10-04-2003, 02:18 PM
Wow. Whoever stated that about TWS was way off, at least based on my information.
Willow studied/taught SD and challenged a major critic of SD to back up his talk. Willow followed through with his challenge...although there was personal and political adversity to overcome...and was defeated. Though the critic stated that he came away with a respect for TWS...though not necessarily for SD.
The "personal and political adversity" convinced Willow to leave shaolin-do. Props to him for going the distance...that is to say, if you're going to post aggressively (as he still does) it's cool to know that some are willing to back it up.

Kristoffer
10-04-2003, 02:19 PM
lol

we have repect of shaolin do now?
:D

Brad
10-04-2003, 02:38 PM
lol @ themeecer's posts ;)

Most of it stems from jealousy; they don't even have a fraction of what we teach so they try to discredit us. Take heart that you are studying the most comprehensive art in the world with a direct link to the Shaolin temple. Fortunately our art left China before the 1950s or we would all be studying wushu instead of the pure art we have now.
:rolleyes: What a hypocryte. Bashes my art while so many of his fellow SDers are practicing our form :rolleyes:

Kristoffer
10-04-2003, 02:42 PM
is this the time to chase away all sd mororns? ohhhhh angry mob style

Chang Style Novice
10-04-2003, 03:23 PM
Not all SD are morons. However, there are a few who are dumb enough to lend creedence to the idea that it attracts nitwits.

ninthdrunk
10-04-2003, 04:09 PM
Hello-

I would like to ask a favor. Do not post on the shaolin do forum if you are not doing so with legitimate questions or you have malicious intent.

I personally have never bashed anyone here or anyone's art. I post on the shaolin do forum. I posted there before I even heard of this place. A lot of the people that post there are really good people and martial artists that have never even bothered to come and check out this forum. They are not interested in any of the flaming and trolling that goes on. I have had some good conversations with some of you that like to "bash" shaolin do, and I know that you dont do this out of anger or to spite anyone. The people on that forum are what you would call innocent bystanders. I know that some of the shaolin do students that have been posting here for awhile now have given you some reasons to be just as aggressive with your words. It isnt fair to subject the others there to the arguments that are so rampant here. Thank you.

As for The Willow Sword...The person that posted the comment concerning his challenge was probably answered and the mistake was cleared up. I know Willow Sword. He is a good guy and good martial artist. What he did deserves some respect. No matter what was said between the two of them, they both did something that many of the posters here would never have the courage to go through with. A lot of us know the true story, and the others that ask questions will be told the correct answers. I dont know why that quote was brought up here.

Thank you,

Ben

Liokault
10-04-2003, 04:13 PM
Hey ninthdrunk. I like your sig.......If only all SD guys would disappear.

Radhnoti
10-04-2003, 04:25 PM
Ninthdrunk...
Considering the large influx of pro-SD posters this site has picked up, it's...shortsighted (to say the least) for the people who've jumped into the fray here to assume that anti-SDer's won't return the favor. In the anti-SDer's eyes what better forum to hit and "open the eyes" of those being "duped" then one where they may influence folks just starting?
That's assuming this is actually the intent of the anti-SDer's...and I think (in many cases) it actually may be.

I've always been of the opinion that anyone reaching brown should be exposed to (at least) the attitude many other CMA's have about shaolin-do.

Just my opinion.

ninthdrunk
10-04-2003, 04:30 PM
My problem with that is that most of us are not hostile in our postings on this forum. Most of the people that post on the shaolin do forum do not post here and have not participated in these "discussions". I just dont think it is right to throw your views in the faces of people that are not asking to hear them. I am not asking them to not post there. If they have good questions and the can remain civil, then by all means...I would personally like to have a few of them there, some of these folks really know what they are talking about, even if they are speaking a different language than us!

As for having to deal with the cma community. I have NEVER experienced the rudeness that I have witnessed on this forum (I say witnessed because so far everyone has been rather coureous to me). I guess I just feel like the folks over there have nothing to do with this....just looking out for the little brothers and sisters, I guess. Besides, it never hurts to ask!

Ben

Brad
10-04-2003, 04:40 PM
I would like to ask a favor. Do not post on the shaolin do forum if you are not doing so with legitimate questions or you have malicious intent.

I'll probably post a couple things over there, but I promise to try to be 100% considerate no matter how much I feel like calling someone names or whatever I might think of a certain individual. Yeah, I know I allready called someone a name in this thread, but I'm not going to be so low as to ruin another school's msg. board, lol. Unless it's Ashida Kim's ;)

rogue
10-04-2003, 05:07 PM
Mullins Shao-Lin Kung Fu
Over 1600 years of knowledge and experience

I guess that Geritol stuff really works.:p

rogue
10-04-2003, 05:09 PM
I just tried to register and I received this message
"Sorry, but this e-mail address has been banned." :D

Brad
10-04-2003, 05:13 PM
Hahaha! Actually, I never got far enough on there to really cause any trouble :-P I posted a couple nice posts like, before posting a slight criticism of someone posting about ninja kungfu... I wrote "I'm a bit skeptical of ninja kungfu". Next thing I know Ashida Kim himself posted some long as hell rant about some random subject, and next thing I knew I was ip banned :D

T'ai Ji Monkey
10-04-2003, 05:31 PM
Cerebus.

I am familiar with Shorinshi kempo.

You are as wrong as he is. Shorinshi kempo does NOT have a 2000yr History nor does it have ANY links to Mitose, Chow, Parker, Cerio & finally Villari.
They are very different arts and have a very different histories.

Ever heard of Rev. Doshin So?? He is the founder of Shorinshi Kempo, it is a fairly new art.
The founder studied in China and brought his art back to Japan after WW II.

Might I suggest spending 5 minutes on google and doing your research before making statements and claims and trying to sound super-duper intelligent.

History (http://www.shorinjikempohollywood.com/wsn3FB1.html)

T'ai Ji Monkey
10-04-2003, 05:59 PM
Cerebus.

Shorinshi Kempo is ONLY registered as a religion because they get special benefits from it. ;)
This is from a friend who is 4th Dan in the art.

Seeya.

crazymaddrunk
10-04-2003, 08:29 PM
Also, I will say that the claim that Doshin So only trained in the system he called "Giwamonken" for 4 years is NOT something I have been able to confirm as the truth. - Cerebus

Hmmm, darn, I didn't know they made you the Martial Art historian. Maybe you can't confirm it because your sick a$$ mom was underneath the covers with you. Maybe you can't confirm it because you're so freakin stupid. Maybe you can't confirm it because you're just a plain idiot.

By the way, who cares what you have to say? Go roll in the bed with your dad some more.

crazymaddrunk
10-04-2003, 09:22 PM
The only problem I have with you and so many others on here is the fact that they are here to "confirm information" about a style they don't or never intend to study. It's done for the simple fact to ridicule and put down other people's style.

So be it, that's where I come in. If you don't like it, shut up.

themeecer
10-04-2003, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by crazymaddrunk
The only problem I have with you and so many others on here is the fact that they are here to "confirm information" about a style they don't or never intend to study. It's done for the simple fact to ridicule and put down other people's style.
I think that is the wisest thing you have said on here and is pretty much the basis of this site. (Well I think other things you say are wise as well, or at least they make me laugh. :D )

crazymaddrunk
10-04-2003, 09:43 PM
Cerebus- Way to dodge what I posted. Your mom needs slapeed in the mouth for having such an ingrate like yourself.

And for your information, I was going through therapy, but I was able to slide by cause they said I was sane....poor fools (the doc was a Canadian)

shaolin kungfu
10-04-2003, 10:19 PM
it seems cmd is having some dififculty pronciating thoose werds.

themeecer
10-04-2003, 10:56 PM
30 here

dezhen2001
10-05-2003, 03:17 AM
Originally posted by T'ai Ji Monkey
Cerebus.

Shorinshi Kempo is ONLY registered as a religion because they get special benefits from it. ;)
This is from a friend who is 4th Dan in the art.

Seeya.
hey changed your nick again :)

dawood

crazymaddrunk
10-05-2003, 08:51 AM
No, Cerebus, you didn't hurt my feelings, nor could you because frankly you are nothing. I didn't respond because believe it or not, I have a life off of the computer (unlike yourself).

And please continue to follow me around the boards like the puppy dog you are, you know I spanked yo a$$ and you LIKED it.

CaptinPickAxe
10-05-2003, 01:25 PM
wow...everyone has mastered the art of bickering. You sound like a bunch of 11 y/o girls arguing about who's prettiest. As far as I'm concerned, anyone who spends more than 3 hours a week on the forum (except if your getting paid to talk on KFO) your in serious need of some readjustments. Spend more time training and less time squaking like a bunch of broads.

good day, friends.

David Jamieson
10-05-2003, 09:57 PM
watch the language guys.

thanks, had to prune this one.

it's a family forum.

David Jamieson
10-05-2003, 10:07 PM
I think that is the wisest thing you have said on here and is pretty much the basis of this site.

themeecer-

This site does not have as it's basis style bashing directed at SD or it's practitioners.

Arguments and discussion of all styles and all lineages is something that happens every now and then on a kungfu forum.

A word to the wise:

If you have thin skin, stay off the internet discussion forums.

A word to the rest:

That doesn't mean we're gonna leave all the crude bad mouthing posts in the dbase here either.

cheers

Mr Punch
10-06-2003, 03:38 AM
Or even the question, can the mod show any of us one post by crazydrunkenhalfwit which has any value to any discussion being held?

Or can perhaps the mod ban alcoholpickleddribblemouth?

Mr Punch
10-06-2003, 03:44 AM
Hi themeecer! :D

Wouldn't wanna pop back to the boards without saying a quick hi to you sweetheart.

You may be right in that post being the wisest thing cmd has said... since most of his posts are slagging off other people in a manner befitting a 12 year old in need of his mouth washing out by his overweight retarded mullet wearing momma with or (usually) without provocation.

However, on this occasion he was slagging off cerebus for mentioning another martial art in a fairly impartial and informed context, without even the hint of malice.

Which makes you hypersensitive, overdefensive, and plain ol full o horse pucky as usual!

'Speak' to you again in a month or two if you're lucky.

Shaolin-Do
10-06-2003, 08:14 AM
"I am 42 years old. If you do not mind me asking , how many of you are in your teens?"
:rolleyes:

themeecer
10-06-2003, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by Kung Lek
themeecer-

This site does not have as it's basis style bashing directed at SD or it's practitioners.
No I didn't mean only attacking SD, I meant attacking any art that you are not currently studying. Northern arts sucks, southern arts sucks, wing chun sucks, BJJ sucks, MMA sucks (actually it does ... hehe ;) ) and so on.

Brad
10-06-2003, 02:30 PM
I think this about sums up this thread...
"I am 42 years old. If you do not mind me asking , how many of you are in your teens?"
I really think age and the ability to have a decent, repectful conversation/debate have little to do with age... the worst offenders seem to be adults, sometimes even teachers themselves(check out the Abel vs. Ross threads ;) )

Shaolin-Do
10-06-2003, 02:33 PM
Yeah, I know. In terms of speaking however, we tend to gauge ability on the generalization of age, or categorize the speaker to the appropriate age group.
;)