PDA

View Full Version : Good Results

BAI HE
10-04-2003, 04:34 PM
Just wanted to let some folks here know that I've been working
out using the "anti-bodybuilding" workout from www.chadwaterbury.com. Someone here posted the link and well, thanks.
I've gotten great strength increases from it, and outside of ganking my back (bad form) yesterday, it's been great.
The workout is on www.chadwaterbury.com
It's strange to be not working to failure and getting better results.
I haven't been in the "Iron game" for 8 years or so, but thge advances in the available information have me pretty exited about how I can acheieve some of my goals.

Thanks to either Ford or Ironfist, I think one of you guys posted the info that has me on the right track.

BTW-

I've also been following the "South Beach Diet", it's on the NYT bestseller list for a reason. I've dropped a good amount of fat and learned to eat in a whole different way. You' need to get a supplement some protein though if you are really throwing Iron.

I've just gotten back into weight training and one thing I have to say is "take it slow" when re-acquainting yourself with resistance training. I ganked my back doing Roman Chairs with **** form.
Luckily, my older gung-fu sister managed to alleviate most of the pain through acupuncture.

This is a great forum. Peace, Pete.

IronFist
10-04-2003, 06:40 PM
That's cool, I just read the program. The only thing I disagree with is:

It's a strange phenomenon. Every trainee who's been around the iron game for more than a year knows that big arms are built from compound exercises, but people are still convinced they need direct arm work!

All I've been doing for the past two years is "compound exercises" and my arms are small in proportion to my shoulders, chest, and back. So some people still need arm specific work at certain times. I think he's just trying to say you don't need to do 1,000 sets of curls to get big arms.

I may try that program since I'm not sure if I like OVT or not.

BAI HE
10-04-2003, 08:04 PM
Good point.
For me it's fairly easy, my bicep "Bellies' are so small that trying to reallly hit them makes no sense.
I have all tendon in the bi's.
I focus on "snatch" and "grab" strength, ie. explosive movements once a week to smack those fibers if my compound work doesn't get them good enough.

Ford Prefect
10-06-2003, 06:57 AM
Yeah. Chad is very obnoxious with is delivery, but he does have some good advice mixed in with his elite'ist and rediculous claims. I agree that he is full of $hit with that arms/compund movement bs. I stuck strictly to compound movements for over a year easily and my arms never grew close to what they are now from doing tricep and bicep focussed exercises.

BAI HE
10-06-2003, 06:42 PM
Triceps yes. Biceps no. That is for me, I have those kind of buceps that are half tendon in a flex position. Just a bunch of piano wire with a bocci ball attached.

My triceps get big though, I have some meat in strange places. I'd rather have it in the tri's than the bi's though.

Ford Prefect
10-07-2003, 06:47 AM
Right. My point being that rather than giving 100% sound and objective advice, he tries to push his own biases in his articles. I like his work for the most part, but it's hard to take him seriously when he goes on his rants.

BAI HE
10-08-2003, 05:19 PM
I think that's to push copy. The whole T-mag thing is the anti-establishment tone. I e-maild Waterbury directly and he responded. Pretty nice guy, but that doesn't move magazines.